MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 01-03-07, 17:20
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default The Adventures of JIFFY and MA....

As we all know ,Jif and Ma are getting ready to take off to OZ..I have started this thread for them to post in a dedicated spot when they could,and others that can post eyewitness accounts ONLY...
They may want to post,a little bit of their trials and tribulations ,pre flight perils,etc.and don't know if Jif has a laptop wireless internet connection with him to stay in touch or not..
Please read the thread but keep it free of responses so it can be their story and not get side tracked,off topic,which I am the worst offender of doing//
Have a great trip and tell us a story..
Old 02-03-07, 20:27
Vets Dottir

Only 5 sleeps to go until liftoff. Amazing!

Ma (Geoff does NOT have a laptop computer, nor do I, so we'll have to access as and where we can )
Old 02-03-07, 21:33
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Only 5 sleeps to go until liftoff. Amazing!

Ma (Geoff does NOT have a laptop computer, nor do I, so we'll have to access as and where we can )
Ma has a digital camera, though, so Ma, make sure you pack the software for it in your bag! That way we can upload anywhere we have access and go from there.
Old 02-03-07, 22:24
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Ma has a digital camera, though, so Ma, make sure you pack the software for it in your bag! That way we can upload anywhere we have access and go from there.
It only holds up to 16 photos then I have to upload them to computer AFTER I install my Kodak software on any computer : I don't have the attachments to hold more (couldn't afford them)

Ma
Old 03-03-07, 15:12
Derek Heuring

Default Re: The Adventures of JIFFY and MA....

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
As we all know ,Jif and Ma are getting ready to take off to OZ..I have started this thread for them to post in a dedicated spot when they could,and others that can post eyewitness accounts ONLY...
They may want to post,a little bit of their trials and tribulations ,pre flight perils,etc.and don't know if Jif has a laptop wireless internet connection with him to stay in touch or not..
Please read the thread but keep it free of responses so it can be their story and not get side tracked,off topic,which I am the worst offender of doing//
Have a great trip and tell us a story..
Dude, shouldn't we name it: "Jefe and Carmen's excxellent adventure"?
Old 04-03-07, 00:53

Alex, I zapped the other thread... we both know that nobody's going to NOT comment on this...
Old 04-03-07, 01:55

Default Our Masters Voice...

Quote:
Alex, I zapped the other thread... we both know that nobody's going to NOT comment on this...
Tha's why yo' da boss...
It's getting close to the big flap...
God speed

Old 04-03-07, 09:36
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: The Adventures of JIFFY and MA....

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Dude, shouldn't we name it: "Jefe and Carmen's excxellent adventure"?
Yeh, but all that time in a supercharged blowlamp powered alloy tube and no ciggies. . . .

Worse than a totally melvin.

Bogus.

R.
Old 04-03-07, 17:52
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Re: The Adventures of JIFFY and MA....

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Notton
Yeh, but all that time in a supercharged blowlamp powered alloy tube and no ciggies. . . .

Worse than a totally melvin.

Bogus.

R.
My chalfonts would be driving me totally bonkers after the first couple of hours, let alone 18! Carmen, you might want to pack some Nicorette chewing gum so you can control your craving and both of you get up and move around so Deep Vein Thrombosis doesn't become an issue.

P.S. I don't want to hear about new members to the Mile High Club...or do I?

You're Canadians so represent! God speed!
Old 07-03-07, 18:45

SUNRAY OUT shortly, looks like MA make not make this but we'll see. Regardless, we'll all connect once I'm in Oz.
Old 08-03-07, 13:50

Default UP date......

Quote:
SUNRAY OUT shortly, looks like MA make not make this but we'll see. Regardless, we'll all connect once I'm in Oz.
To all our upside down friends ...
Any word yet from our Rust Ambassador..??
Any one seen a half pi*ssed Canuck with a Ozzie slouch hat sitting on a curb,smoking his brains out with a small yappy broad,hanging with him ,with so much smoke around her head,that it looks like it's on fire..??
Maybe some one can give us an update..
It's Thursday morning..7:50 EST so he must have landed in Upside down land by now..
Reports please..

Old 08-03-07, 20:36

Default Re: UP date......

