MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 06-04-20, 02:57

Default Canadian Military Vehicle Profile Series 201 of 1000

Is there any interest in my copy of William Greggs book "Canadian Military Vehicle Profile Series"? It's number 201 of 1000. The brown vinyl cover with the Sexton on the front.
I know this used to be the benchmark book for any CMP restorer, collector or modeler.
I am the original owner of this book. I purchased it from the bookstore at Fort York in Toronto when it first came out
I've collected WWII Dutch militaria for over 40 years. I started restoring cars when I was 17 years old, but I've been on a very long hiatus.
It has always been my dream to buy and restore a CMP (especially a Field Artillery Tractor) but any 4 wheel drive CMP would have done.
Unfortunately reality has set in. I've retired to the cottage. My home is half the size with no garage. I am selling my militaria collection online, so my reference library needs to go too.
I'd like to sell this limited edition copy to someone within the hobby.
Whoever I sell to MUST give me their word that they are not buying my copy to list it on mainstream media "eBay, Kijiji, Abebooks etc" themselves.
I am not asking the world and your first born, I've seen lesser copies going for $375 Cdn. I am asking $150 Cdn plus the cost of the mail to go towards my retirement fund and your word that you are not purchasing my copy for financial gain.
If I am "Out to Lunch" and time has passed me and my copy by, please let me know.
I want to give members of the Maple Leaf Up Forum first right of refusal.
Thanks
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Cdn Military Vehicle Profile.jpg   Cdn Military Vehicle Profile Inside Cover.jpg  
Old 06-04-20, 06:17
MLU Administrator

Hello Ron,

I’d like to buy it from you. Have been looking for this publication for years. It will sit in my collection of CMP books as a work of reference for me and other enthusiasts.

Will send you a PM.
Old 06-04-20, 07:53

Good Morning Hanno
I'm sorry, but because of the time difference, I've sold the book to another member of the forum here in Canada that knew William Gregg.
Regards
Ron
Old 06-04-20, 08:18
MLU Administrator

Hello Ron,

I am very sorry to hear that. Why didn’t he respond here? Anyway, good for you to have found a new home for your book!

Does anyone else have a copy for sale?
Old 06-04-20, 15:22

I have sent you an email, Hanno.

David