Large 14 48.28%
Extra-Large 11 37.93%
Other 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-04-09, 20:26
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default MLU Shirts

Hi all... based on our last survey, I've decided to get off the pot and order some golf shirts to-start... they will be followed - as quick as finances allow - with hats then t-shirts (the latter a different design than the golf shirts). After that...?? We'll see.

What I'd like now is a rough survey of the sizes you wish as per the poll above. I will advise availability and prices as soon as I have a solid quote. If you have any further comments to make (particularly if you choose 'other'), include them here!

BTW, no matter where you are in the world, we will find a way to get them to you ASAP...

Thanks,

Jif
Old 19-04-09, 21:26

Talking said tongue in cheek

from what I've seen of members in photos you better order more of the extra large ones Jif!

I'd better get ready for plenty of &

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 19-04-09, 22:31
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default shirts-

what colour ?

If I may suggest red, they'd make a great "friday" shirt...

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 19-04-09, 23:19
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Wink Ditto..

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie fitton View Post
what colour ?

If I may suggest red, they'd make a great "friday" shirt...
I'd like ...1..shirt..2xl...red with pocket..(Must have pocket)..
No Red..no pocket,..no sale..
Old 19-04-09, 23:21

Wink Cliff's shirt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff View Post
from what I've seen of members in photos you better order more of the extra large ones Jif!

I'd better get ready for plenty of &
Jif..
Order Cliff's shirt with a turtle neck..so it can be rolled up as a gag...

Old 19-04-09, 23:41
RIP

Hi Sunray

Just 'voted' for large. I will take two. Preference is one red and one black. I don't like pockets but will go with whatever you can find.
Thnx,
Clive
Old 20-04-09, 18:05
T-16, C15A

Default 2 for Stewart in XL

Jif,

I would take 2 in XL, red, gray, or whatever.

Pockets? We don't need no stinkin' pockets ...

Stewart
Old 20-04-09, 22:23
WO8 C15A 142736

Stewart some of us need to carry reading glasses and the hip pocket in your trousers isn't practical if you tend to be forgetful
Old 20-04-09, 23:38
metal urgest

Geoff,

I would take two large, in red and some other dark colour.

Perry
Old 21-04-09, 00:46

Default MLU Stickers

This is a bit off topic, but I was wondering if the MLU stickers were still available and how to proceed to order some? Thanks.

1942 Harley 42WLC
1943 Welbike Mk2
10-cwt Canadian GS trailer
Old 21-04-09, 02:17
Mr. HUP

Default Shirts

Since I am in the spending mood...three please - one large, one medium and one small.
Old 21-04-09, 04:07

Talking

look at that almost all large sizes and 1 turtle neck!....WadidItellyah!!!!!

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 21-04-09, 06:04
Terry

Talking

Well Geoff Im thinkin Im gonna need size XL ......... sorry to say maybe 20 years ago a med but well like tires when they get low on air things get chubbier at the bottom

BUT am I missing out on the color thing or is it just me ??

Maybe instead of red, grey how about KHAKI is that not more MV colorish ?

also what are you planning on putting on them logo wise other than the MLU decal if anything else ?

Good plan ........... keep us up to date on price and color
options.

1942ish F15441-M
Old 21-04-09, 13:05

Default Red Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBlitz View Post
Well Geoff Im thinkin Im gonna need size XL ......... sorry to say maybe 20 years ago a med but well like tires when they get low on air things get chubbier at the bottom

BUT am I missing out on the color thing or is it just me ??

Maybe instead of red, grey how about KHAKI is that not more MV colorish ?

also what are you planning on putting on them logo wise other than the MLU decal if anything else ?

Good plan ........... keep us up to date on price and color
options.

Terry...

"BUT am I missing out on the color thing or is it just me ??"

I don't know what part of BC you live in but have you been under a rock too long...??

http://www.redfridays.ca/

Last edited by Alex Blair (RIP); 22-04-09 at 02:44.
Old 21-04-09, 20:32

Default mlu shirts

Jiff can I please order 1 x XL and 1 x M...best regards malcolm
Old 21-04-09, 22:33
Derek Heuring

Default For those of us over 6'...

