with the color RED? Personally, I think
EVERYTHING should be RED. Especially Oatmeal
and Spam. And personally, I rather liked
CLICK better than Spam...

lame...sorry. Tired today Carman
Old 13-04-03, 02:38
Senior Forum Member

Question Re: Chicken!!

I was wondering why there hasn't been any cats around here lately...............and regarding 'Chicken!!', I'll have you know that Canada's Senior Infantry Regiment considers that to be 'STEAK'

Cheers
Old 13-04-03, 02:42
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: Tsk tsk

Leave it to a woman to pick the colour Red

: :

Last edited by Mark W. Tonner; 13-04-03 at 12:44.
Old 13-04-03, 03:05
Real Deal Paintball

Quote:
I was wondering why there hasn't been any cats around here lately...............
The Cat wants to go out

Who am I? Have you heard of Conrad Black? Well, I'm Eccles!
Old 13-04-03, 03:10
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Chicken!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
I was wondering why there hasn't been any cats around here lately...............and regarding 'Chicken!!', I'll have you know that Canada's Senior Infantry Regiment considers that to be 'STEAK'

Cheers
That's ONLY because they don't teach the young'uns to tell the difference these days... cut-backs an' all, they don't have that course differentiating between "cluck" and "moo" anymore... personally, I think they ate the instructor by accident...
Old 13-04-03, 03:33
Senior Forum Member

Wink RE: Re: Re: Chicken!!

Quote:
Originaly posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball "personally, I think they ate the instructor by accident..."
"BURP" mmmmmmmmmmmmmm good............
Old 13-04-03, 03:39

What time is it, Eccles?
Old 13-04-03, 04:28
Real Deal Paintball

Default Time

BBC 1. At the tone, the time will be...
Old 13-04-03, 08:07

Talking

Oatmeal? I suppose it's what you Colonial chappies call Porridge ?… and as for putting raisins and brown sugar in it well what ever next, obviously some heathen adulteration learnt in the outer reaches of the Empire
If you want to see the colour of 'oatmeal' you have to go to a Scottish boarding house in the rain, the colour ladies and gentleman is light grey with black bits in it, Raisins indeed, it's a good job Gordons not about.
I have just looked Oatmeal up in my trusty Boy's Own Book of Building Camouflage for 1942, not listed but….. SCC No5 is very light grey perhaps that what your thinking of?. Now here's one much better suited to an Englishman…. SCC No3 cup of tea and SCC No 4 cup of weak tea, I kid you not it's straight out of Appx A Part3 of MTP 46 "Huts, Camps and Installations"

I'm off for some light grey Porridge, Tally Ho YUM.

Pete
Old 13-04-03, 09:51
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Must be a throwback to service days - I bought cans of spam and bully yesterday to put in my sarnies for work this week! great stuff - eat it by the tinful,
Try horse-radish sauce or tomato ketchup on bully-beaf------

Oh No - ketchup - back to red again

A man's got to do what a mans got to do - where's that tree gone

how do I get out of here?
turn the knob on your side silly
I haven't got a knob on my side!

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 13-04-03, 14:25
Vets_Dottir

Thumbs up RABBIT

Hey Guys (and where are the other Gals ????) :

I just gotta tell yah all that I bake a mean rabbit in White Wine sauce. To DIE FOR MATES!!!!

I used to go out with Mom when I was a pre-schooler, into the woods (yes...we have some woods)of (Rupert's Land) while she shot rabbit for our dinner. She didn't bake it with wine. I did that when I had to eat off real china and crystal.
Pretentious? Damn that rabbit is good (if it wasn't cat, that is) I'm back to no crystal or porcelain, but my rabbit will taste just as good on plastic

YUM!

Carman
Old 13-04-03, 15:18
Senior Forum Member

Smile Re: 'Cluck and Moo....."

