MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 15-05-19, 15:09

Default Dan McLaren's RV19, Sunderland Legion Anniversary & Decoration Day in Hamilton

Hello to All. A post to share the schedule of events that was published in OMVA's CMP Magazine #79 and some details on three of the events coming up soon.

Dan McLaren's RV19. For the 9th year, I (Dan) will be hosting RV at my place in Troy Ontario, just west of Hamilton. Originally scheduled for the weekend of May 24th - 26th, things are kind of wet/soggy on my property and I've rescheduled this for the following weekend, May 31st - June 2nd. RV is a weekend get together for those owning or interested in military vehicles. Camping is available onsite as well as nightly campfires. A convoy is held on the Saturday touring military institutions in the surrounding area. Although a lot come for the convoy, we have lots of room for tentage for those who want to camp overnight. Knowledge is abundant and stories are great. This event is not open to the general public but if you would like to attend or participate, please contact me (Dan) at dan@danmclaren.com or text at 905-379-4052. We would love to have you join us for the weekend.

Sunderland Legion Anniversary. Let me introduce myself. My name is Bill Davis and I am the Vice-President of the Sunderland Legion in Sunderland, Ontario. We are planning a 90th Anniversary/Reunion for our Legion Branch #141 and the 70th Anniversary of our Ladies Auxilliary on Saturday May 25, 2019 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm in the Sunderland Memorial Park. We invite owners of military vehicles to bring out their military vehicles for display and help make our celebration a memorable event. If you are able to help with this, we ask that you please arrive at the Sunderland Fairgrounds between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. There will be a complimentary BBQ. Sunderland is approximately 45 km north of Whitby along Hwy 12. For more info, please contact me at 705-357-3265 or by email at bill.madelainedavis@gmail.com Hope to see you there. Thanks.

Decoration Day, Hamilton Military Museum, Sunday June 9th. The museum has reached out to the OMVA to help organize the display of military vehicles for their event that honours the 100th anniversary of Decoration Day. Decoration Day is Canada’s original day of remembrance that recognizes veterans of our military. More info about Decoration Day can be found at www.decorationday.ca The museum will have various hands-on activities, exhibits and admission for the public will be free. Military vehicle owners are invited to participate by bringing their vehicle(s) out for display. This is not limited to just OMVA members/vehicles, all MV owners are welcome. Other expected participants will include the Vintage Signals Team and the Canadian Volunteer Cavalry Unit. The museum is located at the Dundurn National Historic Site, 610 York Boulevard, Hamilton, Ontario, L8R 3H1 and the event is being held from 12 pm to 4 pm. Those bringing a vehicle out for display should try to be there at least an hour before the event starts. There is plenty of room to accommodate many vehicles but to help better plan for this event, we kindly ask that you please let us know if you intend to participate. For more information contact Terry Witiuk by private message through MLU or by email at omva.cmp@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Schedule of Events for MLU.jpg  
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)

Last edited by Terry Witiuk; 15-05-19 at 23:51.
Old 27-05-19, 17:35

Default Update Dan McLaren's RV19, BIVOUAC & Schedule of Events

Hi All. Just a quick post with some updates.

Dan McLaren's RV19 for the weekend of June 1st & 2nd has been cancelled as the grounds at his place are still too wet to support camping or military vehicles. Dan passes along his regrets.

BIVOUAC 2019. As pointed out by Stuart Fedak, there is an error in the schedule of events that was posted at the start of this thread with regards to the date for BIVOUAC 2019. The event is August 17th & 18th. Stuart...Thanks for catching this...greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Schedule of Events for MLU.jpg  
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)