MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 05-10-06, 02:20
Earl Tucker

Lightbulb New Track Shoes and rerubber of boggie wheels!

Hello Forum members. I have seen many threads about people wanting new track shoes made and having their boggies rerubbered.

I have received quotes to do both. I can have the boggie retired with a high quality urethane in black and be UV resistance. They will be better than rubber as the originals.

Price would be in the $300.00 ranger per wheel + shipping to me in Texas and then return shipping to you. We need about 30 wheels to get this price.

On the track Shoes I can have them cast in 4160 steel with holes ready for pin for a cost of $30.00 per shoe + shipping.

Pins can be made up very easy. So yes new shoes can be made if there is enough buyers for them.

Please send me your interests in this work if interested.

Regards
Earl Tucker
Waller, Texas :dh:
Old 05-10-06, 04:26

Default track shoes

Hello Earl,
The price of the wheels seems to be about the same as here not counting the exchage rate we are about 76 cents to your dollar give or take a few cents rubber cost $308 including our 10% tax, Urethane are about $280, all these are plus shipping of course, The track shoes are interesting do you mean track links? do you have a picture showing a compleated cast link so that we can see what they look like,

Regards,
Ron,
Old 05-10-06, 06:06
Earl Tucker

Default Track and Boggies

Ron, The tooling to make the track like or shoe is quite exspensive. About $10,000.000. But the company is willing to do if I can get a good order together. I have sent a sample to the company and they have over 40 years of doing this kind of work.

The tooling to make up the boggie wheels is about $1,500.00. I have to have mo boggies redone and I am sure there are a lot of UC owners who need the same.

I have no clue if new tracks are out there in any quantity but I have not see anyone advertizing them. I was really surprized at the low cost to make them.

With all the talk about can they be made, YES THEY CAN and I have a company ready and willing if enough guys or gals are interested.

4160 steel requires about 3,000 degrees to melt so its a job only professionals can do.

Do you have an interest in a set?

Regards
Old 05-10-06, 06:33

Default track

Hi earl,
The cost of the track is certainly reasonable, the only down side for us in this part of the world is distance hence the extra cost but as you say if you can get enough starters that would lower the shipping costs, I have new track for my carrier, but yes you are correct there is no one out there offering it as new,
The cost of the mould to get my wheels done was about $3,000 Aust,
Most people here seem to be getting by with old used track but this can not go on forever as the old track wears out, I hope that you can get some orders
Regards,
Ron.