MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 04-10-08, 17:23
Mr. HUP

Default Mlu Sticker Goes South

While on a recent trip to the good ole USA, I got a chance to take a MLU sticker to Nashville, Tennesse and Huntsville, Alabama.

While in Nashville, our group visited the Country Music Hall of Fame - WOW! We were all very much impressed with the exhibit (even tho' most of our entourage were not C&W fans...).

Hall of Fame

Walk of Fame

We even had an Elvis sighting.

In Huntsville (AKA Rocket City - and for good reason - see http://huntsville.about.com/library/.../aa102599a.htm ), we visited the US Space and Rocket Center and saw the nearby Space Camp for kids. WOW again! It was a very interesting tour that took us from the early days of rocketry in Germany during WWII, to the US (Goddard and then the Opertion Paperclip gang http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Paperclip).

Note the "graffiti" in the upper left corner...

1:1 scale trainer for the Space Shuttle

One of two truck displays - a mobile space lab:

Avenger Air Defence System:

The tour ended with a visit to The Davidson Center for Space Exploration where we were humbled by the size of the Saturn V rocket (one rests outside in launch position, and one is inside the Center in its various stages on its side).

I highly recommend a visit to Nashville to take in the free live music at any of the local bars, the walk of fame and the C&W Hall of Fame. The city has a great walking tour, and the folks are friendly and helpful. As for sweet home Alabama - what a nice place to visit. Huntsville is beautiful and has so many attractions for the technically minded. My thanks to the great folks of the South for their warm hospitality during my stay. I will return!

Last edited by RHClarke; 04-10-08 at 17:37.