MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 05-05-06, 22:49
RIP

Default Canadian Military left out AGAIN !!

The new Conservative government and I stress the word "CONSERVATIVE" ,promised 5.5 million dollars to upgrade our forces.In their new budget an amount of 1.5 million dollars ,one fifth of their promise,has been allocated by the new finance minister especially for heavy lift transports.,probably for four C-17 Boeing Globemasters,wherein they could purchase six C-130G Hercules transports,the newest long range dependable transports.

Oh well, the military has been screwed again.
Old 05-05-06, 22:54
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Canadian Military left out AGAIN !!

1.5 million dollars for four C-17 Boeing Globemasters? I say your finance minister struck a great deal!

H.
Old 05-05-06, 23:45
RIP

Default Hi Hanno !!

Sorry for the error.I meant BILLION where you see million in my thread.Anyway.whether if it were billion or million we're still being short changed.Have a good weekend
Garry
Old 07-05-06, 23:59
Tanks, HD

Default Re: Canadian Military left out AGAIN !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
The new Conservative government and I stress the word "CONSERVATIVE" ,promised 5.5 million dollars to upgrade our forces.In their new budget an amount of 1.5 million dollars ,one fifth of their promise,has been allocated by the new finance minister especially for heavy lift transports.,probably for four C-17 Boeing Globemasters,wherein they could purchase six C-130G Hercules transports,the newest long range dependable transports.

Oh well, the military has been screwed again.
I heard the Minister of Defense of CFRA the next day, he was asked the same thing.

He told CFRA that this was above the money already promised DND. He said he would be shortly releasing some great news on new equipment purchases.

I'd say..... new C130J's, C17s, new JST Ships, and the armed Icebreakers.

Now if we can get him to kill that POS MGS (YAnks have done so) and get more tanks, the world would be perfect.

Right now, Min of Defense, CDS and many of the Sr Generals are ALL Black Hatters, so if we can't get tanks now, we never will :dh:

Andrew
Old 08-05-06, 03:16
Phil

Hi there!

Well Australia is just about to aquire up to 4 C-17A's to supliment is fleet of C-130H & J's and Caribous.

The Herc J's are a great piece of kit but just can't cut it with the C-17 when it comes to distance and carco lift.

C-130J:- Max cargo 16 tonnes, speed 640kph @ 22,000'
C-17:- Max cargo 74.797 tonnes, speed 810kph @ 45,000'

To put this in real terms a C-130J flying from Aust to Baghdad with 12 tonne of cargo would have to refuel twice on route where as the C-17 carrying 15 tonnes could do it non stop.

Also try and put a M1A1 Abram into a C-130 and yes Austraia is getting 54 of them... first deliveries should be befor the end of this year.

And just a foot note:-

Aust was the 1st country out side the USA to purchase the C-130A's and I could be wrong but we may also have been the 1st to get the "J" model as well.

Plus looks like we are getting some more CH-47 Chinooks. We currently have 4.

Phil...
Milt Land Rovers
Inc:- 58 "gun buggy", 60 FFW, 70 FFW, 71 10 seater Wgn, 69 GS.
M3 Stuart Light Tank "hybrid"
FV1600 Humber FFW/cargo
Mk1 Ferret scout car (waiting restoration)
Various trailers
Inc:- K38, "Ben Hur" 1 ton, 200 Gal "Humber" water tank Tlr, Aust jeep, Landrover recovery.
Milt Radios
etc etc...