MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 12-02-06, 13:55
Greg Wright

Default modular tent sections

Hi,

I have some Canadian Modular tent center sections for sale.
They are roughly 8'x20' and have some small holes and some may have small tears. They are great for coveringthings that you can't get inside. I am asking $40.00 ea or BO.
I also have a Piat Ammunition box for sale, it has some surface rust on the outside with some of the original lettering visible. There is a paper tag still on the inside. It is $50.00

Cheers,
Greg
Old 12-02-06, 19:31
Mr. HUP

Default MOD "TARPS"

I can attest to the function and use of mod tent centres (and ends) for vehicle tarps. One centre piece kept my HUP protected from stem to stern with plenty of overlap at both ends. The mod end pieces cover the cab of a CMP quite nicely. I'll see if Bob can post some pictures of the tarps in use.

The old style mod centres may also be used as donor material for reproduction seat covers, window bags, fender welt, mud flaps, rad covers etc...and you can't beat Greg's prices.

I'll pick up my four sections on Thursday night, Greg.
Old 13-02-06, 16:43
Derek Heuring

Default Re: modular tent sections

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg
I am asking $40.00 ea or BO.
Price include aluminum "poles"?
Old 13-02-06, 22:03
Greg Wright

Hi,

i'm sorry but it does not include poles.

Cheers,
Greg
Old 14-02-06, 01:32
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: modular tent sections

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg
Hi,

I have some Canadian Modular tent center sections for sale.
They are roughly 8'x20' and have some small holes and some may have small tears. They are great for coveringthings that you can't get inside. I am asking $40.00 ea or BO.
I also have a Piat Ammunition box for sale, it has some surface rust on the outside with some of the original lettering visible. There is a paper tag still on the inside. It is $50.00

Cheers,
Greg
That's a damn good price for a centre section of modular.

The original MIU SUP (Material -in-Use, Standard Unit Price) was $815.00

I use two sections, complete, to winter store my CMP.
Old 14-02-06, 15:49
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: modular tent sections

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
That's a damn good price for a centre section of modular.

The original MIU SUP (Material -in-Use, Standard Unit Price) was $815.00

I use two sections, complete, to winter store my CMP.

It is indeed an excellent price. I've spent in total, months living under Canadian canvas in all sorts of conditions and it is excellent stuff. Quick to set up and tear down (I know, I've set up acres of the stuff!) and very habitable. I used to check out the Crown Assets disposal sales on the West Coast on a regular basis but it was a rare occurence to find mod. tentage after the closure of C.F.B. Chilliwack and it was usually pretty ratty stuff. Once after opening a brand new section of tentage I found a tag identifying the manufacturer. I kept it in the event I ever wanted to purchase new tentage directly from them, but I never did and I've since lost the tag.
One thing I've always to buy could never find at Crown Assets was an immersion heater. They are excellent for heating large quantites of water! They are also great for waking the camp up at 0darkstupid when you're pissed off for getting the duty. Let a little too much gas drip into the cup, give it a sec to vapourize, and relight. We once launched two sections of flue across the compound! Gunner, you would have been proud of me! LOL! I'm sure I heard someone holler, "INCOMING!" 'course, I got extra duties (but lighting the heaters wasn't one of them!) for rousing the Sgt. Mjr. from his beauty sleep.

CHIMO!

Ubique, also the sole battle honour of the Engineers!
Old 15-02-06, 05:21
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Re: Re: modular tent sections

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
It is indeed an excellent price. I've spent in total, months living under Canadian canvas in all sorts of conditions and it is excellent stuff. Quick to set up and tear down (I know, I've set up acres of the stuff!) and very habitable. I used to check out the Crown Assets disposal sales on the West Coast on a regular basis but it was a rare occurence to find mod. tentage after the closure of C.F.B. Chilliwack and it was usually pretty ratty stuff. Once after opening a brand new section of tentage I found a tag identifying the manufacturer. I kept it in the event I ever wanted to purchase new tentage directly from them, but I never did and I've since lost the tag.
One thing I've always to buy could never find at Crown Assets was an immersion heater. They are excellent for heating large quantites of water! They are also great for waking the camp up at 0darkstupid when you're pissed off for getting the duty. Let a little too much gas drip into the cup, give it a sec to vapourize, and relight. We once launched two sections of flue across the compound! Gunner, you would have been proud of me! LOL! I'm sure I heard someone holler, "INCOMING!" 'course, I got extra duties (but lighting the heaters wasn't one of them!) for rousing the Sgt. Mjr. from his beauty sleep.

CHIMO!

Ubique, also the sole battle honour of the Engineers!
Derek: FYI, the manufacturer is Manta Industries.

Yeah...immersion heaters...what a blast! Nothing like shaving with water steeped in gasoline! I saw a few of them on pallets recently at the Meaford Trg Cen...bound for Crown Assets.

Question for you, or anyone else with practical experience who might be lurking, with reference to repair of small rips in mod tentage.

I bought a large squeegee in order to pull off snow from the center sections. The squeegee had hard, sharp edges which caused me to puncture tiny triangular cuts into the material whilst jabbing at stubborn clumps of snow.

Any idea of a field expedient fix for this? I'm thinking nail polish or perhaps rubber cement.

Any thoughts, anyone?
Old 15-02-06, 15:38
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: modular tent sections

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Derek: FYI, the manufacturer is Manta Industries.

Yeah...immersion heaters...what a blast! Nothing like shaving with water steeped in gasoline! I saw a few of them on pallets recently at the Meaford Trg Cen...bound for Crown Assets.

Question for you, or anyone else with practical experience who might be lurking, with reference to repair of small rips in mod tentage.

To paraphrase Robert Duval: "Aaahh, I love the smell of gasoline in the morning...it's the smell of washing!"

A lot of the tentage we put up had repairs done. The repairs looked like a new patch was glued over the hole. I don't know if the repairs were done by an outside agency or if they were done in-house. If I were you I'd get ahold of a Supply tech and see if there is a NSN for a "repair kit, tent, Canadian modular." If there is get him to order a few for the unit and see if you can "acquire" one. (nudge nudge wink wink)
We had a field expedient fix for leaky tents...we suspended shelter halves over the cots of the poor buggers under a leak! The motto on the "Wet Coast" is: "If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'!"

chimo!
Old 15-02-06, 15:41
carrier mech

The mod repair kit actually used a form of krazy glue (loctite brand) to patch the ripstop type vinyl. The area should be prepped with something like alcohol or bracleen to get rid of any oil first.

I don't recall the exact grade of instant adhesive.