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball "they don't have that course differentiating between "cluck" and "moo" anymore"
'STEAK'..mmmmmmm good, yum, yum...
Attached Images

Old 13-04-03, 15:45
Vets_Dottir

Thumbs up When rabbit craving hits and the rabbits are nowhere to be found;

"I got me own way to ketch me supper" (thats his REAL beard
Attached Images

Old 13-04-03, 15:51
Senior Forum Member

Smile Re: When rabbit craving hits and the rabbits are nowhere to be found;

Ok, ....................................... :
Old 13-04-03, 17:11

Default Re: My thoughts on the Iraqi War

Ted,

Welcome to the board! You're certainly free to express your opinion, and we acknowledge that it's one held by many. I do believe you're wrong, though, in two respects; first, in respect to WMD, the Ba'athist regime in Iraq has had 12 years to either destroy, declare or hide what they openly acknowledged thay had way back then. No evidence has ever been offered as to destruction, ergo, I suspect the chem/bio materials have been either well-hidden or spirited out of the country. It's going to take time to trace it, but I'm confident this will happen.

Secondly, it's becoming more apparent every day that the Iraqi people, especially the Shia and the Kurds, have been waiting for this moment of liberation for a long time. Daily, we find more and more evidence of the abuses of Saddam's brutal Stalinist regime, and it seems the common people are by-and-large delighted to once again have their freedom.

While the simple excuse of "freeing" a captive populace may not necessarily justify war in these modern times (although I have had an errant thought or two asking 'why not?'), there can be no denying the power of their joy at finally being freed. How we - and they - deal with this freedom remains the far more important question, the answer to which only time will divulge. I would hope it sets an example for a lot of the rest of the world; certainly the images generated on real-time TV have a power all of their own.

I think this generation has been lulled into a sort of false sense of peace and security, for many reasons. Most of the world bears little semblance to the relative peace of western society. 9/11 took a big bite out of that illusion of security, and the world is truly never going to be the same again.

I believe Chretien was wrong in his appreciation of the multiplicity of issues here, and I have long believed that the U.N. has largely become irrelevent due to its make-up and the politics involved.

Certainly, regardless of one's perspective, these are rapidly becoming the most interesting times of our lives, are they not?

Cheers,

Geoff

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Gil
Prior to the invasion of Iraq, Pres. Bush had categorically stated that if Sadam Hussein did not disarm of his weapons of mass destruction, we the United States will disarm him, make no doubt of it. So far no weapons have been found (must have sneaked it out of the country). Now it's not a war of disarmament but twisted to reflect a war of liberation (or some other agenda). Oil? Could Saddam Hussein, heaven forbid, had been tellin the truth, that he had no such weapons. If no weapons are found Bush and the U.S. led coalition are responsible for the assassination of government officials (targets), deaths of thousands of Iraqi military personnel (who will be mourned and missed by their families), civilian casualties and destruction of property, plus casualties among coalition forces. Prime Minister Chretien was correct in acknowledging that U.N. Resolution 1441 was drawn up for disarming Sadam Hussein not changing the regime and he still stands behind his statement. Normally I don't agree with many aspects of his government but I'm 100% behind him on this issue. Its sad that in this day and age so much misery could have been averted with the continuation of weapons inspection. If this reads like a letter to the editor so be it.
Ted Gil
Old 13-04-03, 17:23
In Vino Veritas

Default Waskally Wabbits

Due to increasing constrictions on those law abiding gun owners in remote areas , it takes me a week to get a gun out and go hunting for Haus'N Pepper (sic) . The rabbits know this and are now goading we hunters on here, its getting quite ugly. One cheeky bugger ( a relative of Monty's rabbit I am sure ) went so far as to assault one of the unarmed fellows. I fear it'll get worse before better. We are currently petitioning the federal government to allow the throwing of stones for rabbit protection , but it is caught up in committee on the issues of size , type, domestic or imported, colour, mineral percentages etc....
Sean
Old 13-04-03, 17:31
RIP

Default Karmon you cad!!

Karmon,I'm a Bugs Bunny fan.AND if anyone shud get the wabbit,it shud be Elmer Fwudd.Now I'm having dweams of little you inviting de wabbit over to your place,getting out the white wine,getting Bugs plastered till he passes out,then giving him the"Coup De Gwrass"
A Paux on you
Quoting Karmon"I tot I saw a bunny wabbit"I did I did & he dwank my white wine"HIC"
Old 13-04-03, 17:54
Vets_Dottir

Talking "Let them eat rabbit"

A sad statement on physical life is that it takes something physical to sustain us. Meat. Vegies.

Notice how, realistically, one can not sustain life with love, and I KNOW some of you may think love is physical, being of the masculine pursuasion, Therefore I feel a powerful compulsion to burst your little bubbles and say...NOPE...and Tantric can only sustain you as long as the fantasy is believed.............therefore...