...can you order some in "Tall" lengths? When I order the standard Large shirts I soon look like Baby Huey doing plumbing when I bend over. A Large/Tall would suit me nicely if possible. If not, could I simply order a crest or two to sew onto shirt(s) I buy personnally? Thanks, Derek.
Old 22-04-09, 00:57
Terry

Well Alex this Red Fridays is all new news to me thanks for the heads up , guess I do live under a rock , BUT in the same breath maybe next time a smiley face would be nice behind a comment to know you are just kiddin around, should not be this serious its only a shirt

Terry in BC land of Big rocks

1942ish F15441-M
Old 22-04-09, 02:51

Default Info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBlitz View Post
Well Alex this Red Fridays is all new news to me thanks for the heads up , guess I do live under a rock , BUT in the same breath maybe next time a smiley face would be nice behind a comment to know you are just kiddin around, should not be this serious its only a shirt

Terry in BC land of Big rocks
Terry..
To those of us that served..Red Fridays are very serious..and it is not only a shirt..but a red shirt...a symbol of respect..
If was unbelievable to me that any Canadian did not know or recognize the reference to the colour red ,and what it stood for...but we all have to learn ..so here is a smiley for you..
Old 22-04-09, 03:23
Terry

Alex

To this all I can say is Ive never served and for your and all who served I say thank you , Im just a fellow looking for a new hobby in MV and have met many folk willing to help me and this is as good as its gonna get
for now, to old to serve but am as Canadian as they come weather I wear a red shirt or not ....... sorry

on the rest like I said guess Ive been under a BC rock ......... subject closed

1942ish F15441-M
Old 22-04-09, 20:38

Default red shirts for a friday

well I can tell you something Ill wager you havnt served as long as me!secondly I dont live under no rock!and I still dont know what it is about wearing a red shirt on a friday!!!is this just a north-american thing....please take the time to explain best regards malcolm
Old 22-04-09, 21:03

Default Red Friday..

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm erik bogaert View Post
well I can tell you something Ill wager you havnt served as long as me!secondly I dont live under no rock!and I still dont know what it is about wearing a red shirt on a friday!!!is this just a north-american thing....please take the time to explain best regards malcolm
Mally B..
(And I won't get into a pissing match over service)
Here is how it started ..by a couple of wives whose husbands were serving in Afghanistan...

Quote:
Red Friday

Just keeping you "in the loop" so you'll know what's going on in case this takes off.(This was posted in '06... Has anyone heard of Red Friday's?
« on: April 18, 2006, 23:31:48 »)

RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Canadians who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing. We get no liberal media coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions.

Many Canadians, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of Canadians supporting our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.. Every red-blooded Canadian who supports our men and women afar will wear something red

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make Canada on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long before Canada is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers. Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear some thing red every Friday.

Wearing red on Friday is like giving our troops a huge round of applause
by Lisa Brazeau

Like an undulating ocean of red and CADPAT green, a literal sea of supporters flowed down Petawawa Boulevard waving Canadian flags, banners and handmade signs.

In an impressive show of appreciation for the men and women of the CF and their families, thousands turned out for a homegrown Red Friday Rally and March of Military Appreciation, filling the parking lot at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 517, Petawawa with the signature colour.

“Wearing red on Friday is like giving our troops a huge round of applause,” said Lisa Miller who along with Karen Boire brought Canada-wide attention to the grassroots Red Fridays Campaign. “When we all wear red together, it adds volume to our voices in colour. It speaks of our support, our pride and our appreciation for our Canadian Forces members and their families.”

Ms. Miller and Ms. Boire, the “Red Friday Ladies”, worked closely with 580 CFRA last year to bring a massive Ottawa Red Friday rally to Parliament Hill, and wanted to bring the initiative to the home front where so many have seen their loved ones deploy to Afghanistan, and so many soldiers have paid the ultimate sacrifice. “No matter how many people show up, whether it be 15 or 15 000, it makes the rally, and the message we're sending, a success,” noted Ms. Boire.

Like ‘Red Fridays’, the local rally also garnered national attention; among the dignitaries were Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Defence Minister Gordon O'Connor, and Chief of the Defence Staff General Rick Hillier.

“These rallies and all the other demonstrations of support are immensely important to those of us in uniform and I don't need to tell this crowd about sacrifice, service or duty. You live it every day,” said Colonel Denis Thompson, 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group commander, who through personal experience, attested to the positive impact local support has had on morale overseas. “It's significant, it does resonate here, and frankly it gives our efforts real meaning.”

To date, successful Red Friday rallies have been held in numerous communities. The Prime Minister applauded the Petawawa community not just for fanning the flames of the Red Friday movement, “but because of the incredible strength and support this community has displayed over the past 12 months while hundreds of troops from CFB Petawawa have been deployed in Afghanistan,” he said.

