MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 12-04-06, 00:30
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Yappy Birthday

I know someone got the name wrong on the cake, but what else would a pixie witch have, eh?

"Yappy birthday to you, yappy birthday to you, YAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Yappy, yappy birthday tooooo youuuuuuuuuuu!"

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 12-04-06, 01:40

LOL. does this one really make you an "Ol' Lady"?

cheers
Cliff

PS> I hope it is a good one for you
Old 12-04-06, 02:14
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Yappy Birthday

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb

I know someone got the name wrong on the cake, but what else would a pixie witch have, eh?

"Yappy birthday to you, yappy birthday to you, YAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Yappy, yappy birthday tooooo youuuuuuuuuuu!"

... now everyone knows is OLDER!

Thank you Keefy ... I had an Aunty named Anna and really liked her so I like the name ... however, all that pink swirly stuff looks like the mushrooms may have had some influence in the decoration of it? Verra pretty, indeed ...

and HERE is what I have here for me ... I went shopping today and decided to treat myself with some flowers and birthday cake but I couldn't afford to buy so many candles ... after I eat my home made chicken vegetable soup (yes, those are rutabagas in there too!) I shall eat cake!
Attached Thumbnails
birthday1.jpg  
Old 12-04-06, 02:16
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff
LOL. does this one really make you an "Ol' Lady"?

cheers
Cliff

PS> I hope it is a good one for you
"Ol' Lady Hoo" ... geez, I KNEW i could yodel if I tried

Thanks for the birthday wishes ... I'm enjoying myself

Old 12-04-06, 02:21
Vets Dottir

Default Birthday gift ...

BTW folks ... what a nice Birthday present I received today ... someone advertized to give away a desk and I'm the lucky recipient ... it will be the first REAL desk I've ever owned ... its a wooden ex gov't office desk, 6' x 3' across the top, 3 drawers one side, two the other ... I finally have a place to file all my records and paperwork. Now, how wonderful a birthday gift is THAT!!! The gentleman is simply giving it away as it was given to him many years ago ... it's only costing me $20 to get it delivered tomorrow morning. Hot damn ... lucky
Old 12-04-06, 16:35
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
"Ol' Lady Hoo" ... geez, I KNEW i could yodel if I tried

Thanks for the birthday wishes ... I'm enjoying myself

Trying to sneak one past us were you girl!? Well, that's simply not on!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARMEN!

Here's a pic of a bumper sticker I recently bought. Those of you who are AARP-eligible might enjoy the sentiment.
Attached Thumbnails
imag0461.jpg  
Old 12-04-06, 19:58
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Plate

Wouldn't it be cool to make those plates the right size for tac signs... you could then personalise your CMP to make even more of a statement!

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 12-04-06, 20:09
Vets Dottir

Default Good one!

Hey Sapperman ... love the sign! Could come in handy for neighbors who play loudly music you hate ...
Old 12-04-06, 20:19

Happy birthday from Switzerland too!

Wish you another century of fun with the MLU blokes!

www.wheelsandtracks.com
>> Condor A580 M+85691 (1952), Swiss Army Motorbike (unrestored)
>> F15 1942 Aust (Cab 13) ::: restored by Keefy
Old 12-04-06, 22:52
Vets Dottir

Hey, Thanks Christoph, and good to hear from you! ... great cake ... and there are only 24 candles on it so it makes me feel young again, so ... thank you for that too

Ole' Ma Yappy Karmen
Old 12-04-06, 23:13
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Re: Yappy Birthday

Quote:
I shall eat cake!
Do... do... do I see a Jeep on that cake?!?!

H.

P.S. Yappy Birthday, Miss Happy
Old 12-04-06, 23:39
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Yappy Birthday

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanno Spoelstra
Do... do... do I see a Jeep on that cake?!?!

H.

Ah ... Master Hanno, I'm impressed with your powers of observation. You show yourself to be a very observant Dutchboy indeed ... I was wondering when someone would comment on the Jeep, or the ..................... If I could give you a piece of my birthday cake (I'm having some NOW!!!) I'd give you some as a prize!

I thought I'd perk up the pic for all of you MLU-ers, especially our Aussie friends, from whence the Jeep came many moons ago to my long ago bunker, in a care package along with some Billy tea, Billy Bong and some Anzac biccies, from Aussieland ... and the ______ also came from Aussieland .... amazing creatures, those Aussie folks

(Go here http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/sh...Anzac+Biscuits to read about the care package )

Ole' Ma Yappy
Old 12-04-06, 23:40
Vets Dottir

Quote:
H.

oops ... forgot to thank you ... Ma Happy
Old 12-04-06, 23:59
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Yappy Birthday

Quote:
I was wondering when someone would comment on the Jeep, or the .....................
You mean the Jeep is sitting on top of an Anzac Biscuit?!?!

