MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-03-21, 15:35
carrier mech

Default MV Restrictions in BC and Saskatchewan

Most of us remember the saga from a year or two back when Quebec tried to restrict and weed out the more recent military vehicles (say about 1980ish and newer) from the roadways. I was sent information the other day showing the same thing has basically happened for British Columbia as well as Saskatchewan. Rather than making it a specific bill, they are restricting them at the inspection level to prevent them from getting onto the roadways in the first place.

Here is a link to the BC bulletin to vehicle inspectors: https://cvse.ca/vehicle_inspections/...Wq3Qm1ONvrlSjg

Below I am attaching photos of the Saskatchewan bulletin. I don't think these are so much an organized attempt at a larger scale to rid the roads of these vehicles, but rather an answer for the inspectors who are asking "what do we do" when presented with vehicles to inspect that are not the norm. A quick internet search by the bureaucrats will show the various restrictions that have been applied in other jurisdictions, and they get copied and pasted to make restrictions in their jurisdiction.

For those with older wartime and 50s vehicles, you are not affected for now, but these things have a way of creeping backwards. I bought an M38A1CDN3 about a decade back and once the provincial inspectors got involved things got messy. I almost had a $6000 lawn ornament. Note that in the case of the Saskatchewan bulletin, it mentions the restriction can go back to vehicles built after 1971 and before 1986 at the discretion of the administrator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SGI1.jpg (114.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg SGI2.jpg (133.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg SGI3.jpg (57.9 KB, 15 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 01-21_Bulletin-Ex-Military-Utility-Vehicle-Inspections.pdf (133.8 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by rob love; 27-03-21 at 15:42.