MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 23-02-11, 19:52
carrier mech

Default Heading back to Ottawa

I am heading back overseas next month and get to stay in Connaught for a week to get the pre-training done. Seems like after getting out of the military I end up in the gas hut more often than when I was still in.

Do any of the familiar names or faces want to get together sometime the week of Mar 7 to 13th? Or are there any shows or events in Ottawa that week? I also hope to zip out to prefair on one of the days to look at my new purchase out there, mind you that will depend on the schedule of the PDT.
Old 23-02-11, 22:24
Mr. HUP

Default I Hear Gracies Calling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I am heading back overseas next month and get to stay in Connaught for a week to get the pre-training done. Seems like after getting out of the military I end up in the gas hut more often than when I was still in. Do any of the familiar names or faces want to get together sometime the week of Mar 7 to 13th? Or are there any shows or events in Ottawa that week? I also hope to zip out to prefair on one of the days to look at my new purchase out there, mind you that will depend on the schedule of the PDT.
I'm sure we could round up a few of the local characters for at least one night out at our favourite haunt. Maybe one of the West enders can pick you up if you don't have wheels. More later!
Old 24-02-11, 00:12
RIP

I am only a few minutes from the Ranges and could pick you up. At the same time, my friend is the Deputy Commandant of the TC and he has attended our Ottawa MilVeh bashes before and could probably also provide transport. IN any event, we'll get you there.
All - How about the Gracies in the West End??
Clive
Old 24-02-11, 00:55
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Where is it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by servicepub View Post
I am only a few minutes from the Ranges and could pick you up. At the same time, my friend is the Deputy Commandant of the TC and he has attended our Ottawa MilVeh bashes before and could probably also provide transport. IN any event, we'll get you there.
All - How about the Gracies in the West End??
Clive
Clive..
I'm in Indianapolis and will be back in town on the 7 March..I can't book the East end Gracies ,and know the set up for the dog and pony show you are going to put on...I ,but don't know where the west end one is but could Google it..
If we can get a date going I would suggest we book it the week before ..that is what I have to do for the East end..so lets get a date and book somewhere..I'll be home early enough to go but too late to do the bookings..but east ,,west ..north ..south..I'll be there..if there is drinkin'..filthy wimmen..ad lie tellin..I'm in..
Is Young Law around..??He owes us a friggin round..but like his slippery officer father has been able to weasle out of wetting down the "Bars"..so far..
The apple didn't fall far from the tree there..
Who the hell is the orderly sergeant that week..??
Rob deserves the best..let's get it done..Are you going to do the booking..??
Any night is good for me.
Old 24-02-11, 03:58
Mr. HUP

Default Alex Looking for a Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Blair View Post
Clive... blah, blah, blah..Are you going to do the booking..?? Any night is good for me.
Rob L, do you have your timetable yet? Once you do, let us know when you are available. Clive, since you suggested the West end, would you conduct a recce to ensure that the locale is up to Rotter standards? I'm talkin' legs, man! If the eye candy is on par or better than the East end Gracies, then we should have no problems...taking into account your varied tastes, this should be interesting.
Old 24-02-11, 04:41
carrier mech

I would imagine any evening from that Monday to the following Sunday would work for me. We normally finish at 5pm. Once you guys pick the location, let me know where or if someone can pick me up. I'll PM him my cell number. Hopefully I will have internet access while on the base, but my understanding is it's sketchy. I may well rent a car for the week. I spent too many years in barracks, I don't look forward to another one.

Looking forward to seeing the guys I met a couple years back when I last came through, and maybe meeting some of the guys who couldn't make it then.
Old 28-02-11, 01:50
RIP

I will be in Halifax all this week and unable to make any arrangements. Can someone else do this? Rob, Grant..?
Clive
Old 03-03-11, 01:38
carrier mech

Well I got my marching papers and I'll be into the shacks late Sunday evening.

I need to get to prefair surplus some time through the week, depending on my course schedule. If any of the retired guys are interested in taking a drive, I'll foot the price of fuel and meals. Otherwise I'll have to rent a car and navigate it myself. I need to check up on my newest project I bought from there. Any takers?