MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > The Wireless Forum

Notices

Old 23-07-17, 18:27

Default Wireless Connector Measurements

Sooner or later, with a number of wireless sets, you find that one or more accessory connectors/cables are needed to complete the set, but are missing. Often these are small, single conductor items. I have run across several of these for both the 19-Set and C-42 Set.

When you check the available parts lists for these items, you sometimes get lucky in that the description of the cable will provide an outside diameter and length measurement. What I am trying to determine is what the length measurement typically represents. This is tricky when you don't actually have an available part to check the numbers against.

Does anyone know if cable lengths are 'overall' measured from the tips of the connectors fitted to either end, or are they 'net length' of the cable only, with the end connectors a small addition to the net cable length?

David