MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 23-11-04, 12:44
Vets Dottir

Default Your Weather Report?

Hi There All of You MLU-ers (nd I say that in the most respectful and affectionate way :d )

I'm interested in hearing the weather conditions wherever you all may be at this moment.

Here in Winterpeg ... it's winter and the wind still hasn't stopped since I moved here a few months back at the tailend of winter.

Today ... its:

-7 celcius
25 km per hour winds

Last nite I ventured forth on my bicycle to the store ... it was snowing ... the kind of snow thats dense small frozen flakes blowing sideways and stinging the face ... there was about 2/3 inches of snow on the ground and cars slipping and sliding already. Very icy. I almost wiped out afew times... riding the sidewalks and field. Charming.

And its not even COLD YET! I recall -20 Farenheit as normal winter temps when I was a kid. Not sure whatthat is in celcius : but who cares? All you need to know is that the skin freezes when exposed for a couple of minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: gif warning-s.gif (41.3 KB, 206 views)
Old 23-11-04, 13:32
Vets Dottir

Talking visibility pore

THIS is what it looked like about 7 pm last night when I had to cross the road ... more snow on the ground and very icy beneath the snow... I slid across I'm definately back home : Getting winterized soon ... lets see now:

1 snowsuit
12 pair thermal underwear
12 pair wooley socks
1 pair boots
1 pair snowshoes
1 12 foot wrap around scarf
1 pair ear muffs
1 pair mittens
1 pair snow goggles
I bottle DRAMBUIE (hate rum! like Drambuie)
1 snowmobile
hmmm ... what else ?
:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winter-storm.jpg (13.9 KB, 222 views)
Old 23-11-04, 14:42
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: visibility pore

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Getting winterized soon ... lets see now:

1 snowsuit
12 pair wooley socks
1 pair boots
1 pair snowshoes
1 pair ear muffs
1 pair mittens
1 pair snow goggles
1 snowmobile
hmmm ... what else ?
:
:idea: ......You know MA YAPPY, your missing the most important item from your list for those long Winterpeg winters..........

A MAN

Old 23-11-04, 14:52
The Original CMP Site!

Default Re: Your Weather Report?

Quote:
I'm interested in hearing the weather conditions wherever you all may be at this moment.

Here in Winterpeg ... it's winter and the wind still hasn't stopped since I moved here a few months back at the tailend of winter.

Today ... its:

-7 celcius
25 km per hour winds
Here in Kulin, we had a total Harvest Ban today. 37 degrees celcius, 30 kph NE winds gusting to 35 kph, relative humidity of 16%, all that makes for a Extreme Fire Danger. First Harvest Ban of the season, ban means not only not being able to harvest but no movement of any vehicles in paddocks except for watering or checking of livestock. Chance of a thunderstorm tonight.

Rod
Deputy Fire Weather Officer
Shire of Kulin

PS First fire of the season yesterday in a paddock of barley stubble just harvested, a loose battery terminal on a truck is thought to be the cause. It burnt out about 30 acres in about 25 minutes.

Last edited by Rod Diery; 23-11-04 at 15:06.
Old 23-11-04, 14:58

Default Winter just around the corner

No serious weather yet in New Hampshire. Strange weather this fall temperatures have been up (60s F) and down (20s F), high wind, or dead calm nothing in between.
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 23-11-04, 15:41
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Your Weather Report?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod Diery
Here in Kulin, we had a total Harvest Ban today. 37 degrees celcius, 30 kph NE winds gusting to 35 kph, relative humidity of 16%, all that makes for a Extreme Fire Danger. First Harvest Ban of the season, ban means not only not being able to harvest but no movement of any vehicles in paddocks except for watering or checking of livestock. Chance of a thunderstorm tonight.

Rod
Deputy Fire Weather Officer
Shire of Kulin

PS First fire of the season yesterday in a paddock of barley stubble just harvested, a loose battery terminal on a truck is thought to be the cause. It burnt out about 30 acres in about 25 minutes.
Hi Rod ... wow ... I'll keep my fingers crossed for rain and no serious fires I KNOW how wicked and fast they can go. And how easily they start! And how they can wipe out ... food supplies and livelihoods. So... rain, no electrical strikes, no wind, no accidents where sparks and fire happen ... and so on ... fingers crossed!

Karmen
Old 23-11-04, 15:49
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: visibility pore

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
:idea: ......You know MA YAPPY, your missing the most important item from your list for those long Winterpeg winters..........

A MAN

YESSSSS!

