MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 17-01-06, 23:38

Default Joe Francis of Western Resources passed on

From the Ferret Heaven List

I saw this and figured it needed to be forwarded to a few other channels. Apologies if you got it more than once.

Hello List Members,

I hate to be the bearer of sad news, but, I have just been informed that Joe Francis, owner of Western Resources in Rogersville, Tennessee, passed away today. I had known for the past several months now that Joe was suffering from some sort of ailment that caused him to suffer shortness of breath easily with little exertion. After being examined by a couple of doctors, Joe was told that he had some sort of heart ailment and was being treated for it. Monday morning Joe had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance and the initial prognosis was that he had suffered a light stroke. Late this morning, at approximately 11am, Joe suffered a cardiac arrest and was rushed to the ICU but could not be revived.

I knew Joe better than most on this list and, yes, he had his faults, as do we all, but he always treated me okay. I think the Ferret community lost a friend today. It is to early to say what future plans will be for Western Resources, but I think his Mother is going to try and keep the business going. If I find out anything more I will keep the list informed.

Respectfully,

James McNeely
00EC93

I bought my Ferret from Joe back in 2001. He got be hooked on Brit Armor. Sad to see he's gone.

'43 Humber MkIV
'60 Ferret
'72 M35A2 w/w