MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 12-07-06, 21:53

Exclamation WWII Bren mk.I D & WWII MG42 (Exc-Exc+) *pics*

Update: the Bren has been sold pending funds. As I've done with the '42 (which is now sold) I'm leaving the post here as SPF until payment is received.

Note: the following are up for sale (or potentially trade) in Canada only: prices are listed in Canadian funds. Though I'm new to this forum I'm active on CanadianGunNutz (have been for years) and have a good reputation there. I am employed in the militaria/firearms industry but these are my personal property, not my employer's. MrClark suggested I post these items here as well.

Professionally and discreetly deactivated and not considered firearms for the purposes of storage or display. bolts, cocking handles, triggers and the selector on the Bren (MG42s never had selectors) move freely but the internals have been permanently and irreversibly modified by a licensed gunsmith with extensive military firearms experience to forever prevent the chambering of and functioning with ammunition per Canadian law.

Attn. Collectors: These top-notch dewats (deactivated war trophies) originated from first class operational guns, not 'DP' (drill purpose) marked pieces and not made up from discarded or rewelded parts. Photos are of the actual dewats (post procedure) and clearly show the extremely high quality work performed on these pieces (photos may take awhile to load and will pop up in a new window). As CBSA (Canada Customs) have effectively barred import of deacts these are getting harder to find especially in excellent condition!

Click on any of the thumbnail images below for larger more detailed photos.

a) WWII British Enfield Bren mk.I D (Sold Pending Funds)

This is the nicest Bren I've seen! Photos don't do it justice: like the MG-42 above, there's still grease on the exterior only this shows more on the Bren's finish (which is a lot shinier under it).

Eye-catching lustrous original finish on the receiver. Buttstock, pistol grip, and carry handle are in great shape as well. You might find another one with a bit of searching but probably not a nicer one.

Perfect for any WWII collection, as a head-turning piece of re-enactment kit, or as the proverbial icing on your WWII Commonwealth vehicle. Easily rates an Exc. or better as it appears to be almost un-issued or very close to it - definitely a cut above the usual 'D.P.' marked pieces seen on the market.

(Sold Pending Funds) (EMT or Money Order), buyer pays shipping. 'Trades wish list' at the end of this post.

b) WWII German MG-42 (Sold)

These guns are extremely difficult to find on the Canadian market especially in decent condition. Putting this one up for sale constitutes a major sacrifice from my personal collection.

All original markings including 'ar' (Mauser-Werke, Berlin-Borsigwalde) factory code and waffenampts are intact and unaltered, and the feed cover is original (no post-war markings or other countries' national crests) and numbered to the gun. Condition is Exc. or better overall with the usual minor handling marks and evidence of cosmolene on the wood. Includes ammo basket, belt, and starter tab (suitable for filling with dummy cartridges).

This gun would make an awesome centrepiece in anyone's WWII collection or very impressive 'loadout' for reenacting either a WWII Stormtrooper or for the type that hails from a long, long time ago in a place far, far away

(Sold) Many thanks to the several people who offered extremely nice WWII German firearms and dewats as partial or full trade: I really enjoyed working with you. One member came up with the cash so the '42 is sold.

[Potential Trades]: the following is my wish list (but is by no means complete: if you have a different offer, try me). I'm open to single item trades, multiple item trades and/or trades and cash.

Handguns: WWI or WWII stuff, 1911/A1 and High-Power (civilian or military, stock or modded), Glock and other contemporary semi-autos, magnum or non-22LR target revolvers (ex. K38, 25-2, etc.), 'black' restricted firearms (BRS-99, etc.).

Rifles: collectible milsurp (no 'sporters' please), black rifles of various types (PE90, RobArm, AR-180B, etc.).

Other Stuff: Try me: worst I can say is "no thanks."

Last edited by Pete-II; 24-07-06 at 09:09.
Old 20-07-06, 22:03

BTT with a 'weekend special' : until Sunday July 23 midnight (Eastern) the 'all cash' price on the Bren mk.I is reduced by $75.00 to $1299!

email wolfnospam@storm.ca (remove 'nospam' before sending email) before the deadline with "I'll take the Bren!" in the subject line and please include your postal code for a shipping quote.

Cheers,

- Pete