MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 02-12-07, 22:09

I feel better already just for the viewing.

Wish I could make it there.

All the best chaps

Regards

Col
Old 02-12-07, 22:27
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Great Night at Gracie's

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
... so I guess you haven't stopped licking your screen yet ...

... I'll piss off now and go shovel the snow I guess ...
My screen will never tell. Did we have fun outside, Marky? Build any snowmen?
Old 02-12-07, 22:27
Mr. HUP

Default Manners

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
PS: Next time you asshole, (a), more than 3 daze notice and (b), reserve the tall, lithe, long-haired blonde, PUL-LEEEZ!!!! (pretty please?? I'll buy yer beer...)

Of course you mean that in the best possible sense...Geoff, I can't begin to list the virtues of the young lasses serving our mead last night. Photos don't do them justice. They are still mopping up the drool from Alex's station.

Enough torture. As a peace offering, I send this warning order: There will be a Rotters Gracie's call in Feb 08. Tentative date: 23 Feb 08. One week after "chick week" and in the middle of the crappiest weather in Ottawa - Winterlude (usually turns into Waterlude) will be in full swing.

Rotters! Let the whining begin - tell me why you can't make it. Use of lame excuses such as "I have to go to Kenya" will cost you a drink!
Old 02-12-07, 22:33

Default Re: Manners

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
Enough torture. As a peace offering, I send this warning order: There will be a Rotters Gracie's call in Feb 08. Tentative date: 23 Feb 08. One week after "chick week" and in the middle of the crappiest weather in Ottawa - Winterlude (usually turns into Waterlude) will be in full swing.

Rotters! Let the whining begin - tell me why you can't make it. Use of lame excuses such as "I have to go to Kenya" will cost you a drink!
"Mr. Chairman, Start Your Thread!"
Old 02-12-07, 23:20
Vets Dottir 2nd

There's more than a foot of snow here right now (since last night) and the snow is just now coming down heavier/fatter. Wonder how much more is to come? Hmmmmm ... if you don't have enough shoveling in London., Marko, there's lots for you here
Old 03-12-07, 00:25
a Canuck/Brit in Blighty

I thought we armed our border guards, then I remembered it was only on the 'murican frontier. There is nothing stopping evil agents from the east bringing snow making devices to Lotus Land. Our secret agent Colin has let us down. Fortunately we have a doomsday device called the "Pineapple Express" which is to drop over 100 mm of warm rain in the next 24 hours to defeat the eastern attack.
Old 03-12-07, 00:31

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce MacMillan
I thought we armed our border guards, then I remembered it was only on the 'murican frontier. There is nothing stopping evil agents from the east bringing snow making devices to Lotus Land. Our secret agent Colin has let us down. Fortunately we have a doomsday device called the "Pineapple Express" which is to drop over 100 mm of warm rain in the next 24 hours to defeat the eastern attack.
We just have to keep reminding you lot that despite living in a mutant parallel universe out there in Leftyland, you actually have some connection to us "normal" Eastern Types.

Sort of.

Well, at least on paper.

In theory then?

Bloody hell, I give up...
Old 03-12-07, 00:34

Quote:
Whoa, Hoss.... ye had me fooled for a minute there... just what does this have to do with lithe, lanky, long-haired blondes? Enquiring minds want to know...
Old 03-12-07, 00:45
Paul

Default Re:- Long haired blondes

Geoff,

They are trying to distract you so they can steal her for themselves

Exert your "ossifer's" rights!!!

Paul.
Old 03-12-07, 00:56

Default Re: Re:- Long haired blondes

Quote:
Originally posted by PPS
Geoff,

They are trying to distract you so they can steal her for themselves

Exert your "ossifer's" rights!!!

Paul.
Oh, is that all... no worries then mate, they're just Left-Coasters and really don't have any idea where Ottawa is anyway.

Which is, come to think of it, not a bad way of looking at things, for the most part. They are a little peculiar up there.

Then again, except of course, for the aforementioned er... benefits...

... Maybe I'll double the guard, just as an exercise, y'know...
Old 03-12-07, 02:49
a Canuck/Brit in Blighty

As intel ossifer for the left coast i have discovered that there are two Gracies in Ottawaaawaaa! Your measly attempt to focus on blonds did not distract me from noticing Brigitte is a short hair brunette, not a long hair blond. Our agent Colin is only smiling at the wool (or rayon out east) that he pulled over your eyes.

Just check his baggage for parts before he leaves.
Old 03-12-07, 15:27

Quote:
As intel ossifer for the left coast i have discovered that there are two Gracies in Ottawaaawaaa! Your measly attempt to focus on blonds did not distract me from noticing Brigitte is a short hair brunette, not a long hair blond. Our agent Colin is only smiling at the wool (or rayon out east) that he pulled over your eyes.

