MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 13-07-04, 08:54
RIP

Default VK-KNIL

The 2nd Class was trained in NL. On 11 October 1945 this Class of 180 girls was transferred to Melvern Wells Camp in GB. About two weeks later they left onboard "Nieuw Amsterdam" for NEI.

After spending a time in Penang this class reached Tandjoeng Priok on 2 February 1946 onboard "Blomfontein".

Picture: Melvern Wells Camp, GB.
Attached Images

Old 13-07-04, 10:26

I haven't had time to read all this thread but I'd just like to honour my Grandmother and Aunt.

My Grandmother volunteered for the ATS during WWII and she used to drive ambulances in London. My Aunt was in the WRNS and my Uncle was in the Army. Neither my Grandmother or my Aunt ever spoke about what they did but I'm very proud of them both. Unfortunately my Uncle died from TB during the war, just a few months after I was born, at the age of 21. He left behind a wife and baby son who later emigrated to New Zealand. Unfortunately the family lost contact with them after they emigrated.

Not going to be around for a while now, so this may be my last post for a while. Hope I can get to read all this thread when I'm back online.
Old 13-07-04, 14:17
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: YIKES!

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
Whoa horsey Marky ... my brain shall implode AND explode all at the same time, all over my khaki bunker walls ..... yikes... yah tryin' ta kill bittie me?
I thought you said you wanted a little 'LIGHT READING' .....oh well, I guess we'll have to send an 'indent' to the 'Q' for a bigger brain . Please fill out the '2302' when it arrives and return, remember to use a ball point pen........
Old 13-07-04, 15:18
Senior Forum Member

Post Canadian Women's Army Corps - Authorization

I should have posted this earlier . The following is the General Order which authorized the formation of the Canadian Women's Army Corps:

Part "A", General Orders 1942

General Order Number 149/1942, Dated: 30th April, 1942.

G.O. 149/42 - CANADIAN WOMEN'S ARMY CORPS

His Excellency the Governor-General in Council by an Order-in-Council (P.C. 1965) of the 13th day of March, 1942, and under the authority of the War Measures Act, Chapter 206, Revised Statutes of Canada, 1927, and notwithstanding the provisions of any other Act, Law or Regulation, has been pleased to order as follows: -

1. The Canadian Women's Army Corps, the formation of which was authorized by the Regulations made and established by Order in Council dated 13th August, 1941, P.C. 6289, and the members thereof shall be comprised in and form part of the Militia of Canada, and paragraph 3 of the said Regulations is repealed.

2. The said Corps shall be deemed to be a Corps of the Active Militia as if it had been named as such under Section 20 of the Militia Act and the said Corps and the members thereof shall be on active service as if the same had been placed thereon under Section 64 of the said Militia Act.

3. During the continuance in force of the Order such of the members thereof as are selected to serve as officers may be granted, and may hold, commissions and those members who are so granted commissions shall, subject to the provisions of this Order and of any regulations made thereunder, be deemed to be officers.

4. The Minister of National Defence may make such orders and regulations for the organization, administration, government, discipline, pay, clothing and other related matters in respect of the Canadian Women's Army Corps as from time to time he deems necessary and expedient, provided that any expenditure thereby occasioned shall be subject to the approval of the Governor In Council; the Regulations made and established by the Order in Council dated 13th August, 1941, P.C. 6289, and the amendments thereto approved by Order in Council dated 1th November, 1941, P.C. 52/8817, shall be deemed to the regulations made by the Minister of National Defence in pursuance of this Order.

5. The Army Act, for the time being in force in the United Kingdom, to the extent to which by Section 69 of the Militia Act the said Act is made applicable to the Militia, and the said Militia Act, shall apply to the Canadian Women's Army Corps and all members thereof to the extent that the same are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Order and any other order made by the Minister of National Defence thereunder, and subject to such limitations and modifications as the Minister of National Defence may from time to time prescribe.

6. This order may be cited as the Canadian Women's Army Corps Order (No. 1) 1942, and shall be deemed to have come into force and operation on the first day of March, 1942.

