MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > Your Relatives

Notices

Old 13-07-07, 00:23

Default Robert Firth

My Great Uncle searved in the First world war with the 42nd Battalion Black watch. he was wounded twice. His son gave me his two Tam O,Shanters one still has the Red Hackle. I also received his tunic with all the brass intact but with now cloth Div patches. Here is a photo of him .
James
Attached Images

Old 13-07-07, 00:25

Default great war Gala Films

I was chosen to be in the CBC & Galafilms production of the Great war because of my Great Uncle Robert Firth and my thirteen outher ancessters who fought in the Great War.
here's a photo of me in Montreal last Summer. I am the one on the right sleeping sitting up.

James
Attached Thumbnails
n695520708_206815_4856.jpg  
Old 13-07-07, 01:16
Vets Dottir 2nd

Hi James, your post definately caught me eye because of the Firth name ...

My Great Great Granny (up through my Mom's mom) was a Charlotte Firth (married Robert Mowat) daughter of Thomas Firth of Scotland (Orkney methinks. Gotta double check again but I think most if not ALL of my Scottish roots are from the Orkneys. Too many ancestors to keep track of and remember all the individuals ) and Eliza Boucher. I wonder if our Firth's are connected? If your relatives are connected back through HBC to Orkney (?) then there is a good chance we're connected

Karmen
Old 13-07-07, 01:27

My firths Came here from Farlington, York Co (Yorkshire) England in 1815. His Name was George Firth he was Marryed to a Marry Granger.

James
Old 13-07-07, 01:38
Vets Dottir 2nd

Sounds like we're different branches of Firth's come from different locations then My Thomas Firth came over in the early 1800's as well and settled where Manitoba is now.

I was just curious.

Do you have your Great Uncles service records or copies of his Attestation Papers from the archives site?

Karmen
Old 13-07-07, 01:57

Not yet, I plan on getting his and all of the outher relitives records some day. (all twenty eight)
I do have his Attestation papers.

James
Old 13-07-07, 02:53
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by james007
Not yet, I plan on getting his and all of the outher relitives records some day. (all twenty eight)
I do have his Attestation papers.

James
Great that you have his AP's (Attestation Papers)

Are you aware that you can download copies of Attestation records at archivianet.ca WW1 records? If not, at least you could have those if they've been uploaded, by going to the site and searching for your relatives. Not all soldiers records have been uploaded as yet as its an ongoing process as I understand things ... but I could be wrong Meanwhile ... if you didn't know about them free access online before, you do now

Use the "serch" link to enter relatives names.

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/arch...f/index-e.html

Karmen