MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 27-10-11, 13:29

Default Ottawa Military Heritage Show

The Ottawa Military Heritage show will be held on Sunday October 30th at the Nepean Sportsplex, 1701 Woodroffe Ave in Nepean from 0900 - 1500 hrs. A wide variety of international military memorabilia including badges, medals, books, uniforms, helmets, accessories, prints, bayonets, swords, etc. will be offered for sale from many vendors.

Admission is $8.00. Free parking. Refreshments available. Experts on hand to identify & appraise your military artifacts. Please note, NO FIREARMS OR EXPLOSIVES ARE PERMITTED.
Old 28-10-11, 00:03

Default Bawl sheeet.....( to be read with a Texas drawlllllll !!)

With Pickering on Saturday

....there goes my firewood weekend again !!!!
Canada
Old 30-10-11, 02:07
Gilles Chartrand

Come on Bob What would you rather do? Look for treasure or pile firewood.
Gilles
Old 30-10-11, 03:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
Come on Bob What would you rather do? Look for treasure or pile firewood.
Gilles
Choice 1 gives the warm glow of satisfaction finding the teasure. Choice 2 warms him at least twice, cutting and burning. Only one of the 2 choices keeps Joyce warm (and thus helps makes Bob happy).
Old 30-10-11, 03:03

Default Firewood is a treasure.....

... have you seen what they charge for firewood these days...?

Long time no hear Gilles...... how are you doing..... is your house ready yet..?

I heard you had been seen camping with the "Occupation" hippies at Condeferation park.

I will skip the Military show....too tired..... spent my allowances..... and need to earn "house miles" with the Frau....

Bob
Canada
Old 30-10-11, 15:01
Gilles Chartrand

Default Firewoods warms the heart and the butt

Yes I agree Bob the price of firewood is crazy and in the case of the Barn it is the best of heating options.
We moved into the new house on 1st Sep and we have been busy, we have done all the landscaping and the driveways are in. our biggest task was moving all the vehicles and then the remainder of the equipment,it took us 16 trips with the 30 ft gooseneck to get everything from Cantley Qc to Merrickville.
We originally put in a 250 x 150 ft parking but that's full and we will have to expand it next year. We will decide on the size of the garage we want during the winter and we will probably build in the spring. By the way the house is really nice.
Carolle and I love the Merrickville area, it is a small village and it never stops,there is always something going on during the weekend.
If anyone is in the Merrickville area please feel free to stop, we are very easy to find, once in the village go over the locks then at the stop turn left towards Smith Falls on Hwy 43 West go 4 kms and we are at 1183 County Road 43( Hwy 43) . If unsure just ask the locals where the guy with all the army trucks live.
When we first got here I had all the trucks lined up in the front yard and now when people ask where I live I simply say on Hwy 43 where all the army trucks are.
We are planning on having a get together this summer, Having taken as example your big field, we now have a big flat field good for camping etc,we are also making some trails and when I rent the backhoe this summer we are going to make some surprise obstacles. Now Carolle and I have to find a good date for the weekend event, suggestions are welcomed.
For the ladies there is a permanent CHRISTMAS store not far away and a lot of boutiques and stores in and near Merrickville.
Gilles