MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 25-12-07, 18:36

Default Intermittent access

Well, I am having significant difficulty accessing. Usually I come in through the link on the Canuck site, but no luck until just now in the last three days.
Old 26-12-07, 06:47
Vets Dottir 2nd

Just want to mention that something that works for me SOMETIMES when in here and suddenly getting "can't access", and same for other links in, or I can't get anything but can't get in, ... I go back into my browsers history of sites visited to the last MLU pages where I was actually in, click on them, and usually will be taken to that page ... refreshing "usually" brings up a new page and I'm in in the current time (right now) I'll try anything or trick to get back in here when kicked out
Old 28-12-07, 10:44
Vets Dottir 2nd

Well ... I've just had a really hard time accessing here. Finally in!

(Pssssssssst - Currently just eating the first I ever tasted chocolate covered expresso coffee beans that came in one of the gift baskets from you folks ogf MLU ... hmmmmmm ... addictive little things, these ... you folks do know how to butter me up ... and keep me up if I still keep eating them ,,,, hmmmm ... just gotta have ONE more now )
Old 28-12-07, 13:14
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir 2nd
Well - Currently just eating the first I ever tasted chocolate covered expresso coffee beans ... hmmmmmm ... addictive little things, these )
Chocolate covered coffee beans???

What do you do, snort them or inject them?
Old 28-12-07, 13:20
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Chocolate covered coffee beans???

What do you do, snort them or inject them?
pop them in your mouth and bite down through the strong dark chocolate til you feel the crunch of the bean and the strong coffee bean taste and aroma hits you ... I'VE BEEN TOTALLY BLISSED!!!
Old 29-12-07, 00:24
M38A1 CDN3

I, too, am still having trouble logging in to MLU.

Right now, as some others have found out, one can get in using tortuga.

Lord knows, I've tried back doors, Firefox, other links, etc ...no luck.

Last time I looked, I wasn't even listed as being on board, at the bottom of the main page.

Sunray has sent a couple of e-mails...but nothing that helps to get me into MLU in the "normal" way.

Yikes!
Old 29-12-07, 00:35
RIP

Finally back in again. Last week or so has been almost impossible. However I'm sure it will be sorted out.
Bob
Website owner - salesmanbob.com
Old 29-12-07, 01:07
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
I
Last time I looked, I wasn't even listed as being on board, at the bottom of the main page.

Yikes!
Hi Jon and others,

For the record, I try different access links and often have to login to MLU through each different link. Sometimes it shows me as logged in, and I am/was through the last access link and visit, but not through THIS one now. And like you, sometimes I'm not showing onboard either. Sigh. Am logging in all the time getting dizzy
Old 29-12-07, 02:07
OPPS!!!

Unhappy WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS

those choc coffee beans are rather good, just keep them away from all forms of children or they start bouncing off the roof! This is only the second time I have been able to log on in a week, am feeling rather dprived. must be all the christmas hakkers filling up the net! We must be stuffing up Gif's xmas something shocking!
Old 29-12-07, 03:27
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Treasure
those choc coffee beans are rather good, just keep them away from all forms of children or they start bouncing off the roof! This is only the second time I have been able to log on in a week, am feeling rather deprived. must be all the christmas hackers filling up the net! We must be stuffing up Jif's xmas something shocking!
No worries mate, you and the rest of the Aussie mob here have me good 'n stuffed most of the time anyway!

My people are still monitoring, have not found anything specific, although suspect a connection problem someplace... it has to be local to them rather than us, although I can't explain the fact that the timeouts keep happening in rotation between places in North America, Australia and Yurrup. I'm on it, no worries; in the interim, each of you ensure you have the following alternate links bookmarked for when a refresh takes longer than a minute or two:

http://tortuga.dnsrouter.com/~mlu/forums

http://www.class-five.com/~mlu/forums

I want to upgrade the software and play with that before I plan anything drastic, although it's certain that this can't go on forever no matter what.

And that's my story...

Old 29-12-07, 04:08
Vets Dottir 2nd

Great to have an update! Thanks Master Sunray aka Jif.

NOTE TO ALL:

I've been thinking a lot about MLUers in here having trouble accessing etc, for any important daily threads or important PM exchanges they may have been frustratingly trying to follow or do.

What I would do (and actually will do individually for anyone desperate to keep on top of threads and stuff) is arrange with some folks in here to keep you posted on the threads you are watching maybe even copying/pasting to an email to you if you find you rarely can get in and it's really important for you to have the info asap . Forum really does suck for access for many, off and on, for hours and even days but you want to be up to date and current with important stuff. None of us are all locked out at the same time so some access always seems to be happening fro someone

PM-s ... well, emailing rather than PM-ing each other is a way to guarantee communication gets through when you want and nedd it to while MLU is so iffy access. Email buddies?

Anyways ... I am available and my offer is open to anyone in here and I'm home lots and online except for rare times I sleep for long stretches If it becomes too much/many for me, I'll let you know, but am into giving it a shot for my MLU friends! takes two shakes to copy post a thread into an email in my yahoo and send to you
Old 08-01-08, 10:35
Andrew

Default what was that ?

What happened then ?
seems to have shut down the whole system and kicked everyone off
came up with software errors and database errors for about an hour

Custodian of the "Rare and Rusty"
Old 08-01-08, 10:50
Vets Dottir 2nd

I dunno. I still have yes/no/maybe so with MLU access though.

ALSO ... I have been having my own problems with net connectivity, period, tonight/ this morning. Very glitchy. Maybe the weather effecting Telus (my server)

Hope you have no more problems though ....
Old 08-01-08, 11:02

6pm local Queensland time the site was not able to be accessed on any of the 3 addresses I have (the main front door entry and two back door entries) I tried for 15minutes then gave up.

