MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 09-11-16, 15:06
MLU Administrator

Default Market-Garden 2019 XXX Corps re-enactment

Found this on Facebook. Just posting here for your info. Reportedly, this tour is being organised by a new management team.

Quote:
Market-Garden 2019 XXX Corps re enactment

Operation Market Garden will be commemorated by a proposal in 2019 by another British led commemorative convoy. This will be joined by authentic American airborne re enactors at appropriate points on the route to make this an authentic re creation of some scenes from XXX Corp’s operation.
The basis of this convoy will be the same as 2014 and it will consist of British WWII vehicles and vehicles that were used by XXX Corps on the drive up from Lommel to Arnhem. Lessons learnt from 2014 have been discussed with the powers that be and we are looking forward to another historic event with fervor. This will be undertaken with a maximum of two convoys split up for the first two days, after which one large convoy will proceed further north.
At the moment, talks have taken place with some key players who are interested to see the proposal progressed further.
As our dear veterans are now reaching a significant advancement in their years, this will possibly be the last time we will have the opportunity to express our deepest gratitude to them for their considerable sacrifices that they made for our freedom today;
So if you are British infantry re enactors or a vehicle owner and you have your own authentic equipment and you would like to be considered for the next 2019 Operation Garden then please contact us now by e mail at info@ltf-hq.com and as soon as we have further information etc this will be forward on to you for your perusal.
For the moment, we are looking at 120 vehicles plus but until we gauge the amount of interest we will be unable at this moment in time to say how big the convoy will be. This “operation” will need to be run as a military operation and we believe that armed with the lessons learnt from the past event that this will be an even better event in 2019.
So, if you are interested, then just send an e mail to info@ltf-hq.com and we will be in touch as soon as we have further information available. Please bear in mind that the opportunities now for large convoys are few and far between, we are fortunate in that we enjoy a great deal of support in The Netherlands and we would hope that new and old friends alike will join us on this adventure following in the footsteps of XXX Corps.
Old 09-11-16, 15:07
MLU Administrator

Read more about the 2014 event here:

XXX Corps event: Liberation Task Force
Old 13-11-16, 15:39
MLU Administrator

Just received the message below from Gerald D Przenislawski and I am passing this on here.

If you have a serious interest to join, please contact him and post your interest here. I found the previous event in 2014 unforgettable and I plan to be there in 2019.

I think many of the MLU members who were there in 2014 will join again also. Please post here so we can gauge interest among MLU'ers!

Quote:
Dear All,

Market-Garden 2019 XXX Corps re enactment

Operation Market Garden will be commemorated by a proposal in 2019 by another British led commemorative convoy. This will be joined by authentic American airborne re enactors at appropriate points on the route to make this an authentic re creation of some scenes from XXX Corp’s operation.
The basis of this convoy will be the same as 2014 and it will consist of British WWII vehicles and vehicles that were used by XXX Corps on the drive up from Lommel to Arnhem. Lessons learnt from 2014 have been discussed with the powers that be and we are looking forward to another historic event with fervor. This will be undertaken with a maximum of two convoys split up for the first two days, after which one large convoy will proceed further north.
At the moment, talks have taken place with some key players who are interested to see the proposal progressed further.
As our dear veterans are now reaching a significant advancement in their years, this will possibly be the last time we will have the opportunity to express our deepest gratitude to them for their considerable sacrifices that they made for our freedom today;
So if you are British infantry re enactors or a vehicle owner and you have your own authentic equipment and you would like to be considered for the next 2019 Operation Garden then please contact us now by e mail at info@ltf-hq.com and as soon as we have further information etc this will be forward on to you for your perusal.
For the moment, we are looking at 120 vehicles plus but until we gauge the amount of interest we will be unable at this moment in time to say how big the convoy will be. This “operation” will need to be run as a military operation and we believe that armed with the lessons learnt from the past event that this will be an even better event in 2019.
So, if you are interested, then just send an e mail to info@ltf-hq.com and we will be in touch as soon as we have further information available. Please bear in mind that the opportunities now for large convoys are few and far between, we are fortunate in that we enjoy a great deal of support in The Netherlands and we would hope that new and old friends alike will join us on this adventure following in the footsteps of XXX Corps.