"LUT US/THEM EAT RABBIT."

(sorry Bugs)

WORLD: all we can do is to help to clean up the mess and assist and protect however we can, in the least destructive way possible. GEOFF...I think, if logic is used, in my own mind, I can't imagine how Saddam would NOT have secretstores ofnasty weapons. The psycholgy and MO of him, from what I've heard and seen so far, is that Saddam is UN-LIKELY to NOT HAVE them. Is that justification for war? I dunno. Doesn't matter really, at this point. Maybe when things are all settled down (if ever) then the debate can really rock and roll.

TWO-CENTS WOTH from the Little Yappy Woman who eats rabbit and......HIC ooops. Sorry 'bout that.
Old 13-04-03, 17:59
Vets_Dottir

Wink Hey SNOWTRACTOR................

SNOWTRACTOR.... grab your bloody gun and lets go get dinner. I'm hungry. And I'll bring the wine HIC...and the C...HIC...cake...I'll be REALLY hungry by the time you get the gun.......Dottir

PS" bring your wife! Leave your cat at home!
Old 13-04-03, 18:06
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Carman - you mean you've still got some cake left - send pic quick - I'm hungry

Old 13-04-03, 18:37
Vets_Dottir

Thumbs down Nyehhhhh............

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
Carman - you mean you've still got some cake left - send pic quick - I'm hungry
"What makes you think I'm a sharing and caring person? Get your own cake, mines all gone! "
Attached Images

Old 13-04-03, 19:33
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default re. cake

Guess it's back to my wife's cooking then - aaaaaarrrrrggghhh !!!!!!!!! another burnt offering.

This post was made with the full permission and knowledge of my commanding officer - ( I do have my own opinions - she said I could!!!!!!)

Old 13-04-03, 21:03
Vets_Dottir

Talking You guys are gonna kill me.....

DAVE: you reminded me of a little saying I heard one time. I've just gotta share it with you-all;

"Behind every good man
Is
An astonished woman!"

Tell yourwifeI think I like'er!
Old 14-04-03, 04:46
Vets_Dottir

Wink Don't take my comments the wrong way

I was reading my posts and realized I've been pretty cheeky a couple of times and wondered if anyone is offended. I hope not...it's all in good fun and I'm the first one to get upset andsay something to someone (generally very feministic) who "puts down" men.

I do "light hearted banter" or at least I hope it comes across as such.

Different topic: EXCELLENT to hear the news about the POWS being found alive!!!! VERY good news.

Take care.

Carman
Old 14-04-03, 06:36
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default offended? not me

You certainly don't offend me Carman, take the humour outa life and there ain't a lot left. Actually Chrissie's a pretty good cook, she just don't think so.

? Why is it traditional for women to get married in white - so they're camouflaged against the kitchen appliances !!!!!

( tongue in cheek - foot in mouth!)

Old 14-04-03, 07:23
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: offended? not me

Quote:

? Why is it traditional for women to get married in white - so they're camouflaged against the kitchen appliances !!!!!

( tongue in cheek - foot in mouth!)

Hmmm...interesting. T R A D I T I O N also has women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen cleaning the stove and the fridge while daddy brings home the bacon. Or Rabbit. Or cat. Whatever.

Traditional roles have been too hard (BURDENS) on both sexes. Some men would have been happier and better at home with the kids while some women would have been better out winning or chasing down the bacon. To me its...who wants to do what, who's good at what, who's happy at what? etc Too bad life isn't structured for human beings hey? If you like traditional roles, far out. If not, then do it different.

I personally think it's tougher to be a man in some ways, because the financial and survival level was generally his burden alone...a wife and 6 kids is a lot to support and society said that it was shameful for a woman to work and shame on the man who couldn't provide and let "his little woman" work, etc.

Its nice that the roles are becoming more "humanized".

Now if only the eople could get more humanized (GRIN)

Hey Dave... when you get burnt offerings (burnt dinner) could that be happening on purpose???? huh?
Old 14-04-03, 10:30
MLU Administrator

Default Re: posted that they were opposed to the war

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Borgia
I might also like to point out that both Hanno and .... posted that they were opposed to the war. Considering the abuse I have suffered for posting my views, I fully understand them not saying anything more on the subject, and any others for that matter.
Alexander,

Since you mention my name I feel obliged to react. In my opinion anyone in their right mind is against war. Especially soldiers, as they know what war is. I served in the Dutch Navy for two years, and the "lessons learned" from the Falklands War made me pale around the nose. I sincerely hoped I would not ever become trapped in a situation like that. But, there are situations when going to war is justified. As a Dutchman with a sense of history, I am glad the Allies decided to oppose the Nazis and fought out a long a bloody war with them.