H.Q. 54-27-111-2 F.D. 18
P.C. 1965 of 13-3-42

Cheers
Old 13-07-04, 16:17
Senior Forum Member

Post Canadian Women's Army Corps - Organization 1941-42

Canadian Women's Army Corps - Organization
29 September 1941 to 30 September 1942

(Note: The units set out below were disbanded under Authority of General Order No. 357/1942 - Effective: 30 September 1942)

Units Authorized:

Military District No. 1:

"A" Company

No. 1 Platoon - London
No. 2 Detachment - Chatham
No. 3 Platoon - Kitchener
No. 4 Detachment - Windsor
No. 5 Detachment - Woodstock

Military District No. 2:

"B" Company

Headquarters - Toronto
No. 1 Platoon - Toronto
No. 2 Platoon - Toronto
No. 3 Platoon - Toronto
No. 4 Platoon - Toronto
No. 5 Detachment - Newmarket

"C" Company

No. 1 Platoon - Hamilton
No. 2 Platoon - Niagara

"D" Company

No. 1 Detachment - North Bay

Military District No. 3:

"E" Company

No. 1 Platoon - Kingston
No. 2 Platoon - Barriefield
No. 3 Detachment - Peterborough
No. 4 Platoon - Brockville

"F" Company

Headquarters - Ottawa
No. 1 Platoon - Ottawa
No. 2 Platoon - Ottawa
No. 3 Platoon - Ottawa
No. 4 Platoon - Ottawa

Military District No. 4:

"G" Company

Headquarters- Montreal
No. 1 Platoon - St. Jean
No. 2 Platoon - Montreal
No. 3 Platoon - Three Rivers
No. 4 Platoon - Montreal

Military District No. 5:

"H" Company

No. 1 Platoon - Quebec City

Military District No. 6:

"I" Company

Headquarters- Halifax
No. 1 Platoon - Halifax
No. 2 Platoon - Halifax
No. 3 Platoon - Halifax
No. 4 Platoon - Halifax

"J" Company

No. 1 Platoon - Sydney

Military District No. 7:

"S" Company

No. 1 Platoon - Saint John
No. 2 Platoon - Sussex
No. 3 Detachment - Fredericton

Military District No. 10:

"K" Company

No. 1 Platoon - Winnipeg
No. 2 Platoon - Winnipeg
No. 3 Platoon - Winnipeg
No. 4 Platoon - Winnipeg

"L" Company

No. 1 Platoon - Brandon
No. 2 Detachment - Portage La Prairie

Military District No. 11:

"M" Company

Headquarters - Esquimalt
No. 1 Platoon - Esquimalt
No. 2 Platoon - Victoria
No. 3 Platoon - Esquimalt
No. 4 Platoon - Gordon Head
No. 5 Detachement - Nanaimo

"N" Company

Headquarters - Vancouver
No. 1 Platoon - Vancouver
No. 2 Platoon - Vancouver
No. 3 Detachment - Prince Rupert

Military District No. 12:

"O" Company

Headquarters - Regina
No. 1 Platoon - Regina
No. 2 Platoon - Saskatoon
No. 3 Platoon - Regina
No. 4 Platoon - Regina

Military District No. 13:

"P" Company

Headquarters - Calgary
No. 1 Platoon - Calgary
No. 2 Platoon - Calgary

"Q" Company

No. 1 Detachment - Edmonton

"R" Company

No. 1 Detachment - Red Deer

Cheers
Old 13-07-04, 17:19
Senior Forum Member

Post Canadian Women's Army Corps - Training Centres/Training Wings

Canadian Women's Army Corps - Training Centres/Training Wings
(1 October 1942 to 30 October 1945)

Unit Designation and Location:

Serial 2450 - No. 1 Canadian Army Women's Corps Advanced Training Centre - Macdonald College, Quebec (3 Companies)
Authorized: GO 357/42 - Effective 1 Oct 42
Disbanded: G0 347/45 - Effective 25 May 45

