MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 18-10-21, 02:43
carrier mech

Default Ford Cab 13 ATT info requested

So I just unloaded a Ford 15cwt (thanks to Gordon Yeo for the tip....I needed another truck). The data plates indicate it was an Anti-tank tractor. The cargo box is from a different truck, but I'm assuming it is the same pattern box but perhaps stowage for the ammunition, the tooling, and perhaps some seating in the back for the gun crew.

I don't see the ATT listed in the AEDB books, so assume that is because they did not produce this variation thru to the end of the war. Does anyone have any information on the stowage for this model of truck?

The truck ran maybe 4 to 6 years ago, and has a recently rebuilt engine. It will need the usual like brakes, wiring, a fuel tank, and various brackets, but I can salvage most of that from another 15cwt I have here in the yard. I will start up the truck this week before tarping it for the impending winter.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0068.jpg   DSCF0069.jpg   DSCF0070.jpg   DSCF0071.jpg  
Old 18-10-21, 19:52

Rob,

Nice truck!

Do you have a copy of the Illustrated Parts List for D.N.D. Special Pattern Bodies?

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24667

If I recall correctly, the 15cwt section might have some of the info you desire.

I'll have a look for my copy this evening.

Colin
Old 18-10-21, 20:17

Rob,

Another potential source of info is some of the early NDHQ files.

Library and Archives Canada has this entry:
Secret and Confidential Subject Files, Army - Design and production of Department of National Defence mechanical vehicles for Canadian Active Service Force - 15 CWT bodies.
Date:
1940-1941
Reference:
RG24-C-1. File number: 8186-11. Microfilm reel number: C-8357.

The above file should be found somewhere within the 5664 pages of this microfilm (it appears that most of the files on this microfilm deal with early CMP production):
https://heritage.canadiana.ca/view/o...8357/3?r=0&s=1

Colin

Edit: The 15 cwt Body File starts at image 4213

Last edited by Colin Alford; 18-10-21 at 20:46. Reason: Found start of file
Old 19-10-21, 01:14
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Alford View Post
Rob,

Nice truck!

Do you have a copy of the Illustrated Parts List for D.N.D. Special Pattern Bodies?

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24667

If I recall correctly, the 15cwt section might have some of the info you desire.

I'll have a look for my copy this evening.

Colin
Colin
Good catch, I do have that manual sitting 5 feet away from me, (which I bought form that very ad no less) and there is a very small section which includes the ATT. Apparently there are a couple of ammunition bins, 4 extra seats, a pair of rifle racks, and a spare tire carrier (I am guessing for the gun) which are unique to the ATT. But alas, no photos.

I have Clive Law's CD of photos here somewhere...I'll run through it and see if there is anything. I also have a photocopied pile of papers somewhere that had some of the early body layouts....who knows, maybe it is in there.
Old 19-10-21, 14:34
Mariano Paz

Hi Rob, these extra seats? http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...607#post279607

1944 Ariel W/NG
1945 FGT FAT
Old 19-10-21, 15:33
carrier mech

Very possible, although without the backs. The manual lists 4 seats for the ATT, the cable layer, and 2 for the personnel carrier. But it only lists the 2 backs for the personnel carrier. I would guess that the seats on the wheel wells for the first two have back cushions (the manual lists two different cushions) and the two at the very front of the personnel carrier also have seat backs. There are 4 cushions listed for personnel carrier that would likely be for the seats on the wheel wells for that vehicle.

While the single seat assembly in the Personnel carrier look like the traditional cab seats, I note the rear cushions are a lot smaller. So thank you for the link, it looks like I will need 4 of the seats shown as the single seat assembly and mount them on the wheelwells.
Attached Thumbnails
seats for PC.jpeg  

Last edited by rob love; 19-10-21 at 15:39.
Old 06-11-21, 12:17
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
So thank you for the link, it looks like I will need 4 of the seats shown as the single seat assembly and mount them on the wheelwells.
Is this two?

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32962
Old 06-11-21, 14:33
carrier mech

Those would likely be the two that go on the floor forward of the two wheel wells. They would appear to be correct for the personnel body shown in the picture in my post, but not in the ATT. I suspect there will be stowage bins in those spots.

Last edited by rob love; 06-11-21 at 14:42.