In my posting in the thread "Any Bets On When They Launch?" I tried to make clear I was opposed to the invasion of Iraq because there were no viable arguments for the invasion. Where are the weapons of mass destruction? And yesterday I heard George W. proclaim Syria has chemical weapons. That sort of behaviour sends shivers down my spine. I am sure you and I have the same feelings about these aspects.

But, aside from the politics behind a war being right or wrong, let it be understood that I do morally support the men and women who are doing the dirty work. Whether or not backed by the right political arguments, I think the soldiers are doing a great job. Bringing down Saddam is a significant turning point in history and the soldiers can be proud of their work. Here's hoping as many of them as possible will return to their loved ones and that their sacrifice will not be in vain.

Hanno
Attached Thumbnails
001iraq.gif  
Old 14-04-03, 16:33
Vets_Dottir

Cool Love the cartoon Hanno!

"Peace Bro's"

Hanno... I feel much Like you, and most other people do. Anti-war, but when war comes down, pro positive impacts and yes, pro "all those who choose getting down and dirty with it, and very pro supporting and helping them and their families deal with the losses and impact" while I always wish it all hadn't happened at all, for all sorts of reasons.

I feel so very sorry for all the innocent peoples suffering, and so on. All the people directly involved have been forever hurt and affected, and world relationships to different degrees as well.

WW2... I'm very proud of all the people who helped to stop the mass abuses then, and altho my own Uncle was "murdered" by the Nazi's unjustified action, rather than losing his life to conflict or accident, his voluntary choice to risk his life in order to protect others is what made stopping the abuses possible. Ideally, he was murdered while attempting to help stop abuse.

If he, and all the others hadn't jumped in to help it all stop... it never would have stopped and maybe we'd all me Nazi's now, like it or lump it?

I think there is nothing so scarey as an outraged omnipotent hormonal teenager with a gun in their hands. and there is nothing so incomprehensible or unjustifiable as the abusiveness that created that creature.

Until we all have organic peace pills for everyone to take with their breakfast, we're stuck with having to do what gets desired results when the shit hits the fan and suddenly everyone is caught up in the feud.

I'm very uneasy about how war is so-called "justified" ... and I sure hope that the "What if..." fears that seem to have started this one, end up being validated by finding those weapons etc.

The powers that be need to validate and justify this war in all our eyes for us. The soldiers who do the dirty-work and take the credits and the flack both at war and when its over from their peers??? The soldiers... don't need to justify anything. They deserve nothing but respect and consideration and those support networks and assistance best damned well be ready and available for those who come home.

I just pray for peaceful resolutions all over the place ... but that's tomorrows possibility. Not todays. Today just really sucks.

All my own opinions here. I don't know whats right or wrong, I just know I don't like war. I do like protecting life. Sometimes a war is what it takes to stop an abusive element and once a battle starts everybody is part of it and I feel like everyone needs to do their part to help it to stop, or help clean up the mess, or help with the impacts.

Sorry everyone... I guess I do have a lot of yappy responses to whats happening. It's good to be able to say them so others can know whats in my head .. other than air of course

Carman

Old 14-04-03, 21:20
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default Yapping / burnt offerings

That's what this forum is for I reckon, so that we can air our opinions without others taking offence so long as no personal attacks are made in the posts.

Carry on yapping - even if I can't think of something to say I enjoy reading the others.

No - the burnt offerings aren't on purpose - we have a good partnership in our marriage based on the old military dictum - if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined.

Old 14-04-03, 22:23
Vets_Dottir

Cool

(Quote)
No - the burnt offerings aren't on purpose - we have good partnership in our marriage based on the old military dictum - if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined.
_________________Khaki rules ok!

Says Carman "I like your attitude"

I had an English foster Mom/family for a couple of years in my teens and I got to love:

"BUBBLE and SQUEAK"
and
"TRIPE and ONIONS"

Carman