Then I can send HIM to the bluddy dammed store while I stay warm by the heater And I know just the man for the job .... I'll be nice and hope for SUN to shine for him ... Ma YAPS sends (her man to the store!)
Old 23-11-04, 15:56
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Winter just around the corner

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Waterman
No serious weather yet in New Hampshire. Strange weather this fall temperatures have been up (60s F) and down (20s F), high wind, or dead calm nothing in between.
Well ... I remember years ago when it always used to have snowed majorly by the time Halloween arrived. This year we've actually had a long sunshiney fall (as if I'd know : hibernating in my windowless bumnker)

I felt the wind last nite right through my layers of clothes to my chest and came in and coughed forever, and turned different colours! Sigh. My sad lungs can't handle this Not very lady-like I'm afraid

(Now I have to find out where New Hampshire is)

Karmen
Old 23-11-04, 18:40
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: visibility pore

Quote:
1 snowsuit
12 pair wooley socks
1 pair boots
1 pair snowshoes
1 pair ear muffs
1 pair mittens
1 pair snow goggles
1 snowmobile
hmmm ... what else ?
:
I suspect if you donned a snowsuit, someone would grab you by the arm and lead you off to school to the Principal's Office. They might be pissed off about you carrying around a bottle of Drambuie too, at least until they realized you weren't actually 15 years old and didn't actually belong there. But you go, girl!

PS: mittens are good. Do they make boots small enough to fit your pixie feet?
Old 23-11-04, 18:51

Default Re: Re: Winter just around the corner

Quote:

Karmen
Northeastern United States, between Vermont and Maine. I used to ride my motorbike through their twisty roads every September (Route 302 east from Waterdown NY through Lake Placid and onwards), wonderful turf and great people.
Old 23-11-04, 20:30
Matt

Quote:
Hi There All of You MLU-ers (nd I say that in the most respectful and affectionate way :d )

Today ... its:

-7 celcius
25 km per hour winds
I'll gladly swap places with you-the weather here is just drizzle-We don't seem to get any proper weather here,and I love the cold. I thought Canada would be my type of place,when I saw the selection of snow shovel's,goggles,gloves etc when I was there in september (and that was Toronto,which I presume isn't as cold as other parts). If bandwidth allow's,is there any chance of posting some more winter photographs?
Dougie
Old 23-11-04, 21:12
Art Johnson

Default Florida

Governor JEB Bush sends his regards and invites y'all to come on down it's 80 F and sunny.
Old 23-11-04, 21:38
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Winter just around the corner

Quote:
Well ... I remember years ago when it always used to have snowed majorly by the time Halloween arrived. This year we've actually had a long sunshiney fall (as if I'd know : hibernating in my windowless bumnker)

I felt the wind last nite right through my layers of clothes to my chest and came in and coughed forever, and turned different colours! Sigh. My sad lungs can't handle this Not very lady-like I'm afraid

Karmen
Hello Carman,
I shall seek and find you. I shall take you to bed and have my way with you.
I will make you ache, shake, and sweat until you moan and groan.
I will make you beg for mercy, beg me to stop.
I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I am finished
with you. And you will be weak for days.
All my love,
The Flu

Now get your mind out of the gutter and go get your flu shot.

+2.... Windy and overcast in Ottawa
Old 23-11-04, 22:19
Richard Notton

Quote:

Easy peasy.
http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather...lsouthern.html

R.
Old 23-11-04, 22:25

Default Re: Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by Art Johnson
Governor JEB Bush sends his regards and invites y'all to come on down it's 80 F and sunny.
Art, you bugger!
Old 23-11-04, 22:42
MLU Administrator

Quote:
I happen to be out of town this week. Weather is not too bad, living quarters are splendid, actually

Old 23-11-04, 22:42
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Winter just around the corner

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Hello Carman,
I shall seek and find you. I shall take you to bed and have my way with you.
I will make you ache, shake, and sweat until you moan and groan.
I will make you beg for mercy, beg me to stop.
I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I am finished
with you. And you will be weak for days.
All my love,
The Flu

Now get your mind out of the gutter and go get your flu shot.

+2.... Windy and overcast in Ottawa
Cute

I haven't had my flu shot yet this year ... went on strike from needles and doctors a few months ago ... fed up They've taken more blood, injected me with all sorts of toxic stuff, and nuked me again and again ... and why do i feel BETTER after going on strike????? I should be positively glowing, especially in the dark,and the cold shouldn't bother me ... as for the FLU ... well ..... bring it on baby!
Old 24-11-04, 01:18
Senior Forum Member

Exclamation Re: Re: Re: Re: Winter just around the corner

Quote:
I should be positively glowing, especially in the dark
Just what we need, a HAPPY MA YAPPY that glows in the dark ......... :idea: ...I be back..........
Old 24-11-04, 08:15
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: visibility pore

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
PS: mittens are good. Do they make boots small enough to fit your pixie feet?
Oh Master SUNNNNNNraY??? They shorely do make wee bittie booties to fit me wee bittie Pixie Witch feet ..... and wee tiny things that they be, ye'll ken THIS be surprized at how effectively (and verra painfully too) they can still kick butt! I be already dreaming of meeting yore nether cheeks with the likes o me wee bittie Pixie B i t c h Boots ... they surely aren't meant for simply walkin'
Old 24-11-04, 08:23
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanno Spoelstra
I happen to be out of town this week. Weather is not too bad, living quarters are splendid, actually

I hate you you spoiled Dutch Skyscraper brat! Along with my Pixie B .....itch boots I shall have some Pixie Wooden shoes for YORE nether cheeks as well...I can jump like a flea!

(Awesome place there Hanno ... are you REALLY staying there?????????????????????????????????)

from Ma
Old 24-11-04, 08:36
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by dougiebarder
I'll gladly swap places with you-the weather here is just drizzle-We don't seem to get any proper weather here,and I love the cold.
Dougie
Ah yes ... drizzle grey ... how depressing The beauty of winter here is that there is so SO much SUN! Here, Manitoba ... IS colder than Toronto isn't it? You'll like Manitoba Dougie ... wanna rent my bunker??? It's close to the buffalo herd and I can show you where they park all the neat tanks!
Old 24-11-04, 09:10
Vets Dottir

Default elbows

Well ... since my wrist knuckles poke out like big elbows tonite ... I need to give the typing a rest til tomorrow ... when I SHALL answer those I haven't YET. And as you ALL know me by now, answers there WILL be, like it or lump it (as my dear "Rosie" (Mom) used to say )

...and to all a goodnite
Old 24-11-04, 09:57
West Coaster

Had to give the grass one last cut last weekend. Weeds don't stop either. Getting time to put a sweater on when going out. One month to solstice, then spring.

JD
Victoria BC
Old 24-11-04, 18:15
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Re: Re: Your Weather Report?

Quote:
(Awesome place there Hanno ... are you REALLY staying there?????????????????????????????????)
Yes, we have drinks & dinner in the chateau, this is where we sleep though:

Hate me? C'mon, give me a break - this is the first time I was lucky enough to follow a course abroad. And we don't even get time off to go to downtown Paris

Amitiés,
Hanno
Old 24-11-04, 18:17
Vets Dottir

Talking White Horse

I found a photo that looks almost like my bike did when I went outside to go to the store ... the snow on mine was probably about half as much as in this photo, and it was CRISPY ICE ... (I'd forgotten to put my bike away in the shed last time I used it : ...it figures!)

BTW ... was just outside to check the mailbox and snow covers everything and the sun is shining beautifully bright ... wonderful combination to see. Sparkly clean and crisp out there. I love it! We're supposed to get snow again today ... if it does, maybe I'll make a snow soldier and stick a Canadian Flag (no Red Ensign... bummer)in his hand

MARKO ... I DO glow ... which means I can only light up yore day!

MASTER R ... I wish I could throw snow balls at you ... to see if I can throw that HIGH! Are you a good catcher? Watch for th flying white thing coming from this way

ALEX ... am actually IMMUNE to FLU by now!!!
Old 24-11-04, 18:22
Vets Dottir

Red face oops

Forgot to attach the photo :

ART ..... sigh ... tell your Master JEB Bush to send plane ticket ... ONE WAY for
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cwc_snowice.jpg (5.3 KB, 157 views)
Old 24-11-04, 18:46
Vets Dottir

Default Hanno/JD

HANNO ... okay I take it back ... : I don't HATE you then. I'm HAPPY MA YAPPY for you ... Looks like an awesome experience and place

JD ... Victoria. Ah. Hey... if you happen to know a Terry or Paquita Maslen from Phelps Subdivision, give them my love ... I'd better call them too as I didn't get to spend Christmas with them last year after all (I was 14 thru 18 mostly while I lived with them)... and certainly am going the other direction for Christmas THIS year Did I ask you before if Scott's Restaurant still exists at Douglas and Yates? On Yates.

from
Old 25-11-04, 01:10
Art Johnson

Default Rain

Carmen, it is raining this evening, I'm going to e-mail the Governor and have him speak to God (his brother) and have it stopped.
Old 27-11-04, 16:48
Vets Dottir

Default Nippy Out

WINTERPEG Current Conditions

Partly cloudy -13 °C

Dew Point -15 °C

Wind 9 km/hr NW

Relative Humidity 85 %
Barometric Pressure 101.3 kPa

Well ... a little nippy here this morning. and me without my MukLuks and snowshoes Guess I'll rally round the heater and dream about Florida and building sandcastles on the beach (unless the tornadoes blew all the beach sands away! )

ART ... all those GOD's are frauds ..... there is only ONE GOD... and that would be???

mozeltov

Ma
Old 27-11-04, 22:14
Richard Notton

Default Re: Nippy Out, not really.

Quote:
WINTERPEG Current Conditions
And in Southampton. . . . . .
Quote:
Partly cloudy -13 °C
Too dark to see. 283.15K