MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 04-06-10, 06:44
"Skunque-Breaker"

Default 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion Summer Service Dress

Hello All,
I have recently become interested in the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion, particularly for two upcoming USO Hangar Dances.
In order to avoid wearing the wool battle dress blouse over the wool collarless shirt, I would like to set up a pre-war khaki service dress uniform like this:

What Price Glory makes a UK Army Officers Khaki Service Dress Coat very similar to the Canadian version, top pocket flaps about the only difference.

I'm thinking I can get an pair of matching shorts or whatever to use as cloth to rework the pocket flaps. I have a set of very nice reproduction embroidered insignia coming from England: Jump Wings, Pegasus and Airborne tab and 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion shoulder titles.
I would like to set it up for a Corporal for the semi-formal dances, to wear with a maroon Dorothea Mills Maroon Beret and shined brown Corcorans.
So I assume the regular beige on khaki wool corporal stripes are worn with the shoulder titles. But, would the Pegasus and AIRBORNE tabs also be worn?

WTB: Iltis Cargo Area Floorboards, C9A1 Green Handguard, TICCS Dash Mount; C79 Green Rubber Armor; M72A5-7 LAW Tube; Arid CadPat Rank Slides/Helmet Covers/Pants, etc

Last edited by T. Alcorn; 04-06-10 at 06:49.
Old 04-06-10, 14:12
RIP

Tom,
You'll find the uniform experts at the Canuck forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/28173/
I think that you will find the older green shoulder titles "Airborne / Canada" are more appropriate and the Pegasus and Airborne tab are not worn.