MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 02-10-20, 08:08

Default Engines on the Move

Hello All,

I started to move the engines that are on engine stands and dollies out of my shed and into the shipping containers. The second one to make the move was the engine out of my 2A ex-Army Land Rover Ambulance.

I used the "ute" crane mounted onto one of my trailers to lift the engine out of the shed. I took it for a ride in the paddock and set it down on the shipping container floor. The engine is parked up until I start rebuilding it.

I now have more uncluttered floor space in my shed and can now get in and out of my car without having to worry about opening the door onto an engine mounted on a stand. With the other engines moved I also have free aisle space in my shed and full 360 degree access to my 1940 Chevrolet ex-Australian Army truck in the shed too.

The next part of the plan is to move and sort all the stuff that has been placed in front of the shelves in my shed. The step after that is sort everything out and know where it has been placed. My dream is to be able to go into the shed or a shipping container and be able to lay my hands on a specific tool or a part immediately. You know - for me to be able find stuff without any dramas, or risk to life or limb.

Then I can start back on restoring some green painted motor vehicles - and make some real progress.

Kind regards
Lionel
Attached Thumbnails
Series 2A Engine Out.jpg   Series 2A Engine Arriving.jpg   Series 2A Engine Parked.jpg  
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 02-10-20 at 08:14.
Old 06-10-20, 14:43

Hello All,

Well Saturday came and went. The morning started with an area that had three parallel mounds that were once formed to drain part of an orchard. Only a few straggly trees were left when we bought the property.

After the arrival of one or two machines - Saturday finished with a road-base level pad 14 Metres wide by 15 Metres long.

I just have to wait until the contractor brings in another roller that will consolidate the road-base more. Then I will track down a local mobile crane company to position the two shipping containers onto their designated spots on the new pad.

While I wait for the rolling to be done and for a crane to arrive; I have been working in the shed. Two sets of shelves that made it difficult for my wife to park her car in the shed have been removed. The shelves have been relocated into the shipping containers. I also have clear aisle space within the shed.

It could be a part of a delusion - however, I think I am am slowly reining in the chaos that once ruled my shed! Chaos still has its head. However, order is gaining some small degree of force on Chaos' reins and it is not running as rampant as it once did.

Kind regards
Lionel
Attached Thumbnails
Site 1A.jpg   Site 2.jpg   site 4.jpg   Site 3.jpg  
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 06-10-20 at 14:52.