Serial 2451 - No. 2 Canadian Army Women's Corps Advanced Training Centre - Vermilion, Alberta (2 Companies)
Authorized: GO 357/42 - Effective 1 Oct 42
Disbanded: GO 228/44 - Effective 15 May 44

Serial 2457 - No. 1 Driving and Maintenance Wing, C.W.A.C.
- Woodstock, Ont. (component of Serial 1227 - S 5 Canadian Driving and Maintenance School)
Authorized: GO 116/43 - Effective 1 Nov 42
Disbanded: GO 197/43 - Effective 1 Apr 43

Serial 2458 - No. 3 Canadian Women's Army Corps Basic Training Centre
- Kitchener, Ont. (4 Companies)
Authorized: GO 95/43 - Effective 15 Oct 42
Redesignated: GO 346/45 - Effective 24 May 45
(Redesignated: Serial 2458 - No. 4 Canadian Women's Army Corps Training Centre - GO 346/45 - Effective 24 May 45)

Serial 2458 - No. 4 Canadian Women's Army Corps Training Centre
- Kitchener, Ont. (4 Companies)
Authorized: GO 346/45 - Effective 24 May 45
Disbanded: GO 18/46 - Effective 30 Oct 45

Cheers

Last edited by Mark W. Tonner; 13-07-04 at 18:08.
Old 13-07-04, 18:04
Senior Forum Member

Post Canadian Women's Army Corps - Bands

Canadian Women's Army Corps - Bands

No. 1 Military Band, C.W.A.C.
Authorized: GO 16/45 - Effective 1 Sep 43
Disbanded: GO 101/46 - Effective 26 Jan 46

No. 1 Pipe Band, C.W.A.C.
Authorized: GO 16/45 - Effective 1 Sep 43
Disbanded: GO 101/46 - Effective 14 Feb 46

Cheers
Old 13-07-04, 18:47
Senior Forum Member

Post Woman at War

Some on-line links to articles regarding Canada's three Women's Services:

Juno Beach Centre - The Canadian Women's Army Corps

Canadian War Museum - Dispatches, Issue 5 - The Canadian Women's Army Corps, 1941-1946

Women's Royal Canadian Naval Service - #1

Women's Royal Canadian Naval Service - #1

Royal Canadian Air Force (Women's Division)

Juno Beach Centre - Royal Canadian Air Force (Women's Division)

Cheers
Old 21-07-04, 11:39
MLU Administrator

Default YMCA Tea Car 609

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanno Spoelstra
For sale ad found on MilWeb
Here's another one:
Quote:
The Road From Normandy
Published in 1946 as a private publication it is the story of YMCA Tea Car 609 (An Austin K3) and its female crew from the beaches of Normandy on D+12 to the liberation of Germany. This book is very rare as it is unlikely that the original print run would be in excess of 500. I am open to offers that take into account both the rarity of the book and the historical significance.
01772 313736
Chris Brook 20 July '04
Old 23-07-04, 02:05
Vets Dottir

Cool DENISE

This thread should be one you'll love, and feel right at home in?

Just so you know, I feel it's a real honour to have you in here because you have the combat boots and years of service. We're lucky to have you and I feel very proud (and in awe) of you. You put me to shame lass!

THIS one is just for YOU

Love Carman
Old 26-07-04, 19:34

Thumbs up Here's one for the Women at War

Hi Karmen;

This may not be "At War", but it's a woman serving in the Canadian Army in 2001. "MY SPORTS CAR!"

Attached Thumbnails
lav.jpg  
Old 26-07-04, 21:01
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Canadian Women's Army Corps - Overseas - 1939-1944 - # 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
From - C.M.H.Q. Report No. 120 - dated: 31 July, 1944 - Part III

ENLISTMENT OF C.W.A.C. OVERSEAS

55. C.W.A.C. policy for enlistment in the United Kingdom is similar in respect to that of men in the Canadian Army Overseas. It is on a selective basis. The C.W.A.C. may enlist only Canadian nationals, that is, those who are either (a) Canadian born (b) Canadian by right of domicile, or (c) married to Canadian soldiers. In the case of (b), the candidate's legal status is decided by the Department of Immigration. A civilian applying for enlistment is required to produce a release from the Ministry of Labour. Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 35. In the case of A.T.S. personnel wishing to transfer to the C.W.A.C., permission must be first obtained from the War Office. Total enlistment of recruits in the United Kingdom as of 12 Jun 44 is 219. Of these 51 were former A.T.S. personnel. The strength of the Corps Overseas as of 5 Jul 44 totals 67 officers and 964 other ranks.

