MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 25-08-10, 18:22

Default New Member

Hello All, I just found this forum through a friend on facebook and thought I'd register. I'm not really all that much for writing about myself but I do a bit of scale modeling and WWII reenacting (to which I'm a newcomer).

Look forward to posting/reading more in the future.
Old 25-08-10, 21:56
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Hi Johnny..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Hello All, I just found this forum through a friend on facebook and thought I'd register. I'm not really all that much for writing about myself but I do a bit of scale modeling and WWII reenacting (to which I'm a newcomer).

Look forward to posting/reading more in the future.
Hi Johnny..
Welcome aboard..you have two things going for you so far..
#1.. You are here...
#2..You are in Halifax..Nova Scotia ,I presume..
WE are a lot of friends here on MLU forum..we get together for various events..those of us that can..
WE use our real names here...
Put a little more info in your Profile and It will show in your postings..and that way we become better acquainted..Not much on modeling..but there are lots of them here..and reenacting 'ers also..
Most of us are 1:1 GUYS BUT LOTS OF 1:1 GUYS STARTED OUT AS MODELERS....one I know personally is a master modeler..the best..and not a bad 1:1 restorer to boot..
Don Dingwall of Ottawa..
Post some more info and welcome aboard..
Alex Blair
(Formally of Tobin St.,HFX.,N.S.)
Old 26-08-10, 14:01

Hello,

I'm not used to being so 'announced' as to put my real name, Johnny isn't far off my real name is Jonathan. I can't seem to be able to change my screen-name in my usercp so if a mod or admin wants to help me change it to something a little more personal I'd be happy to comply.

I've lived in Halifax for 25 of my near 28 years. I currently work as a part-time book seller and museum worker. I do 18th Century & Second World War Reenactment as a hobby as well as some extremely amateur scale modeling. I read more books than I should and buy more books than I can read. I'm just about to start my first semestre of academia at Memorial University in NFLD (though this year will be via correspondence).

My historical interests are pretty varied going from the Roman Legions to the French-Indian war to the events of the mid 20th Century.