MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 07-03-13, 22:09
CMP Modeller

Default Australian Indian Pattern Ambulance numbers

I'm trying to build a model of the above ambulance from a photo & I am using an L.R.D.G. Chevrolet front end & chassis made by Tamiya. I know they were used in North Africa & wondered what WD no. would they have had. Can anybody help please? Please note the fuzzy finish on the body has been removed & redone with a better more canvas looking finish!
Howard
Attached Thumbnails
100_3037 - Copy.jpg   100_3034 - Copy.jpg  

Last edited by chippyrail; 07-03-13 at 22:14. Reason: Adding photos
Old 08-03-13, 03:25

Smile

good to see my plans for this model have helped someone else do a good model. Sorry can't help with the ARN (WD) numbers for them but would be interested in them myself.

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 08-03-13, 11:34
CMP Modeller

Sorry I didn't credit you with the plans Cliff, I have done on Missing Lynx. I will post another photo of the almost finished truck soon. Next one will be the Australian FAT No.3 Ford from the ICM kit.
All the best,
Howard
Old 08-03-13, 11:37

No Problem on the plans Howard. You just reminded me to look for the measurements of the MH 3A body for you too. will do now while I remember

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
Old 08-03-13, 12:00

Default MH 3a gun tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff View Post
No Problem on the plans Howard. You just reminded me to look for the measurements of the MH 3A body for you too. will do now while I remember
Let me know when you want some measurements or plans or photos for the MH 3a.
Old 08-03-13, 12:10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack neville View Post
Let me know when you want some measurements or plans or photos for the MH 3a.
Hi Jack,

can't find my original measurements so is it possible to have the body dimensions please from the door pillars back on the main cab and dimensions of the rear body. I believe these are the same '39-'41?

ICM (Ukraine) put out a 1941 German Ford kit in 1/35 scale and also (now) a 1939 German Ford kit in the same scale that can be used as a base kit to make either or both (LOL!) I am presently converting one kit into an Australian 158in WB GS towing an 18lb gun and hope to also do the M/H #3a Gun Tractor soon as well with another of this kit.

Any help welcomed

Old 08-03-13, 14:35

Hi Jack,

I'm also interested in the 3A tractor. It's the PTO/winch drive that is the biggest mystery to me. Were you ever able to get pictures of the winch on the tractor in the South Australian museum? Hope you can help!

Cheers,
Allan
Old 08-03-13, 23:47

Default Mh

Cliff, Allen,

I have th winch fitted to mine now. Just need to finish off some leather boots for the levers on the cab floor. I will get some photos after Corowa. I have a mate (Ronin Mawson) who may let me put the truck on his truck hoist and I will be able to get perfect photos of the underbody showing the layout of everything. I will put the photos on MLU for all you modellers. The rear body of the MH is unique to these trucks. You also need to take notice of the uniquely Aussie roadster style cabin. It is slightly longer than the standard Ford cab and is squared off instead of rounded on the rear corners. The extension is of timber frame and sheet metal. The seat is also non standard.
Old 09-03-13, 04:17

Thanks very much Jack, that would be great. We "scale historians" appreciate your efforts!

Cheers,
Allan
Old 10-01-21, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippyrail View Post
I'm trying to build a model of the above ambulance from a photo & I am using an L.R.D.G. Chevrolet front end & chassis made by Tamiya. I know they were used in North Africa & wondered what WD no. would they have had. Can anybody help please? Please note the fuzzy finish on the body has been removed & redone with a better more canvas looking finish!
Howard
I'm in the middle of doing the earlier model, based on a Romanian WA kit. I've just had to reduce the width of the mudguards. I'm assuming that you did so with the Tamiya one too?