MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 12-12-16, 12:10
Greg Johnson

Default M37 tailgate

The good the bad or the ugly. Mine is missing. Although the centre is stamped differently, can anyone tell me I a civy power wagon gate will bolt on. Thanks.
Old 12-12-16, 18:18

Default M37 Tailgate

Greg, the civy tailgate won't work. A few guys on here may have one sitting in the corner and chime in. I have a 'project' tailgate but the shipping would be outrageous from the far west. I posted an address on the G741 forum for a fellow that has M37 parts in N.B. but I don't know if he has a tailgate. Your other options are VPW or MWM but the price with exchange is high.
Old 13-12-16, 01:32

Greg, Try Marc8_2@hotmail.com

Marc is in Ottawa and has previously advertised M37/M43 parts on this site and G741. He may not have a gate but could know a someone who does.
Midwest Military makes the tailgates and I have seen one. Not cheap but very good fit and accurate. I think if you have a decent sheet metal shop local or close, you could have one made up with the roll section around the pipe at the bottom and weld on the side angles and top box tube. If the flat sheet is a problem, just mount a tool frame on it and call it done. I think that someone carries the tailgate chain brackets and chains, may have been VPW. If you come out here, we'll look for one for you...
Old 13-12-16, 18:05

I'm not aware of any specifics but its on my list on 'round to it' items. I want to mark my best truck as belonging to 155 Coy RCASC, a predecessor to what became 11 Service Battalion and now reduced to a Transport Company.

I'll be sure to post up what I find in the hope that others will add to the thread for future reference.