8pm now and I got back in via the front door.

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 08-01-08, 11:10
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff 8pm now and I got back in via the front door. [/B]
WELCOME HOME CLIFF!

(frustrating about the forum glitchyness though!
Old 08-01-08, 11:36
WO8 C15A 142736

I haven't had any complete failures but need to use back door about 50% of the time.
Old 08-01-08, 11:49
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by hrpearce
I haven't had any complete failures but need to use back door about 50% of the time.
Shouldn't all you Aussies come in through the basement door - shorter more direct trip and access to our Canadian door ?
Old 08-01-08, 11:54
OPPS!!!

Talking F.....G Computers

(frustrating about the forum glitchyness though! [/B][/QUOTE]

Mabe the net just don't like us!

Finding the problem must be harder than trying to hear a knock in a ford flathead while driving down a corrigated road without an engine cover!
Old 08-01-08, 11:58
OPPS!!!

Talking Tunneling

Quote:
Shouldn't all you Aussies come in through the basement door - shorter more direct trip and access to our Canadian door ?
If there was a shorter way we would visit more often, be careful what you wish for!
Old 08-01-08, 13:17
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: Tunneling

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Treasure
If there was a shorter way we would visit more often, be careful what you wish for!

Hmmmmm ... true. BUT if you come through bearing Tim Tams for Moi Ma then :witch doors open 24/7 for Tim Tams bearing Ozzies ... Come on in, come one come ALL!!!!
Old 08-01-08, 14:48
OPPS!!!

Talking Re: Re: Tunneling and timtams

Quote:
Hmmmmm ... true. BUT if you come through bearing Tim Tams for Moi Ma then :witch doors open 24/7 for Tim Tams bearing Ozzies ... Come on in, come one come ALL!!!!
On the 11th day god created CMP's, Half an hour later he created TIMTAMS!
Attached Thumbnails
img_0859.jpg  
Old 08-01-08, 17:46

Default Re: what was that ?

Quote:
Originally posted by aj.lec
What happened then ?
seems to have shut down the whole system and kicked everyone off
came up with software errors and database errors for about an hour
Sounds like a cold boot... maybe they fixed something?

What happens is that the Forum is run off a software set called 'MySQL', which is really just the database and its associated query tools. It's quite efficient, but has to be restarted separately after the server itself is rebooted and confirmed up & running.

Anyway, I was asleep at the time so it didn't actually happen, did it? Besides, it's only you scalliwags Downunder who were affected (you don't have the sense to sleep when the Real World sleeps), so it doesn't really matter...

Old 08-01-08, 20:34

Default Re: Re: what was that ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
it's only you scalliwags Downunder who were affected (you don't have the sense to sleep when the Real World sleeps), so it doesn't really matter...

Real World? who gives a $^&&%^%$ about the real world when we know we have the Best world of all downunder!!!!!!

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 11-01-08, 10:26
James Plush

I have been having a terrible time getting access recently . If i am very lucky i can get once every day or two . I hope it gets fixed soon i am having trouble not getting my daily fix of all things MLU .
Old 11-01-08, 11:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Plushy
I have been having a terrible time getting access recently . If i am very lucky i can get once every day or two . I hope it gets fixed soon i am having trouble not getting my daily fix of all things MLU .
Plushy.... check the link you're using. One of these two SHOULD work -- when one's slow the other usually goes (there's no pattern to it I can detect as yet but am still watching):

http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/

http://tortuga.dnsrouter.com/~mlu/forums/
Old 11-01-08, 18:09

Default It is pretty easy to tell when MLU has been down

It is pretty obvious when the MLU server has been down for any amount of time. If the number of post for a 12 hour period is much below 15 then it has been off or difficult to reach for a couple of hours at least. Norm for 24 hours looks to be 24-26 posts.

If there are a normal number of posts when I have not been able to get in or gotten an error message then I know pretty well that the problem has been with my internet provider.

This group of people is pretty prolific in responding to forum posts it almost like an open dialog or a giant party line telephone where people are picking up the phone every now and then to see what the neighbors are saying.

From a more general sense it is easy for our families to know when MLU is down, signs include irritability, inability to focus on conversations, agitations and sudden cravings to be working out in the garage. In other words sever MLU withdrawal symptoms.
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 13-01-08, 09:05
Vets Dottir 2nd

Hi all ... I just had two PM notifications delivered to my email FROM DEC 31st afternoon!!!! Late delivery or what, eh?

Anyone else getting delayed notifications from the forum? Just curious

Old 14-01-08, 00:05

I can't access most days and early evenings European time at the moment.

e-mails indicating replies on watched threads are getting through but I can't get in, even by clicking on the link.

I'm not having problems of this nature anywhere else.

By the way, I'm getting a lot of spam lately trying to sell me prescription drugs at Canadian prices. For Gawd's sake someone tell them that I can't get a prescription for Malt Whisky so I'm not interested !
Old 14-01-08, 00:16
Vets Dottir 2nd

I can't gain access to the forum through links in the email notifications either. Haven't been able to for a long time. I have to use the bookmarked links or enter another url in the browser

Rich, have you bookmarked or jotted down the urls that Geoff gave a couple of posts back? The tortuga one seems most likely to gain access, at least for me it's the one that works more often than not. I suggest you keep the urls he listed for future need to try if you haven't already

Old 14-01-08, 00:22

Thanks Karmen, I'll try those links.

This is a new problem for me. The e-mail links have always worked really well until just recently, in fact until last week, I don't think I've ever had a problem with one.

Has something changed ?

Rich