MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 18-05-09, 09:35
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
It was a hot topic discussed at yesterdays VMVC swap day at Upper Beaconsfield .

One auction attendee commented on the sneaky tricks .. eg, included in a pallet of old tyres or otherwise uselss junk .. a nice collectable thing was dumped on top , this was designed to lure the buyer into buying the whole pallet .. thus the buyer had to remove the pile of junk saving the vendor many trips to the local tip where tyres cost a small fortune to dump . The ruse wasn't wholly succesfull however as some just sneaked off with the gem they purchased and left the junk behind.

Somebody said the ex Baw Baw Dodge went for about $300 ..I cannot confirm this, its just what I heard.

Not much on offer at the VMVC swap day ..didn't spot any blitz stuff except for a cab 13 type front parking light . And WW2 era mosquito nets ... and stuff like that . The turn out was effected by the miserable weather ..drizzle damp . One member arrived on a pushbike , all the way from Mentone ! He caught the train to Pakenham and rode the rest ..... now that is a keen member

mike
The other old auctioneer's trick was to try to start the bidding high hoping someone would hop in with a high-ish price which happened a couple of times. The Dodge I think made a bit more than $300 but less than $1,000 which I thought was a very good buy.
I was going to come to the swap but would have faced the frying pan squad back home I think.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern