MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 14-04-04, 06:00
Vets Dottir

Default Winnipeg's Military Museums and other POI

Hi ...

Geoff, I hope you don't mind that I started a thread to post military historical (especially WW2) interesting sites and things around Winnipeg, so others can knows whats here, while I learn whats here Too bad I don't have a difital camera and room on my hard drive to install its software... because I feel pretty "snap-happy" and would LOVE to take photos and show and tell

Example... tonite I visited, with my neice, Minto Armouries wherethe Royal Winnipeg Rifles Museum is located... I should have called first, I missed Don Zorniak by 3 minutes and didn't get to checkout the museum (it was closed tonite anyways ... but normally open Tues eves)

What a WONDERFUL OLD BUILDING its in! I'll search for a photo and site links online and post for youguys and gals.

Also, driving this evening I was blown away to see two huge tanks!!! They sit in front of Macgregor Armouries where The Fort Garry Horse cadets (orsomething?) train. I searched for a pic of the tanks... but just got the ANOTHER AWESOME OLD BUILDING and site below:

http://www.fortgarryhorse.ca/HTML/mcgregor_armoury.html
Old 14-04-04, 09:33
Vets Dottir

Default PS: History Section?

It just occurred to me that this thread should probably be in the history section? Sorry Geoff... if I find it moved I'll know you agree it should be in history too

I thought posting Winnipeg points of interest regards history would be good for so many who might like to know whats in Winnipeg, although I'm sure many of you history buffs already know this stuff.

I'm sure some of you can also tell me about some things to know and/or check out too?

Mark? GRIN

take care,

Carman
Old 19-04-04, 01:19
Vets Dottir

Default Minto Armouries Building photo

Here is a link to view the Minto Armouries Building in Winnipeg ... its where th Royal Winnipeg Rifles Museum is located as well as ???

http://www.winnipegfiremuseum.ca/arc..._armouries.jpg
Old 19-04-04, 10:46
MLU Administrator

Default Re: PS: History Section?

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
It just occurred to me that this thread should probably be in the history section?
Carman, here you go

H.
Old 19-04-04, 16:05
Vets Dottir

Default Thanks

Thanks H.

Carman