MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 11-03-07, 16:41
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Very sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod Diery
to hear that you didn't make to this great land down under, Karmen. I hope you are well soon and that you get to visit Oz soon.
Jiffy has your manual in his kit and if he can get it to you from someone at Corowa,so much the better...I sent postage with him to mail from there if he couldn,t so at least it is that far..
We'll be hearing from him soon I'm sure..
And yes,too bad Ma couldn't make it this trip..

Old 11-03-07, 21:45
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Very sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod Diery
to hear that you didn't make to this great land down under, Karmen. I hope you are well soon and that you get to visit Oz soon.
Regards
Rod
Ah, thank you Rod. Sometimes I'm thinking a little Murphy's Law is at play lately. Am working on getting better but it's taking it's own sweet time. I'll be good eventually, and only hope its very soon as I'm pretty sick and tiored of feelin' sick and tired! Argh! This too shall pass .................................................

Karmen
Old 12-03-07, 14:49
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Hi From Lithgow!

Jif was indisposed for a few days in Sydney, but is now at Tony Smith's house in Lithgow, right as rain. Tomorrow we set off to meet Max Hedges in Yass, or at least halfway there where Max will take dubious responsibility for me until Corowa...

Will be in touch again through the Hedges COmmunicator Mk.I*...

Old 12-03-07, 23:11

Default Re: Hi From Lithgow!

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Jif was indisposed for a few days in Sydney,
and chomping at the bit to get out when I rang to chat yesterday. Wonder which policeman ...er I mean doctor he bribed to get out?

Glad to know you are on the loose again Jif

Cheers
Cliff

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 13-03-07, 02:43
Vets Dottir

I'm glad the itinerary is getting on track now ...

Old 13-03-07, 05:54
Vets Dottir

It's verra strange that I have had no problems accessing MLU lately and I have been getting notifications no problems agin since after Master Sunray left. Maybe MLU devilish glitches of recent times have left because he's not home to give a hard time to?

Meanwhile, on a more serious note, and regrettably ... my own health stuff has got in the way of this trip for me and I've had to finally cancel completely for this one. I will however be trying to sort out how to make everything right for everyone regards their input into this, as quickly as I possibly can, and do that.

Because this particular trip will not work out ... does not prevent a future one when things are stable and can be done again. The right timing and means etc. I haven't given up the dream and don't plan to leave you all "out" for this one that you all made happen for me, but didn't happen because of me (unexpected bummer all round). This too shall be set right.

Karmen
Old 13-03-07, 11:17
Vets Dottir

Okay. Tonight is a sort of sleepless night so here I am.

So, it's the early first hours of the 13th here and I'm assuming that a lot of people are already at Corowa, or on their way, and Geoff has been probably enjoying rides in CMP's and carriers and things at Max and Kathy's already ... I wonder if he has met Happy yet?

Ma Yappy
Old 13-03-07, 11:22
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
I wonder if he has met Happy yet?

Ma Yappy
As long as he doesn't run her down with the carrier!

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 13-03-07, 11:43
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
As long as he doesn't run her down with the carrier!
He wouldn't dare! I may be in Canada but my psychic powers would kick his butt all the way in Yass (I'd kick his Yass, yass I surely would ) and he'd feel it too!!!
Old 13-03-07, 12:24
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: Re: Hi From Lithgow!

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff
and chomping at the bit to get out .
Glad to know you are on the loose again Jif

Cheers
Cliff
The fresh farm air and a little manual labour is currently recharging his "Spirits"
Attached Thumbnails
img_4034.jpg  
Old 14-03-07, 00:11
Pops

Default Jiff

Geoff has slept the night and is finallly underway to Corowa they left at 8.30am, this part of the trip could be made some how into a joke as the aussie, the frenchman and 2 canucks are travelling together, and I wonder if Geoff is OK as he had vegemite and toast this morning for breakfast before leaving. Unfortunately he didn't have time to meet happy nor a ride in carrier, but he did go for a ride in the jeep. Maybe if he returns he will have more time.

Kathy
Old 14-03-07, 00:16
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Jiff

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
Geoff has slept the night and is finallly underway to Corowa they left at 8.30am, this part of the trip could be made some how into a joke as the aussie, the frenchman and 2 canucks are travelling together, and I wonder if Geoff is OK as he had vegemite and toast this morning for breakfast before leaving. Unfortunately he didn't have time to meet happy nor a ride in carrier, but he did go for a ride in the jeep. Maybe if he returns he will have more time.

Kathy
Ah, and I just sent a PM thinking you all hadn't headed out yet ... I thought you were going too Kathy?

Pssssssssssst ... Geoff LIKES Vegemite ... shhhhhhhhhh ... I didn't say that

Karmen
Old 14-03-07, 01:12
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Didja hear the one about...

The Aussie, the Frenchman and two Canucks?

No?