Oh well, as long as the cake tastes good...you can wake me up for chocolate cake anytime!

H.
Old 13-04-06, 00:32
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Yappy Birthday

Quote:
... now everyone knows is OLDER!
Happy Birthday Karmy. :love:

(I really must read the mails more often. . . . . . )

Quote:
(yes, those are rutabagas in there too!)
Rutabagas. . . . . . . . .

OH!
You mean swede.

R.
Old 13-04-06, 01:05
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yappy Birthday

Quote:
You mean the Jeep is sitting on top of an Anzac Biscuit?!?! H.
Nope ... strike one. ( NOT an Anzac biscuit, but nice try Hanno ... and the cake tastes GREAT ... i DO so wish I could send you some, I really, really DO!!! )

O.M.Y.
Old 13-04-06, 01:12
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Notton
Happy Birthday Karmy. :love:

(I really must read the mails more often. . . . . . )
Yes you must do, you've been a remiss Rotton-Notton (just kidding :love: You're forgiven and thank you kind sir )

Quote:
Rutabagas. . . . . . . . .

OH!
You mean swede.

R. [/B]
Yessssssss, apparently called a swede as well ...

A cousin to the turnip, rutabagas are a cross between a cabbage and a turnip. Virtually unknown in the United States until the 19th century, this root gets its name from the Swedish word ‘rotabagge’ meaning round root. People have avoided this root because it is a cruciferous vegetable that becomes more flavored and odorous when cooked.

Barmy Karmy
Attached Images

Old 13-04-06, 02:04
Pops

Default from Yass

Happy Birthday Karman, nice to see an Aussie touch to your birthday. Kathy and I have just returned home from Tasmania and the cadbury chocolate factory..... yum yum.
Max
Old 13-04-06, 03:15
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Cake detail

Quote:
Nope ... strike one. ( NOT an Anzac biscuit, but nice try Hanno ... and the cake tastes GREAT ... i DO so wish I could send you some, I really, really DO!!! )

O.M.Y.
I meant to comment on the display too... looks suspiciously like a timtam, but it couldn't be because you have to eat them on sight!

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 16-04-06, 20:56
Vets Dottir

Default Re: from Yass

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
Happy Birthday Karman, nice to see an Aussie touch to your birthday. Kathy and I have just returned home from Tasmania and the cadbury chocolate factory..... yum yum.
Max
Ah ... glad you had your chocolate hits

Here is some more for YOU, KATHY and EM to share from Little Miss Ma Yappy ... have a Hoppy Easter! ...
Attached Thumbnails
happyeaster.jpg  
Old 16-04-06, 21:02
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Cake detail

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
I meant to comment on the display too... looks suspiciously like a timtam, but it couldn't be because you have to eat them on sight!
Congats ... and YES, it IS a Tim Tam

I deactivated it's eat-ability by putting something toxic in it so's I could have a souvenir to drool over when out of them and not be able to eat it ... it also served as a parking spot for the Jeep so the Jeep wouldn't sink into the cake icing, but I still had to wash the bottom of the Jeep with my tongue afterwards
Old 17-04-06, 22:29
RIP

Default Did you say Jeep ??

Firstly,belated Happy Birthday,Karmen , mi amore,from me and the Shad,who may be going to the great kennel in the sky dog heaven very soon.DEb wants to put him down,but I'm resisting till he's totally blind.He sees out of his left eye and is still spirited.Will let you know what happens.I guess I'll have to train a young Shadster to fetch beer for dad,Oh well,we all have to visit the big MLU forum in the sky.Guess I'll have to :dh: the two cats.
Signed
Down & depressed
Old 18-04-06, 03:21
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Did you say Jeep ??

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Firstly,belated Happy Birthday,Karmen , mi amore,from me and the Shad,who may be going to the great kennel in the sky dog heaven very soon.DEb wants to put him down,but I'm resisting till he's totally blind.He sees out of his left eye and is still spirited.Will let you know what happens.I guess I'll have to train a young Shadster to fetch beer for dad,Oh well,we all have to visit the big MLU forum in the sky.Guess I'll have to :dh: the two cats.
Signed
Down & depressed
Hi Garry,

For starters, thank you and my Beloved Shadster for the Happy Birthday wishes, belated or otherwise.