56. With the enlistment of recruits in the United Kingdom and with the despatch of reinforcements from Canada, it was decided to carry these personnel on the strength of No. 43 Company. Subsequently, the Y-32 list also became the responsibility of this company. By April 1944, No. 43 Company was administering 379 personnel, and it was Major Sorby's opinion that in the interest of efficiency the company should be relieved of its duties as a reinforcement unit by the establishment of a small C.W.A.C. Wing at No. 1 C.G.R.U. On 19 May 44, the establishment of this wing was approved by Brigadier Booth.

DISCHARGES

57. Discharges for the C.W.A.C. in the United Kingdom generally follow the provisions of C.A.R.O. (Overseas) 1784, although each case is judged on its own merit. Disposition of pregnant personnel depends upon the circumstances. Appropriate adjustments are made in all cases. Under authority of A.G. Cable 3308, those whose home is in Canada are returned there; those who are resident in the United Kingdom or whose husbands are citizens of the United Kingdom are discharged in England. Discharges from the Corps in the United Kingdom up to 31 May 44 total eight. Personnel returned to Canada to the same date number 11 officers and 64 other ranks.

EMPLOYMENT OF THE C.W.A.C.

58. As compared with those of Canada, the types of employment of the C.W.A.C. Overseas are not greatly varied. However, this field of activity has expanded to an extent which would have seemed decidedly improbable at an earlier time.

59. A very large majority are employed in a clerical capacity. C.W.A.C. personnel are now employed in Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force, 21 Army Group, Allied Army Italy, C.M.H.Q., H.Q. C.R.U., Army Show and in eight Army Corps, - Medical, Dental, Postal, Pay, Service, Engineers, Ordnance and Signal Corps. As of 30 Apr 44, with total other rank strength at 853, eleven trades were represented as follows: clerks 378, cooks 29, switchboard operators 17, cipher operators 4, dental assistants 4, keyboard operators 3, postal sorters 2, driver mechanics 2, storewomen T.O.D. 1, and draftswomen 1. Apart from the trades, as of the same date, there were 390 general duty personnel and 22 drivers IC.

EMPLOYMENT OF THE C.W.A.C. IN REAR AREAS OF OPERATIONAL THEATRE

60. On 18 Mar 44, Brigadier A.W. Beament, OIC Cdr Sec, G.H.Q., 1 Ech, 21 Army Group, proposed to Lt-General K. Stuart, Chief of Staff, that consideration might be given to the question of employing the C.W.A.C. in both 1st and 2nd Echelons, 21 Army Gp. The need for clerical help was pressing and "this HQ would welcome a small number of clerk stenogaphers". This proposal had the approval of the M.G.A. 21 Army Gp who declared himself as being favourably disposed towards the employment of the C.W.A.C. in Cdn Sec. G.H.Q., 1 and 2 Ech 21 Army Gp in capacities similar to those already being filled by the A.T.S. in British Headquarters. Brigadier Beament further suggested that there were substantial opportunities in hospitals for the C.W.A.C.

61. Existing policy regarding C.W.A.C. employment had not envisaged such expansion of activities, and the proposal was therefore thoroughly discussed at C.M.H.Q. before it received the approval of the Chief of Staff. Availability of manpower was surveyed to ensure that fully competent male personnel would not be retained in C.M.H.Q. while C.W.A.C. were sent out.
Subsequent submissions revealed that there were definite tradesmen deficiencies impossible to fill with male personnel. Since, in this event, tradesmen would have to be brought from Canada, it was suggested that manpower would be saved by the employment of C.W.A.C. in rear areas. Approval of this policy was expressed by General Montague on 12 Apr 44, and by General Stuart on the following day.