Should you have any friends that missed the last tour and you think they might be interested then please pass this on.

Serious inquiries only please.

kind regards
Gerald D Przenislawski

Admin. www.ltf-hq.com LIBERATION TASK FORCE IS REGISTERED IN FRANCE -REG N° W351000538
Old 14-11-16, 09:09
Richard Harrison

Absolute no brainer..... I will be there !!

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).
Old 14-11-16, 10:08
Bluebell

Smile

With another carrier Richard?

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 14-11-16, 15:58
Richard Harrison

unfortunately no, even if one was to arrive on my door step tomorrow I would not have time to get it where I wanted it before the event.

besides I have a Cromwell ARV to drive for the event.

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).
Old 26-08-18, 12:33
MLU Administrator

Local newspaper publishes a heads-up for next year’s “Garden 75” event organized by Liberation Task Force.

https://www.bd.nl/uden/enorme-bevrij...den~afad724ff/

46EB9B7F-4BFA-4E14-BAE0-04CF43C2E453.jpeg
Old 07-03-19, 10:32

Hi, planing on registering the OYD for Market Garden 2019: https://omg2019.nl/en/.

Having never participated in a overseas event. I was wondering if there are any groups/convoys heading over from the UK that we could join/tag along with.

Does anyone know if there are there any plans to travel to Arnhem? As I cant see anything mentioned on the organizers site. It seems a shame to make the trip without visiting Arnhem.

We’re based in Cambridgeshire

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Tyler

Last edited by tyler1; 07-03-19 at 13:39.
Old 07-03-19, 11:35
MLU Administrator

Hello Tyler,

"OMG 2019" is another event, it is not the same as the "Garden 75" event organised by Liberation Task Force (http://www.ltf-hq.com/index.htm). I know there are many British participants coming over for Garden 75.

It may be best to contact the organisers of OMG 2019 via https://omg2019.nl/en/ ?

Re. taking a ferry, I would take the Harwich to Hook of Holland as it would save you a lot of driving.

HTH,
Hanno

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1 View Post
Hi, planing on registering the OYD for Market Garden 2019: https://omg2019.nl/en/.

Having never participated in a overseas event. I was wondering if there are any groups/convoys heading over from the UK that we could join/tag along with.

Does anyone know if there are there any plans to travel to Arnhem? As I cant see anything mentioned on the organizers site. It seems a shame to make the trip without visiting Arnhem.

We’re based in Cambridgeshire it seems ferry from Dover to Calais/Dunkirk main / best bet.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Tyler
Old 07-03-19, 11:41

Tyler,

It's a bit confusing, but please note that "Garden 75" (Liberation Task Force) and "OMG2019" are two different events.

OMG2019 has the finish in Nijmegen, but I presume Garden 75 will join the Ginkel Heath airborne remembrance, just like in 2014. In 2014 some of the vehicles from the Liberation task force also registered for the annual "race to the bridge" event, which does go to Oosterbeek and Arnhem Bridge.

Alex
Old 07-03-19, 12:21

Thanks for the reply's.

Quite a few people have now pointed me in the direction of "Garden 75" LTF which upon reading does seem the better option.

So I've just registered on the LTF "Garden 75" website, Hoping I'm not too late.

Is the annual "race to the bridge" event, which does go to Oosterbeek and Arnhem Bridge on this year?
Old 07-03-19, 12:53

Tyler,

The race to the Bridge is organised by the ABWO, Airborne Battle Wheels Oosterbeek. You will find their website and contact info here:

http://www.airbornebattlewheels.nl/

Alex