MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 31-08-05, 02:56

Default SCC2 colour match

Hi everyone.

I was comparing some colour chips at Home Depot today against a flash light that I have thats in SCC2. I found one in the Behr colour line. Its called "Burley Wood" S-H-700. It was extremely close to the NOS colour on the inside of the flashlight.

Anyway I thought this would be helpful as most of us should have access to Home Depot and can take the chip down to an automotive paint place and get it copied.
Attached Images

C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 05-09-05, 20:06
T-16, C15A

Default Eagle Has Landed

Jordan,

I was waiting for paperwork to be processed in the old CMP registration process, and had an opportunity to drop by Homeless Depot to snoop around.

They have plenty of good Carrier/truck resto stuff masquerading as home DIY parts!

I wandered around the paint department until some staff dirceted me to the paint chip depratment - I grabbed a selection of the Behr samples to compare to my C15. I had the truck moving towards the garage in the sunlight, and slipped the chips between the cab supports on a broad section with original lightly faded paint and selected S-H-730 "Eagle Rock", rather than the "Burley Wood" you did.

I thought it a bit browner.

I hope to get a bodyman over this week or next to speak to dent removal techniques, so I may have more paint news then.

Stewart