Now ... I'm stunned to hear the news about Shadster ... if he's still spirited and can manage simple things, is in no pain and suffering, but simply has vision problems as his biggest problem, it seems too soon to consider euthanasia (in my thinking)??? I don't know Shadster in dog-to-person and don't know what sort of decision I'd make unless I saw him day to day, but I do know that it's a real tough and heartbreaker decision about "when is the right time for euthanasia as a kindness to the creature (or person) " ... I don't envy your position and this "decision". I wish you clarity and courage if euthansia is the right thing, and courage to resist if it feels not, at this time.

What else can I say? For myself, I'd do what I figured was right by the pet/loved one, no matter how for or against the idea personally I felt. Ya does what's gots to be done and that's about that.

I feel for you right now ... keep me posted as to how this all pans out garry.

Karmen
Old 18-04-06, 22:23
RIP

Default Thanks for your thoughts Karmen

Appreciate your input on the Shad.Oh,I forgot,on the subject of jeeps,I just finished modelling a second world war jeep,complete with tarpaulin ,to add to my collection of CMP C-15,Chevy FAT with limber and 25 pounder,Universal carrier Mk 2 ,sherman tank "Bomb",hell,beginning to look like a convoy here
By the way,was watching Cliff Chatterton's series and they showed the plaque to our murdered soldiers in Normandy.And there,scrolling down the plaque was:
42084 E.Smith
Have a great spring
Garry
Old 19-04-06, 00:26
Pops

Default getting old

Is this a sign of old age, Max and I went to see my mother in an old peoples home an hour away, well some of residents asked if I brought Max along to stay as a resident and then when we went to visit the local musem they asked if Max had his pension card with him, what do you think?

Kathy
Old 19-04-06, 00:36

Default Re: getting old

Quote:
Is this a sign of old age, Max and I went to see my mother in an old peoples home an hour away, well some of residents asked if I brought Max along to stay as a resident and then when we went to visit the local musem they asked if Max had his pension card with him, what do you think?

Kathy
Hi Kathy,

That reminds me, last year I went to a steam and vintage rally, when I went to buy the admission ticket, they asked me if I was a pensioner !! Rather disgusted, I pronounced "Not yet!", should kept my mouth shut and save a few bob.

and I am only a few years in front of Max

Richard
Old 19-04-06, 01:00
RIP

Default Buying a Beer !!

I was in both New Jersey and Boston USA to see our type of football,you know,big shoulder pads,helmets yada yada.Anyway,at each stadium I was asked for my ID by the wet behind the ears kid who didn't know what a razor is,both times.Thanked the lads profusely!!Left them stunned,as I staggere away with six pints.OH! the joy of those two events !!
Old 20-04-06, 09:27
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Thanks for your thoughts Karmen

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Appreciate your input on the Shad.
I just know it's gotta be a tough situation all round.

Quote:
By the way,was watching Cliff Chatterton's series and they showed the plaque to our murdered soldiers in Normandy.And there,scrolling down the plaque was:
42084 E.Smith
Have a great spring
Garry
Thanks Garry ... I have the Take No Prisoners video in my shelf right beside my desk here, and Uncle Ed's records, medals and such in the desk drawer right beside me. One day soon I'll be pulling out the papers to review them and review the threads in here about the whole subject ... also one day in not too distant future I hope to finally be able to get those medals and such framed properly (I'll take pics and post them in MLU when done!) It will be wonderful to finally have these projects completed. I began this 3 years ago and feel i should have a ccomplished a whole lot more by now ... but I guess I've been in almost constant upheavals and transitions for a couple of years, so perhaps can be forgiven for not having it together? A lot has happened, including some amazing experiences that could only have come through MLU ... and am sure more amazing experiences will come through MLU for me too

That's all for now ... am getting awfully yappy again, aren't I?

Karmen
Old 20-04-06, 09:34
Vets Dottir

Default Re: getting old

Quote:

Kathy
Ouch ... and how did poor ole' Max take this?
Old 20-04-06, 09:40
Vets Dottir

Geez ... I've noticed the last couple of years that a lot of people, like store clerks and such, have started calling me Ma'am ... WHEN did this happen that I became Ma'am all of a sudden? Funny, until a few years ago I always looked WAY younger than my years age and people were surprized to hear my age, "NO WAY" they'd say, and actually meant it. Now? I look way older than my real age. I blame it on Mark-O and his harrassing me with his cheek in MLU. Not enough that he's grey, he had to make me grey too!

Old Ma Yappy.