62. Meanwhile, a similar discussion had been taking place at OTTAWA, and on 10 Apr 44, N.D.H.Q. sought the views of C.M.H.Q. on the advisability of such a move. In reply, C.M.H.Q. advised OTTAWA on 13 Apr 44 that the situation was being canvassed to determine the number of individuals and the types of employment which could be utilized in the United Kingdom. To meet the immediate demand of 1 Ech for six stenographers, C.M.H.Q. agreed to supply this number from among those already serving overseas but pointed out that this method of provision could not be carried on indefinitely as Echelon would thus be built up by the sacrifice of C.M.H.Q. Future demands for operational areas would therefore have to be supplied by despatch of further drafts from Canada.

63. Late in May, the first detachment of one officer and 17 other ranks of the C.W.A.C. (6 of whom were detailed to the Army Show) to serve in these areas left the United Kingdom for service with Cdn Sec, G.H.Q., 1st Echelon, A.A.I. According to information supplied by the office of the D.A.A.G., C.W.A.C. (5 Jul 44) 4 other rank C.W.A.C. personnel3 had preceded this group to Italy. Further information from the same source reveals that S.H.A.E.F. has three C.W.A.C. clerks on its strength, while at Cdn Sec, G.H.Q., 1 Ech 21 Army Gp, two C.W.A.C. officers and 10 C.W.A.C. other ranks are employed. On 17 Jun 44, authority was granted by the Chief of Staff for the posting of C.W.A.C. personnel to 2 Ech, 21 Army Gp.

64. The administrative policy adopted for these areas is that of a mixed unit.This method, which has proved particularly feasible in the Static Base Laundry, is considered more economical of administrative staff than is the establishment of C.W.A.C. administrative companies.

THE MANPOWER CEILING AND THE C.W.A.C.

65. All female army personnel come under the manpower ceiling of 232,1004 for the Canadian Army Overseas. On 14 Oct 43, C.M.H.Q. set their total C.W.A.C. requirements within the ceiling at 4500, an estimate which, they pointed out, was not to be considered as a demand until policy was firm on whether or not the ceiling was capable of absorbing large numbers of C.W.A.C. It was agreed at that time that C.W.A.C. personnel should be despatched overseas at the rate of 50 per month. In March 1944 it was agreed that this number should be increased to 75 per month, possibly even to 100 per month after June 1944 if enlistments in Canada should warrant it.

66. Because of the extra staff required for administration, female personnel cannot always be counted on a basis of soldier for soldier. The British, when employing A.T.S., had found that it required three A.T.S. to replace two soldiers on some establishment while a ratio of one for one is adequate on others. C.M.H.Q. had proposed to OTTAWA that C.W.A.C. personnel might be supplied on the basis of 10 women for every seven or eight men.

67. With the adoption of the policy to employ the C.W.A.C. in operational areas, an assessment of C.W.A.C. requirements was made by C.M.H.Q. and it was found that the demand from operational areas for clerical help, plus those from H.Q. C.R.U. and those of C.M.H.Q. itself for various types of employment
amounted to approximately 1173 individuals. It was pointed out to N.D.H.Q. that provision of these numbers would have to be made from OTTAWA. The question arose: could the Canadian Army Overseas absorb C.W.A.C. personnel to this extent? General Montague considered it doubtful owing to the large number of low category men available not only in the United Kingdom, but also within 21 Army gp and particularly in the A.A.I. The supply of this type of soldier was approaching a saturation point in all theatres overseas, and policy in this regard was to explore every possible means of employing a soldier now overseas before despatching him to Canada as unemployable. While it was true that there were deficiencies in certain trades which could be quickly and efficiently filled by the C.W.A.C. in forward areas, it was Brigadier Bostock's opinion that it would be unwise to employ them in these theatres except in those trades for which male personnel could not be found. It was therefore suggested by Brigadier Bostock that before further C.W.A.C. drafts were despatched overseas "consideration should be given to providing an allowance under the manpower ceiling". He further recommended that C.M.H.Q. should reach an agreement with N.D.H.Q. whereby the ceiling would be increased by 300 for every 1,000 C.W.A.C. employed overseas.

