MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 15-11-06, 02:01
Vets Dottir

Talking BC Hydro user???

Hi Consumers,

Those of you living in BC and using BC Hydro might have fun with this hydro usage costs calculator The hydro folks sent me this link today in response to my questions about how I could calculate and differentiate my own consumption costs from other tenants, Old wiring setup here means my apartments bill/account includes the common tenant laundry facilities and rooms electricity downstairs, on MY bill, and I've had to collect from other tenants to cover their use billed to me. Hard to know what's fair without knowing consumption habits and costs, and can create hassles in collecting or monitoring use per person. No one wants to pay more than they figure is close to what they use. Budgets tight all round

Anyways, if any of you always wonder about "Gee, HOW MUCH does it cost me to run the dryer X number of hours per week ???" ... you can get some really good guestimates here!!!
Or ... "Geez, how much are his/her 20 baths a week costing me?"

https://www3a.bchydro.com/appcalc/pg1.asp?ID=0

I was shocked at how the dollars add up when ya leave a coffee maker on all day or a computer 24/7. Am going to be more budget wise regards coffee maker, but am stuck leaving the computer on 24/7 until I can find and install another harddrive.
A couple of dollars here and there makes a big difference to me (and to many people on tight budgets)

I'm going to be calculating and noting the calculations down for future reference

Karmen
Old 15-11-06, 07:56
Vets Dottir

Default Coffee addicts ...

Hi. For those of you who are coffee addicts and have your coffee on all day long brewing coffee and keeping it hot, you might wonder what that might be costing you?

I calculated a coffee maker on for just 5 hours per day and worked that out using that sites calculations and then breaking it down to monthly cost of $8.oo per month. My coffee maker is on all day usually so you can double that amount for me probably (not anymore! ) Way cheaper to brew, turn off the maker, and nuke the coffee as required. I then have more money for Vegemite and Tim Tams addictions when I can find them locally

Interesting to note that running the computer 24/7, no printer, runs about $6.50 per month, according to their calculations and breaking them down. Not as expensive as I thought!

I've been having fun working this stuff out ... smoke is coming out of my ears now though ... time for a coffee ...

Ma Yappy