Well Max is on his way with just that combination to Corowa as I write... there's got to be some funny line in this!

Keith

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 14-03-07, 02:33

Default greetings from corowa

... well, this Cruiser full of international visitors hasn't arrived yet.

Just found internet access in the public library in corowa. Beautiful weather, warm and sunny, getting hot.

Until yesterday evening, around 50 vehicles have arrived, so Seep or Duck. The water level in the Murray river is very low.

Had loads of fun yesterday when Ashley took us out for a Jeep drive near the river bed. Filmed everything with John's new digital videocamera.

Salesman Bob arrived late last night. First cap buyers where Fiona and John. I got a Year of the Dodge cap :-)

Greetings
Chris

www.wheelsandtracks.com
>> Condor A580 M+85691 (1952), Swiss Army Motorbike (unrestored)
>> F15 1942 Aust (Cab 13) ::: restored by Keefy
Old 14-03-07, 23:19
Vets Dottir

Well ... Keefy is now currently enroute to Corowa armed with picture and video taking ability He'll be sharing a cabin with Jif

Chris, thanks for mentioning the internet access at Corowa library. It's good to know it's there as needed The weather alone sounds great ... ... Jif must be in his glory!

Karmen
Old 15-03-07, 00:01
carrier mech

Default Didja hear the one about...

Seems while they were travelling they got caught by savages. They were held for a few days in a tiny hut until the tribal elders decided what to do with them. On the third day, the tribal elder came in and told them: we have decided your fate....do you want the good news or the bad news first?

" Blimey" says the aussie, "give us the bad news".

You are all going to be killed and skinned, and your skin is to be used to make the tribe a new canoe" says the elder.

"Jimney Crickets" says the Aussie, "whats the upside?

"You will get to choose your method of dying" says the elder.

So the Aussie says: " make mine poison". The elder gives him a small vial from which he drinks, and the Aussie falls dead.

The frenchman says: " I prefer le guillotine". Sure enough, the elder has one nearby, and makes quick work of the frenchman.

The Canadians say " we want to die by the knife" So the elder gives them his razor sharp knife and the two Canadians proceed to stab themselves repeatedly, all over their bodies. There is blood everywhere, and the elder is somewhat shocked at the sight. "Why have you closen this method...surely it must be most painful? says the elder.

"Laughs on you" says one of the Canadians...."your canoe will never float now."
Old 15-03-07, 00:16
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Didja hear the one about...

Quote:
Originally posted by rob love
LMAOROF

Ma Yappy
Old 15-03-07, 00:32
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Didja hear the one about...

Quote:
Originally posted by rob love

Seems while they were travelling they got caught by savages. They were held for a few days in a tiny hut until the tribal elders decided what to do with them. On the third day, the tribal elder came in and told them: we have decided your fate....do you want the good news or the bad news first?

" Blimey" says the aussie, "give us the bad news".

You are all going to be killed and skinned, and your skin is to be used to make the tribe a new canoe" says the elder.

"Jimney Crickets" says the Aussie, "whats the upside?

"You will get to choose your method of dying" says the elder.

So the Aussie says: " make mine poison". The elder gives him a small vial from which he drinks, and the Aussie falls dead.

The frenchman says: " I prefer le guillotine". Sure enough, the elder has one nearby, and makes quick work of the frenchman.

The Canadians say " we want to die by the knife" So the elder gives them his razor sharp knife and the two Canadians proceed to stab themselves repeatedly, all over their bodies. There is blood everywhere, and the elder is somewhat shocked at the sight. "Why have you closen this method...surely it must be most painful? says the elder.

And it was just the Canadian's luck...getting stuck for the drinks....

Old 16-03-07, 22:16
Vets Dottir

Well folks, I just had a call from Corowa from Master's Keefy and Sunray, and heard a daily Corowa wake up bugler in the background while talking to Geoff ...................... ... I did NOT hear the morning Kukaburras as Keith said I would because Sunray was talking too much about the wonderful people he's meeting and the wonderful time he's been having ... and todays agenda is the big parade through Corowa!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff says he's feeling great and having a blast, can't believe how great these people are, how great this visit is, and for himself, and is not having to use his cane at all for walking in the Aussome Aussie weather!

People, many many many people are asking after me .... and it does bite to not be there part of everything and I'm upset to not be there meeting and hanging out with everyone, but I am loving hearing about the adventures and happenings as I do. I'll get there another time ... for now ... I want to hear all about this trip and look forward to many posts of descriptions and photos once the Corowa events and days are done and people are back at their computers to lay it all on us.

I now have the correct way to dial to get through (Thank you Keith for explaining how for me!!!) I had bombed at getting through so was extremely glad to pick up my phone and hear Keefy's voice, then Geoff's, on the other end, and truth be known, even though on the phone, me here in BC and them there, I really did feel like I was THERE for a while, listening to the sounds all th way from Corowa ... in me wee bittie ears!!! And I loved it!

Well ... I'm going to toss some frying pans around my apartment for a while now

PS: BTW if anyone is on daily meds, (especially many major ones) upchucking lots plays hell with dosages and side effects ... grrrrrrrrrrrrr ... so don't get sick!!!

Ma Yappy
Old 16-03-07, 22:53
Vets Dottir

BTW ... Corowa is on Melbourne time zone
Old 17-03-07, 00:22

G'day All, Melbourne time is the same as AESDST for about another week then we lose an hour not like those in Qld who are 1 hour behind us , I just spoke to my mate Warwick L who told me about the parade and I could hear vehicles moving about in the background, lots of motorbikes, staff cars (even a German Benz) Blitzs Land Rovers Jeeps etc etc, anyway it will be good to see Zemsi's pix and anyone else who posts them for us mere mortals who couldn't get there for one reason or the other cheers Dennis
Old 17-03-07, 00:39
Vets Dottir

There will also be Keith's VIDEOS!!!!

BTW and FYI ... I forgot to mention that while talking to Keith (its was very early morning there and everyone just getting up I guess) GEOFF WAS EATING VEGEMITE ON TOAST FOR BREKKIES!!!!!!!!
Old 17-03-07, 00:44

G'day All, Yuk Vegemite on toast not my idea on breakfast, 3 weet-bix and cold milk summer and winter and a cup of tea that'll do me LOL cheers Dennis
Old 17-03-07, 01:12
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Dinty
G'day All, Yuk Vegemite on toast not my idea on breakfast, 3 weet-bix and cold milk summer and winter and a cup of tea that'll do me LOL cheers Dennis
Hmmmm ... weet-bix ... am I correct to think this is like what we call "shredded wheat"? Kangaroo or sheep food?

I wonder what other Aussie Cuisine Master Sunray has eaten so far .................................................. .....
Old 17-03-07, 06:36
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Hmmmm ... weet-bix ... am I correct to think this is like what we call "shredded wheat"? Kangaroo or sheep food?
Well ... it sure LOOKS LIKE I was correct in my guess about Weet Bix being like what we call Shredded Wheat ... I googled and the products look the same. I had that when I was a kid, and didn't like it particularly much. Too stringy and hard weird : We used COLD milk and I used tons of sugar. I see it advertised for with HOT milk ... ewwwwww but perhaps with hot milk, lots of brownsugar and cinnamon?

Ma Yappy
Old 17-03-07, 06:39
Vets Dottir

Shredded Wheat aka Buffalo Snack aka Kangaroo Snack aka Sheep Snack aka People Brekkie aka Briton Snack??? (sorry ... I DID look for a Canadian brand )
Attached Images

Old 17-03-07, 07:37

G'day Ma, In Britian I think it's called weeta-bix, but I will still have mine with cold milk and no sugar thanks , looks like a storm brewing outside pushing ahead of a cool change wonder if it's been through Corowa as well, better go and tarp up my 109" Lightweight workshop Land Rover, I've had it out for a run this afternoon cheers Dennis
Old 17-03-07, 07:48
Richard Notton

Quote:
Shredded Wheat aka Buffalo Snack aka Kangaroo Snack aka Sheep Snack aka People Brekkie aka Briton Snack??? (sorry ... I DID look for a Canadian brand )
Weetabix and Shredded Wheat are totally different things!

Weetabix (Weetabix Food Co.):
http://www.weetabix.co.uk/range/31/weetabix.html

Shredded Wheat (Nestlé):
http://www.cerealpartners.co.uk/bran...eat-whole.aspx
http://www.cerealpartnersfoodservice...rod.asp?prod=9

R.
Old 17-03-07, 08:10
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Notton
Weetabix and Shredded Wheat are totally different things!

Weetabix (Weetabix Food Co.):
http://www.weetabix.co.uk/range/31/weetabix.html

Shredded Wheat (Nestlé):
http://www.cerealpartners.co.uk/bran...eat-whole.aspx
http://www.cerealpartnersfoodservice...rod.asp?prod=9

R.
Master R., Please do, thank you verra much for "correct me if I'm wrong" I followed the links you provided and see that the ingredients are quite different, and even the shape a bit different, and that the last link for the Nestle's product looks to be what I've had, although I don't recognize the packaging at all (modern packaging or I just forget)

And Master Dinty Dennis ... the rover run? ... was it good for you?

Ms Ma Yappy
Old 17-03-07, 08:14
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Dinty
G'day Ma, In Britian I think it's called weeta-bix, but I will still have mine with cold milk and no sugar thanks ,

... looks like a storm brewing outside pushing ahead of a cool change wonder if it's been through Corowa as well,
The ingredients for the Weeta-Bix lists sugar

Gee, I hope it didn't rain on their parade today .... (pun intended ... but not that I'm hoping they had anything but a perfect weaher day parade today!)