68. General Montague discussed the matter on 5 May 44 with Brigadier Booth and with General Stuart who proposed that the solution to the problem would be to count the C.W.A.C. outside the ceiling, a solution which he was submitting to OTTAWA. Until a decision in this regard was reached, it was agreed that immediate action should be taken in the first place by sending a "token draft" of the C.W.A.C. to A.A.I. Secondly, a statement of all jobs now performed by "A" category men which might be filled by low category men or by the C.W.A.C. was to be prepared by C.M.H.Q. It was also recommended that OTTAWA be requested to indicate the numbers of the C.W.A.C. they were prepared to supply to meet these requirements. In the event of the C.W.A.C. being provided outside the ceiling the proposal to increase the ceiling would not be pursued. Present information reveals nothing further in regard to General Stuart's proposal to count the C.W.A.C. outside the manpower ceiling.

Cheers

Thats it for now.
Good grief, Mark...are you finished? When do you publish your book?

"All Stations, long message follows, more to follow, wait, out".

Good thing there is no Part IV!
Old 26-07-04, 21:08
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Here's one for the Women at War

Quote:
Originally posted by Denise M.S. Tonner
Hi Karmen;

This may not be "At War", but it's a woman serving in the Canadian Army in 2001. "MY SPORTS CAR!"

Hey, Denise...Wuss...what's with the hatch up. Real drivers go hatch down. So what does a crossed paper clip know about that?
Get your Sunray to translate...if I knew how to put in smilies, I'd throw in a whole bunch here!

BTW, did you hear from Frank Misztal about your identity?(MPA, FYA, HMCS York)
Old 26-07-04, 21:15
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: Re: Canadian Women's Army Corps - Overseas - 1939-1944 - # 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Good grief, Mark...are you finished?
Nope!

Quote:
When do you publish your book?
Shortly!

Quote:
Good thing there is no Part IV!
Who said there was no Part IV.......WAIT OUT!
Old 26-07-04, 21:33

Default Re: Re: Here's one for the Women at War

Quote:
Hey, Denise...Wuss...what's with the hatch up. Real drivers go hatch down. So what does a crossed paper clip know about that?
Get your Sunray to translate...if I knew how to put in smilies, I'd throw in a whole bunch here!
Hi Jon:

The reason the hatch is up, I am to short to see over it. Even if the seat is all the way up. P.S. I am standing on top of a milk box.
I was practising my driver skill in the compound, why hit my car when I could hit bigger one's at the crown cost.

Quote:
BTW, did you hear from Frank Misztal about your identity?(MPA, FYA, HMCS York)

No, not yet, but with these is pictures up you never know except I used to have long long hair pass my a.....

Old 27-07-04, 05:06
Vets Dottir

Default DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Can't load the end of the thread to see the images!
Arrrrrgh!
Old 27-07-04, 19:22
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Here's one for the Women at War

Quote:
Originally posted by Denise M.S. Tonner
Hi Karmen;

DAMMMMMMMM .... I'm SO jealous I could SPIT! Some people just have all the FUN sports cars!
Old 04-08-04, 19:51
Vets Dottir

Default Great Coats and Glamour Boots ... plus

MARK and DENISE ...

I'll have you know I just finished opening my parcel and now have in my hands, and eyes,

Greatcoats and Glamour Boots
I've glanced enough to know I'm gonna really love and treasure this one because of the "personal comments and thoughts" by many of these extroardinary women. The photos are wonderful ... I always love photos because they catch SO much of what words can't.

and

Canadians at War
(which I HAD seen in a used book store before and wanted a copy but couldn't buy it at the time!

Th parcel arrived in excellent condition ... and now I, too, am in excellent spirits ... I'm only sorry I finished off all those ANZAC Bikkis to really set an MLU mood while enjoying these books.
What great "bunker warmers" you folks are

Marko ... THANK YOU ... SO much.