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Any one seen a half pi*ssed Canuck with a Ozzie slouch hat sitting on a curb,smoking his brains out with a small yappy broad,hanging with him ,with so much smoke around her head,that it looks like it's on fire..??
It's Thursday morning..7:50 EST so he must have landed in Upside down land by now..
Reports please..

OK I do not have a report to make on Jif but Ma Yappy did not make the flight due to illness. She would probably not have been allowed to board it was that bad. Once she recovers she will see if the travel insurance will cover the rebooking of the flights for a weeks time. I understand that she is on the road to recovery as I write this.

The old addage applies here..."better late then never"...Hope you are listening to me Ma?

Cheers
Cliff

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 08-03-07, 21:29
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: UP date......

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff
OK I do not have a report to make on Jif but Ma Yappy did not make the flight due to illness. She would probably not have been allowed to board it was that bad. Once she recovers she will see if the travel insurance will cover the rebooking of the flights for a weeks time. I understand that she is on the road to recovery as I write this.

The old addage applies here..."better late then never"...Hope you are listening to me Ma?

Cheers
Cliff
I'm sure Karmen won't mind if I expand on this a bit, and you'll all understand I'm sure.

I exchange frequent emails, about every other day or so; Karmen has been laid really low with a very severe virus which has also seriously exacerbated her RA. She has had to stay with a kindly neighbour for care being unable to move save for a few painful minutes a day and is bitterly disappointed of course.

I have been more than a little concerned from her descriptions but understand the sudden break in mails to me having been pre-warned.

Cliff is quite right, no airline desk staff would have permitted flight in this parlous condition. (In the UK a doctors' chit will have the airlines re-book without penalties apparently)

I wish her a very speedy recovery and hope we can somehow recover something from this rather unfair spanner that life has thrown in the works.

Get well real soon Karmy,

R.
Old 08-03-07, 21:47
Pops

Default Re: UP date......

woo Alex the time isn't 7.50am as yet and Jiff isn't due to land until 8.05am, I'm guessing that we won't hear from him for at least another hour or more before he comes through customs so not long to wait now.

Kathy[

QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex Blair
Reports please..

[/QUOTE]
Old 08-03-07, 22:14

Default Re: Re: UP date......

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
woo Alex the time isn't 7.50am as yet and Jiff isn't due to land until 8.05am, I'm guessing that we won't hear from him for at least another hour or more before he comes through customs so not long to wait now.

Kathy[

QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex Blair
Reports please..

[/QUOTE]
Kathy

Ma yappy has no good luck at all and she is such a sweet little soul..
Jif will be sad because they are such good friends..
Thanks for the update and GET WELL SOON MA...
Old 08-03-07, 22:15
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Re: Re: UP date......

Quote:
Get well real soon Karmy
I'll second that!!

H.
Old 08-03-07, 22:30
Pops

Default canucks

Tony is at the airport trying and waiting to find the Rusty Ambasador, he should have landed by now should hear something soon

Max
Old 08-03-07, 22:36
Pops

Default canucks

new update the plane is unloading
Old 08-03-07, 22:43

Default Re: canucks

Quote:
new update the plane is unloading
Look for a hugh cloud of smoke that is trying to mooch a beer..
with an Ozzie sloch hat..
That will be the Ambassador of Rust..
Old 08-03-07, 23:07
Pops

Default Jiffy

Jiffy has landed and is now sitting in the car park in a cloud of somke. When i spoke to him, he sounded a bit shaken, i supose that is from standing upside down.

Max
Old 08-03-07, 23:09
Vets Dottir

Hey folks.

Well. Poop happen's when ya don't want it to, doesn't it?

I have had a bug, symptoms like a flu/virus thats been going around, and flaring of the RA as Richard said, the flaring kinda ebbs and flows from can't have weight on my feet at all to not bad. A neighbor helped me but I'm home today and she's close by if I need anything and I just want to be in my home alone and quiet, resting and sleeping lots, and not worrying about everything, which helps. The flaring has been very bad (feet mostly) some days but degrees comes and goes with the feet. Today I'm pretty good and I hope it stays good! While I've had some bug I'm also now thinking that some of the flu-like symptoms are a result of I may need my meds dosages adjusted (especially the corticosteroids) so will have to see doc about this possibility. Meanwhile, if things get nasty the hospital is just a few blocks away and theres always emerg if necessary. I'm okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how quickly I'll be in good shape again but know I'm doing what I need to be doing to get better and I need not to be stressed about you people all worrying (I love you all for caring enough to worry but please don't worry!!! This will pass I'll be fine)

As to Oz ... well, I don't know yet.

