MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 01-02-17, 05:43

Default July 1st, 2017 Canada 150 Celebration Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada - Military convoy

For this year's 150th Canada Day celebration, we are asking all military vehicle owners to participate in a Military Convoy that will travel within Greater Fort Erie. Each vehicle will be asked to carry one or more veterans of past military service (WWII, Korea, UN, NATO) Reenactors are welcome to join us. Our initial plan is to start at Br 230 Ridgeway Legion with a stop over at Br 71 Fort Erie, another at Stevensville and ending back at Br. 230.

A static display will be set up at Br 230 for any Canadian Military timeline. Vehicles are encourage to join the static display afterwards.

This is a voluntary event to help celebrate our country's 150th Birthday. Let us know you're coming, include something about your vehicle at jsek@execulink.com and post a photo of your vehicle.

cheers

John Sek
Chevy CMP C15a
Old 14-06-17, 04:18

Default Greater Fort Erie (Ridgeway) Convoy

Hello everyone,

This is a follow up to my earlier request to all military vehicle owners to join us on July 1st in Ridgeway to create a convoy of military vehicle that will circum-navigate Greater Fort Erie (40km) as part of Canada 150 celebration.

Currently our list of veterans (WWII, Koran, Vietnam, UN, Afghanistan) willing to ride in the convoy is larger than the number of confirmed vehicles attending. Please call me at (289) 213-0873 or email jsek@execulink.com to say you are coming.

A link outlining the event can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CelebrateCanada150/

There will be fly over of vintage aircrafts and a parachute jump. I am also planning a stop over during the convoy to a local airfield where the aircrafts will be stationed. There will be a foot parade which the convoy will not be participating in. However, the convoy precedes/starts the parade. Artillery (1812 cannon and a WWII 25 pounder) will be on hand to give salute.

Lunch will be provided courtesy of BR 230 (Ridgeway) Royal Canadian Legion, and possibly an honourium for expenses which is still to be determined. For those wishing, static displays by various military groups/reenactors are being held at the Legion which will compliment the vehicles agreeing to stay.

Please join us for an unique event in Fort Erie during a very special day for all Canada. Start up time is 10 a.m. in Ridgeway at BR 230 on July 1st.

Once again, please join us and give me call me at (289) 213-0873 or email jsek@execulink.com to say you are coming.

1944 C15a
Old 14-06-17, 23:21

John:

Have been intouch with you via email, but thought I'd post here to 'bump' your post!!
At this stage it looks like we'll have 3 or 4 'living history' 'nam people there. We'll set up a static display, at the Ridgeway Legion, or where ever you would like us. If there are going to be any era correct vehicles, we could setup with them or we could just setup in a (slightly) shaded area, if possible.
I will confirm the number of my people this weekend. I'd of had more people, but we're spread out at other venues as well that weekend.

Cheers,

R
Old 15-06-17, 04:08

I'll be there with my Jeep.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer