68473.6359702 poundals/sqft.
Visibility: 88 skeins

R.
Gloworm..
Did you bump your head...???
Old 28-11-04, 09:56

Default Bumped head

Alex

These are all perfectly good English measurements with the exception of the Kelvin, shame on you R.
Why not in good old F.

Here in rural Oxfordshire we don't need any units at all..... we just go out and look to see which way them birds be floding, if they be going North and there be cloud on them downs it'll be a raining afore scran time,.......... oh and it may also bring an anti cyclonic system down from the north so there may be night air frost as well, probably 10 F below mean ambient for the time of year as a rough approximation.

Pete
Old 28-11-04, 10:08
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Nippy Out, not really.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Gloworm..
Did you bump your head...???
Good gracious me, no!

Judicious use of http://www.calculator.org/properties.html which handily converted for me respectively:
10ºC & 8ºC to degrees Kelvin.
5mph to F/F and SE being 225º to radians.
1019mB to pdl/sqft and 6miles to 88Sk, a more handy figure than perhaps 1.02066624033e-12 light/years or even 3.12927420505e-13 parsecs.

R.
Old 28-11-04, 10:15
Richard Notton

Default Re: Bumped head

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ashby
Alex

These are all perfectly good English measurements with the exception of the Kelvin, shame on you R.
Why not in good old F.
Well, I do have to hold my hand up to that one; but surprised to see the Canadian colonialists using ºC and mB rather than ºF and in/Hg.
Quote:
Here in rural Oxfordshire we don't need any units at all.....
Ah, the other method in southern rural 'Ampshur is:

If you can see the Isle of Wight its going to rain, if you can't see the Isle of Wight it is raining.

R.
Old 23-06-15, 20:23

Default Who says people don't read old threads

Hi All

Just got an e-mail from someone very nicely correcting a link to the UK Met Office the correct link is http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/ now that someone took the time to send and e-mail to correct an incorrect link is very nice.

But the posts with incorrect links in them are several years old, like 2004.

So if your looking for the weather in the UK try http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/ which seems to work.

Bye the way how is the weather where you are today.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 23-06-15, 22:06

Default Speaking of weather....

....are you getting blown around today Phil....?

Lucky everything coming from Detroit. Windsor. Toronto has blown South of Ottawa...... we have Sun and very high winds!!!

Cheers
Canada
Old 23-06-15, 22:08

Default This is a delayed response to Chris making jokes of....

.....my goberment basket weaving experience.

Quote:
Periodic Table of Elements

Scientists at CERN in Geneva have announced the discovery of the HEAVIEST element yet known to science!

The new element is Governmentium (Gv). It has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lefton-like particles called peons.

Since Governmentium has no electrons or protons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes in contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction, normally taking less than a second, to take from four days to four years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2-6 years. It does not decay but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.

When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons. All of the money is consumed in the exchange, and no other by-products are produced.
Canada
Old 23-06-15, 23:47

Default Weather Here In New Hampshire

Hi Bob

Weather here today is little warm and humid, relative humidity around 90 % temperatures low to mid 80s relative humidity so high that if you open the freezer door the fog bank that rolls out is thick enough that you can loose a small cat in the fog. The heck with "fog comes on little cats feet" of the poem, whole cat will disappear.

Thunder storms this morning and starting up again now, but where we are the storms seem to hit the mountain range and break and go either side.

As to the critical mass of politics, with New Hampshire's first in the nation primary even with it 18 months till the general elections, they give presidential candidate warnings with the morning weather reports. Generally it is fair to moderate chance of seeing a candidate somewhere during your travels on any given day. One even showed up at the MV Club January Brunch now that's looking everywhere for votes.

Getting so deep in politicians that you can't take a baby in public they'll either kiss it or steal its' candy.

When I worked in state economic development I heard the figure they had for economic gain to the state for each presidential candidate that comes to run. So with 14+ already in the game it is a lot of money coming into the state. But it has a real down side New Hampshire is a little like the Scottish Town of Brigadoon, the rest don't even know we're here till the next election.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 24-06-15, 03:04

I try and keep as much distance as possible between myself and Governmentium.
Woodend weather report- Almost complete overcast with just enough blue to make a monkey a pair of trousers. Temperature around 10 C. All calm except for the dozen or so Sulphur Crested Cockatoos hanging around for a hand out. They will chew the veranda posts and rails while they're waiting. Better go.

David
Old 03-09-15, 00:55
carrier mech

I was just mentioning to someone that we are supposed to hit +35°C tomorrow. I am hoping to drive the old deuce and C1 howitzer in to Brandon for cruise night. Funny, in 3 or 4 months from now we could be seeing -35°C, so I will try and not complain tomorrow about the heat.
Old 03-09-15, 04:20
Canadian Rangers

Default Weather

Hey All

Just to let you know we got snow here today, Northern BC. Such a fine covering that you could not see the grass anymore, oh yay.

Gary
M152 CDN
VW Iltis and M101 Trailer

Old 03-09-15, 17:40
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I was just mentioning to someone that we are supposed to hit +35°C tomorrow. I am hoping to drive the old deuce and C1 howitzer in to Brandon for cruise night. Funny, in 3 or 4 months from now we could be seeing -35°C, so I will try and not complain tomorrow about the heat.
Gotta love living in a climate where twice a year the extremes can kill.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!