MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 17-03-07, 08:20

G'day Ma, Yes the run in the Land Rover was good, it was of approx 12 miles in duration, just a little shake down cruise before it goes to a garage on Tuesday for a tune up, this vehicle has had a ground up restoration and I need to have it running perfectly for Anzac Day 25th April as I use them for veterans who want to participate in the parade and cannot march due to disability/old age anyway it's pouring rain at the moment, just as well I covered the vehicle anyway I'd better be off into the shower as I'm on Night shift tonight cheers Dennis
Old 17-03-07, 08:21
Vets Dottir

Geez ... weird ... sometimes lately I come back to MLU to find myself logged out when I haven't logged out. I just experienced that again ... and have done a couple or so times today. Curious indeed! Oh well ... MLU works in mysterious ways

I'm glad my sense of humour is returning so I must be getting much better!

K.
Old 17-03-07, 08:34
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Dinty
G'day Ma, Yes the run in the Land Rover was good, it was of approx 12 miles in duration, just a little shake down cruise before it goes to a garage on Tuesday for a tune up, this vehicle has had a ground up restoration and I need to have it running perfectly for Anzac Day 25th April as I use them for veterans who want to participate in the parade and cannot march due to disability/old age anyway it's pouring rain at the moment, just as well I covered the vehicle anyway I'd better be off into the shower as I'm on Night shift tonight cheers Dennis
Sounds like it was totally enjoyable then ... and it's nice to hear that your Rover will be carrying National Treasures on Anzac Day

I won't say I'm sorry to hear it's raining there with all the droughtyness I keep hearing about ... but I do hope the Corowa parade was a dry run (pun intended)

Don't work too hard

Kartmann
Old 17-03-07, 08:45
Vets Dottir

Corowa weather link

http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/Mag...t&SiteId=74034
Old 17-03-07, 23:01
Vets Dottir

Well, it's already the 18th in Australia and that means that today is the LAST day of Corowa events ... I should have thought to post the Corowa itinerary of events for you all to know what everyone is doing each day, and I apologize that I didn't think of it in time for everyone to follow from afar ... I'm sure we'll start getting reports by tomorrow morning our time from people who were there though, and they should be good

Proposed Program of Events:
► Monday 12th - Welcoming and Registering Participants.
► Tuesday 13th - Welcoming and Registering Participants.
► Wednesday 14th - 9.30am: Walking tour of Corowa. 1.30pm visit Max’s Motor Museum
► Thursday 15th - Welcoming and Registering Participants.
► Friday 16th - 8.30am: Trip to Tocumwal to visit the Historic Aerodrome Museum and Chrysties Museum
- DVD and Slide night
► Saturday 17th - Vehicle Street Procession. (commencing 9.00 a.m. sharp)
- Trading Day and Sausage Sizzle in Bangerang Park. (commencing 10.45 a.m.)
- Afternoon Vehicle Activities.
- Auction and Presentation at the Ball Park Caravan Park (commencing 8.00 p.m.)
► Sunday 18th - Vehicle Activities and Farewell to new and old friends.
- Evening 3 course buffet meal at the Corowa RSL Club

Kartmann
Old 18-03-07, 13:03
Vets Dottir

Well ... this Corowa calls for a place of its own I see ...

http://tortuga.dnsrouter.com/~mlu/fo...=&postid=70876

Enjoy

Karmen