Love "Karmen" (Yes... THAT is how Mark spelled my name ) Guess I'll have to make that legal soon!
Old 04-08-04, 23:15
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Great Coats and Glamour Boots ... plus

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
MARK and DENISE ...

I'll have you know I just finished opening my parcel and now have in my hands, and eyes,

Greatcoats and Glamour Boots
I've glanced enough to know I'm gonna really love and treasure this one because of the "personal comments and thoughts" by many of these extroardinary women. The photos are wonderful ... I always love photos because they catch SO much of what words can't.

and

Canadians at War
(which I HAD seen in a used book store before and wanted a copy but couldn't buy it at the time!

Th parcel arrived in excellent condition ... and now I, too, am in excellent spirits ... I'm only sorry I finished off all those ANZAC Bikkis to really set an MLU mood while enjoying these books.
What great "bunker warmers" you folks are

Marko ... THANK YOU ... SO much.

Love "Karmen" (Yes... THAT is how Mark spelled my name ) Guess I'll have to make that legal soon!
Your Welcome........

Old 04-08-04, 23:42
Vets Dottir

Talking yer

yer welcome hairy beast
Old 05-08-04, 01:23
Senior Forum Member

Unhappy Re: yer

Quote:
yer welcome hairy beast
Gee, I was even nice, but I'm still a "Hairy Beast" am I ....Oh well, I guess that's better than being an AS*HOLE

Cheers
Old 05-08-04, 02:12

Default Nursing Sisters

Canadian Nursing Sisters in the First World War.
Attached Thumbnails
women02.jpg  
Old 05-08-04, 02:15

A Canadian V.A.D. Ambulance driver at the front, May 1917.
Attached Thumbnails
women01.jpg  
Old 05-08-04, 03:39
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: yer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Gee, I was even nice, but I'm still a "Hairy Beast" am I ....Oh well, I guess that's better than being an AS*HOLE

Cheers
Well ... Both/And? yer an A#SHOLE too sometimes aren't you?
(aren't we all? )
Old 05-08-04, 04:13
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: yer

Quote:
(aren't we all? )
Speak for yerself, woman... me, I'm just a perfect saint...
Old 05-08-04, 04:49
Senior Forum Member

Exclamation Re: Re: Re: yer

Quote:
(aren't we all? )
So now I'm both now, am I,....hmmmmm..........................

I'd be nice if I were you.....Christmas is coming.............:idea:

..........OH!, Thats IT!..........you asked for it...... .........

Poor 'Little Miss '......just wait and see whats coming your way .................. .......... ..........
Old 05-08-04, 04:53
Senior Forum Member

Question Re: Re: Re: Re: yer

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Say What!.............: ........I'll have what he's having please! ...........better yet, make it two...........
Old 05-08-04, 14:05
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: yer

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Mmmphmm. I see. And would that be a Saint as written about in the Good Book ... or perchance created in thine own thot-forms of image-in-ation???

quote:
So now I'm both now, am I,....hmmmmm..........................
I'd be nice if I were you.....Christmas is
coming.............

..........OH!, Thats IT!..........you asked for it...............

Poor 'Little Miss '......just wait and see whats
coming your way .................. .......... ..........

Oh bring it on preesent-ation to mama Santa LMAO
Old 05-08-04, 15:36
Vets Dottir

Default Greatcoats and Glamour Boots

Here is the book Mark sent me:

"Greatcoats and Glamour Boots"
Canadian Women at War (1939-1945)
by Carolyn Gossage
Attached Images

Old 05-08-04, 20:54
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Greatcoats and Glamour Boots

Quote:
Here is the book Mark sent me:

"Greatcoats and Glamour Boots"
Canadian Women at War (1939-1945)
by Carolyn Gossage
Yup, thats right, I only sent her the cover.....to many words in the rest of the book for to handle........, Oh, and the other book I sent her was mostly pictures.....big pictures, so wouldn't have to strain her little yappy eyes to see...........