MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 31-05-08, 04:30
Addicted to Drab

Default WTB dash switch for Ford Cab 13

Well I am on the mend after being attacked by an extra large, double deep dish, stuffed crust double lard pizza....the ol saw bones said it was just too much for my gall bladder... ...sooo now that the discomfort is gone I am back at the truck. I am doing the wiring runs and the one switch missing is the number 5 switch off the main panel. Not that the number matters they are all the same design. Can anyone out there scour their "parts department" and help me out?

More pics to be posted soon on the restoration site. cheers for now from Thunder and Lightning Windsor....

The Red Bull air race is tomorrow and Sunday....see you at the river....

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Old 31-05-08, 05:19

Default Pictures pleeze....

Do you have a picture of the switch....both front and rear..... curious to see if they are the same as Chev......

Princess is selling toggle switches with the similar small rounded ball end.... once installed in a panel..... and if they all are the same ones.... it would be hard to say they are not original.....

Boob
Canada
Old 31-05-08, 13:42
Addicted to Drab

Default pics of switch....

here are a couple of pics of what I need....

cheers

Mike Timoshyk in Windsor Ontario

Name:  lastscan.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  9.9 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5290185.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	21602 Click image for larger version

Name:	P5290186.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	21603
Old 31-05-08, 14:16

Default Sorry Mike,

I don't have spares, in fact I'm looking for similar bayonet connected switches for the C15A. Can you let me know a source if/when you find one. Dirk is a possible source. He used to have a more searchable listing than I've been able to get to lately on LWDparts.com.
On the Chev, there are several different configurations for the connection points on the rear. I will try for a photo later in the day once I get to the barn. Your switch has what looks like a Ford part number on it. The Chev parts maual has a Chev part number and doesn't show a Ford equivalent as it often does when the parts were the same. I will look for Chev part numbers on the switches today.

Grant
Old 31-05-08, 16:41
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
I don't have spares, in fact I'm looking for similar bayonet connected switches for the C15A. Can you let me know a source if/when you find one. Dirk is a possible source. He used to have a more searchable listing than I've been able to get to lately on LWDparts.com.
On the Chev, there are several different configurations for the connection points on the rear. I will try for a photo later in the day once I get to the barn. Your switch has what looks like a Ford part number on it. The Chev parts maual has a Chev part number and doesn't show a Ford equivalent as it often does when the parts were the same. I will look for Chev part numbers on the switches today.

Grant
Grant,,
Those are strictly Ford switches and the is no Chev equivalent..The key word is "Wadeproof" which is a Ford term for "sealed,waterproof" and there is a whole manual on Wadeproof" Ford parts..
Joel Has the Parts manual ..

68 pages
FWP-1 FORD CANADA, ILLUS., PARTS LIST SPECIAL WADEPROOF EQUIPMENT for CDN Mil. Pattern Vehicles.
Jun 1945

Of course ,If you were not going to drive the truck underwater that covers the switch location,a reasonable substitute would work fine..

Old 01-06-08, 21:50

Default Things a little fuzzy....

What happened with the pictures Mike...... too much wine.....

BooB
PS.... are you going to CC 7..??
Canada
Old 01-06-08, 22:38
Addicted to Drab

Default Cc7

Hi Bob,

Yes I plan on being there for at least a few hours on 21 June....I fly to Quebec on 22 Jun soooooo I still have to leave time to pack my bags...

that is if the saw-bones lets me...still have to get my gut reamed...or at least the gall bladder extracted.

cheers

Mike
Old 01-06-08, 23:39

As promised I checked the switches on my dash.

Before examining the switches you should know that the dash has no data plates. It came to me as part of a truck plus spare frame deal a year ago. None of the parts in the deal were obviously Ford (except things like brakes that were Ford on all CMPs). That doesn't mean that at some time a Ford dash couldn't have been put in. Alex, have you evidence that no Chevs were ever fitted with wadeproof switches like those described in the Ford booklet you mentioned? Phil Waterman's web site has a diagram of the dash wiring found on his HUP that as far as I know hadn't been molested. The switch connections in his diagram are remarkably similar to what I found behind my dash.

Of the row of 6 switches the top and bottom were the same, having space for 3 bullet type teminals on the back (the same style as the switch Mike posted). These bore the part number C39Q-10999-A, Ford style number.
The second from the top (tail lamps) had 4 sockets and part number C29Q-13746. This switch was a bit of a misfit in that its lever was longer than the others and it had a wider throw, instead of being center to one side it was one side to the other and had a different location for the locating flat on the mounting threads. Also Phil Waterman's diagram shows this location having the next type of switch.
The third type of switch, third fourth and fifth from the top, had six sockets and part number C29Q-13239. It also had a diagram in the opposite side showing three of the terminals as being joined (the three at the sharp end of the arrow shaped grouping).
All switches had the same symbol above the part number. Perhaps a maker's ID? It doesn't show well in the photos, but could be a stlised HFD or HAD.
Attached Thumbnails
GB Dash switches back.jpg   GB Switch Plates.jpg   GB Dash switches loose.jpg