Looking at the clock, Geoff must be on Oz soil sporting his slouch hat and being greeted by Tim Tam Tony ... or else standing outside the airport surrounded by clouds of smoke trying to see Tony through the smoke clouds (I have the nicotine gum HERE that was for us on the flight so poor Sunray had no help for cravings/withdrawals ) (I'm sorry about the withdrawals Geoff!!!)

All I can say is things will work out as they do and will all be sorted out as soon as I'm able to do that.

Geoff ... enjoy yourself and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post pictures.

Hugs to all,

Karmen
Old 09-03-07, 00:00
Richard Notton

Default Re: Jiffy

Quote:
Jiffy has landed and is now sitting in the car park in a cloud of somke. When i spoke to him, he sounded a bit shaken, i supose that is from standing upside down.

Max
They didn't dissolve the bugger when they fumigated the plane then?

R.
Old 09-03-07, 01:49
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Jiffy

Quote:
They didn't dissolve the bugger when they fumigated the plane then?

R.
Cheeky bugger
Old 09-03-07, 05:39
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Default Oh NO!

Oh MA! You must be shattered!
I know I am disappointed, but my goodness how must you feel? I am really sorry that you weren’t able to make it… There WILL be a next time, and you will always be welcome at our place, weather on an ‘official’ visit or not…
Take care of yourself, and we’ll see you when you get here/we get there.
Cheers
HH & Jo
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 09-03-07, 06:31
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Oh NO!

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Oh MA! You must be shattered!
I know I am disappointed, but my goodness how must you feel? I am really sorry that you weren’t able to make it… There WILL be a next time, and you will always be welcome at our place, weather on an ‘official’ visit or not…
Take care of yourself, and we’ll see you when you get here/we get there.
Cheers
HH & Jo
HH and Jo ... I just replied to this by PM

I just got up a while ago and gotta go answer some more emails ... I did just remove three spam registerers : Might as well do a little housecleaning and make myself useful while I'm here, eh?

The upset about what I'm missing isn't hitting me as yet. I'm more effected by the changed plans on everyone so far and not knowing how this will turn out, while waiting for this thing to keep turning better. But ... as you say ... there WILL be a time I will descend upon you all, if not this time, then soon. Count on it.

More soon.

Ma Yappy.

PS: Am just sitting here waiting for Master Max to call me before I lay down again ....

PPS: How is Geoff???????????
Old 09-03-07, 19:47
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default Hiya guys

Haven't been around for ages 'cos my computer bust and I lost all my login info.

Sorry to hear you've been ill again Karmen, and please accept best wishes from Chrissie and I.

Geoff - have fun in the land down under and watch out for that yellow stuff they call beer - it ain't the real thing like the stuff you got fed in Blighty!

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 09-03-07, 23:54
Dog Robber

I almost hesitate to ask, but is there any new "news" about Master Sunray now that he is in OZ?
Bill
Old 10-03-07, 00:08
Vets Dottir

Geoff is in Sydney at the moment and hasn't been around a computer to say boo and how do to everyone yet. As soon as he can I'm sure he'll be posting news for us, which might be tomorrow, or who knows, maybe even this evening.

Wait for it

Karmen
Old 10-03-07, 00:12
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Hiya guys

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
Haven't been around for ages 'cos my computer bust and I lost all my login info.

Sorry to hear you've been ill again Karmen, and please accept best wishes from Chrissie and I.

Geoff - have fun in the land down under and watch out for that yellow stuff they call beer - it ain't the real thing like the stuff you got fed in Blighty!

Hey Dave and Chrissie ... wow, long time no see and great to hear from you. And thanks. I'm home on my own again now and hopefully will speed up with recovery a bit.

I'm glad you finally found you login info ... sorry to hear about the computer death though

More soon ...
Old 11-03-07, 14:39
The Original CMP Site!

Default Very sorry

to hear that you didn't make to this great land down under, Karmen. I hope you are well soon and that you get to visit Oz soon.
Regards
Rod
C60S x 2
Rover Light Armoured Car