MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Parts/Sources/Prices

Notices

Old 18-11-19, 20:54
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
Ian found out the hard way (= buying the wrong seal), that the Ford F15A seal front hub inner 5", Ford part number C01Q-1190B matches with SKF/ CR 49998 with ID 5" and OD 6.25"

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...638#post264638
Where did Ian's info come from? Was it the .zip file I posted in Post #10 on page 1, or is there another table? I no longer have Excel on my computer so can't read that table, but Keith's post #19 still has that info brought across on his webpage and it clearly shows C01Q-1190B to be a 5" seal and part number 49998. Where has the conflicting info come from?
Old 21-11-19, 10:49
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Smith View Post
Where did Ian's info come from? Was it the .zip file I posted in Post #10 on page 1, or is there another table? I no longer have Excel on my computer so can't read that table, but Keith's post #19 still has that info brought across on his webpage and it clearly shows C01Q-1190B to be a 5" seal and part number 49998. Where has the conflicting info come from?
Hi Tony,

Going back through the releated threads the correct info was there indeed, but I did not help with muddling it up. The p/n I shared is correct for the seal with the dimensions shown, but that seal does not cross reference to C01Q-1190B. It now turns out I was wrongly informed and have been sold the wrong seal as as well...

Anyway, I have offered compensation and invited Ian to add his lessons-learned to this thread.
Old 21-05-24, 17:20
MLU Administrator

Default Rebuild Kit for Ford master brake cylinder

Ford master brake cylinder, 1 1/4" bore: current part number of a Rebuild Kit is 91T-2004-A, 91T-2004.
91T-2004.jpg

These kits seem to be quite easy to source in the USA, Canada and the UK, but I could not find a rebuild kit closer to home - until I remembered this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
If you have a Ford Master Cylinder needing a rebuild - the seals and pistons etc. are the same as on other American trucks like the Dodge WC-series for example.
As Dodges are very common here in The Netherlands it was much easier to buy a rebuild kit off the shelf, e.g. at Staman Trading:
https://staman.nl/product/kit-repair...ylinder-dodge/
KIT-dodge.jpg