“I know that it hasn't been easy. This community has had more losses to mourn than any other base in this country. But you have stood firm in support of our troops because you're so proud of them and you should be.”

He spoke of the numerous unsung heroes in Afghanistan, not just Canadians but everyone who has had a part in helping the Afghan people reclaim and rebuild their war ravaged country. He also noted that nine soldiers from the base were recently honoured for their service overseas.

It’s progress made possible, too, by the support Canadians have for their military and the mission in Afghanistan, said Mr. O'Connor. “I've been to Afghanistan three times, and I can tell you how important it is for our troops over there to know that this mission has the support of Canadians, a mission that is critical to the future of Afghanistan,” he said. “Today, through this rally, we can remind our troops that we are behind them 100 percent.”

The rally, he added, is also an opportunity to acknowledge the sacrifices made by military families, and the “vital support they provide to our men and women in uniform, sustaining them while they carry out their duties. Thank them for all they do to keep the Canadian Forces strong.”
MB..
google Red Friday and get much more info if you are interested..
Old 22-04-09, 21:14

Quote:
Easy, Mally... yes, it's actually a uniquely Canadian thing, instituted largely by word-of-mouth since we began taking battle casualties in Afghanistan. It's been a tremendous driver in getting the population behind our troops for the first time in more than a generation... Alex was only surprised because another Canadian - one here on MLU to-boot - was not aware of the effort.

Regards the MLU shirts, the point has been more than made that in honour of not just those young men and women putting themselves in harm's way today, but in fact in honour of all those who have in past, one of MLU's colours be red. I concur and accept this ad-hoc request, and will comply. To start with, the golf shirts will be available in red or black.

To answer another question, on the golf shirts themselves - which are by nature conservative, 'dressier', and not given to 'advertising' - there will be only the MLU logo on the left breast. The t-shirts to follow, on the other hand, will be two-sided, with a great design I've already roughed out...

To answer yet another question, I'm already trying to establish the status of more decals - one can never have enough!

Jif
Old 23-04-09, 21:23

Default Re: Decals - Stickers

Hi Geoff,

I've just been in touch with Chris Vickery who told me that he still has some.
I'll be getting them from him. Thanks.

1942 Harley 42WLC
1943 Welbike Mk2
10-cwt Canadian GS trailer
Old 24-04-09, 20:14

Default red respect on a friday

Thanks chaps for takeing the time to explain this...hopefully as you say it will take off...perhaps worldwide!I wont get into a slanging match over Afghanistan or Iraq...its bloody criminal our fine lads have to lay down there lives for such shit-holes!however if they have to go then they will have our 10% support...maybe's I should paint my champ red! best regards to al malcolm
Old 24-04-09, 20:25

Quote:
Thanks chaps for takeing the time to explain this...hopefully as you say it will take off...perhaps worldwide!I wont get into a slanging match over Afghanistan or Iraq...its bloody criminal our fine lads have to lay down there lives for such shit-holes!however if they have to go then they will have our 10% support...maybe's I should paint my champ red! best regards to al malcolm
No worries, mate! I think we agree that Iraq has turned into a mess, but the West in there HAS done some good work in past - the future remains uncertain there, though. Afghanistan on the other hand is a different kettle of fish... our people have accomplished miracles compared to what was there before, and while it's hard to justify the sacrifices of our young men and women in such inhospitable circumstances, most who have been there seem to think they're making a difference. That's good enough for me...

BTW, I hope you meant to type 100% rather than 10%...
Old 26-04-09, 12:30
Addicted to Drab

Default Another Large red

Jiff,

Put me down for a Large Red job for me....

Thanks

Mike Timoshyk
Old 26-04-09, 18:23

Default red fridays..

Jiff yes 100% and more.....hosted our first show of the season today...Im sunburnt...good turnout.....lots of variety...and a very nice ILAH Kuberlwagen...cheers malcolm PS we flew a red pennant
Old 26-04-09, 19:02

Quote:
and a very nice ILAH Kuberlwagen
... hmm, do you mean a VW Kübelwagen of the LAH (Leibstandarte A** Hi**)?

www.wheelsandtracks.com
>> Condor A580 M+85691 (1952), Swiss Army Motorbike (unrestored)
>> F15 1942 Aust (Cab 13) ::: restored by Keefy
Old 01-05-09, 05:13
'40 Ford F8, 4 x 2

Default LAH Kubelwagen

You mean one like this one?
Attached Thumbnails
MVC-070S.JPG  
Closed Thread