Just check his baggage for parts before he leaves.
BE ADVISED:

(1) TWO GRACIES' -- A now obviously effective diversionary tactic, deliberate in its making and devastating in its import;

(2) BRIGITTE -- The lovely Brigitte, she of the flashing eyes and raven hair, whose mastery of the Black Arts has been only truly appreciated by her victims as they writhe and gibber before her at the command of the Imperial Rotters;

(3) WOOL -- Nae, not over Rotter Eyes, which are all-seeing through psychic commands transmitted to and from our omniscient blonde hostesses;

(4) PARTS -- Fear not, Sir, all parts in the Ottawa Valley are under fearsome guard from the attentions of each other alone, and n'one else shall ever thus partake upon the Motherlode.

THUS SPAKE JIF.
Old 04-12-07, 14:52

Default Re; ALL BEFORE

Rotters and Others;
Since becoming one of the vast Legion of "Ret'd Svc Mbrs" my travels on the Queens nickel have been somewhat curtailed. I can only fondly remember the gather-ups( albeit dimly) at Gracies. However, as a now serving mbr of the vast Legion of "RSMs", and employed as a PEC(pussy-eyed civie), my travels will soon resume. I will endeavour to organize/attend a "conference" of some dubious quality in the general environs of the a/m establishment sometime early in the New Year, hopefully to coincide with the early Feb date mentioned in a previous post. Ok' I'll cut to the chase - I wish all members of the Rotters both inner and outer circles, the Merriest of Christmases and with any luck(and planning) I'll see you all in the New Year.
Cheers, Bill
Old 04-12-07, 15:01
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re; ALL BEFORE

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mulholland
Rotters and Others;
Since becoming one of the vast Legion of "Ret'd Svc Mbrs" my travels on the Queens nickel have been somewhat curtailed. I can only fondly remember the gather-ups( albeit dimly) at Gracies. However, as a now serving mbr of the vast Legion of "RSMs", and employed as a PEC(pussy-eyed civie), my travels will soon resume. I will endeavour to organize/attend a "conference" of some dubious quality in the general environs of the a/m establishment sometime early in the New Year, hopefully to coincide with the early Feb date mentioned in a previous post. Ok' I'll cut to the chase - I wish all members of the Rotters both inner and outer circles, the Merriest of Christmases and with any luck(and planning) I'll see you all in the New Year.
Cheers, Bill
Hello Willy!!
We thought that the sardines got you...
Wishing you and yours a great Christmas..Looking forward to your next trip.
Make sure you have your chains in your saddle bags for your bike on your Feb.visit..
You were sorely missed at Gracies..The girls were in tears when they found out you weren't coming.

Old 04-12-07, 15:24

Default Re: etc, etc

Alex; The girls were in tears?!! Man, the great flood had nothing on me after perusing the pics of the ("gathering")! Got the bike in the shop for some heavy duty 2nd/3rd line maintenance in prep for the Spring travels. Have a good one Buddy, and I'll be in touch!
Cheers, "Burton Bill"
Old 04-12-07, 17:56
Mr. HUP

Default Re: Re; ALL BEFORE

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mulholland
Rotters and Others;
... I wish all members of the Rotters both inner and outer circles, the Merriest of Christmases and with any luck(and planning) I'll see you all in the New Year.
Cheers, Bill
Jauntily sporting one Rotters chapeau, one would hope...It is shaping up into an interesting New Year. Enjoy your Christmas.
Old 05-12-07, 18:38
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default I won't be in Kenya...

I'll be in Mali! No, not Maui , MALI Home of Timbuktou and not much else.

Departing on 5 Feb so if'n we can have an ogling session prior to that I'll be there with bells on! Might even have ANOTHER slide show!

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 05-12-07, 19:15

Default Re: I won't be in Kenya...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunner
Mali - Home of Timbuktou and not much else.
Mike,
How could you ignore the delights of Bamako?
If that gets to be too much for you, hop across the border into Burkina Faso and sample Ouagadougou (mispronounced as "wag the dog"???).
Or you can hop the other way into Mauritania and Senegal (if the dates are right) and watch all the crazies of the Dakar Rally zoom by in a cloud of dust.
http://www.dakar.com/2008/DAK/presen...-parcours.html
Old 05-12-07, 19:54
Mr. HUP

Default Gunner News?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunner
I'll be in Mali! No, not Maui , MALI Home of Timbuktou and not much else.

Departing on 5 Feb so if'n we can have an ogling session prior to that I'll be there with bells on! Might even have ANOTHER slide show!
When are you going to spill the beans on your new "toy'?