MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 26-08-03, 23:13
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default Fall Swap Sat Oct 4, 2003

As there has been quite an interest expressed, the idea of a fall swap is now reality. To be held at John Adamiak's place on Saturday October 4, 2003, rain or shine. This is an outdoor event. This is a free event without table fees. If you require a table, please bring your own. Use your pickup box, trunk, tailgate, ground whatever your fancy. Refreshments, food available at nominal cost. Time: 1000-1500hrs.(10am to 3pm) Bring your mv's if you like. Directions to follow. Any questions, comments send me a PM.

Last edited by chris vickery; 27-08-03 at 01:40.
Old 27-08-03, 01:24
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default Directions Fall swap

From HWY 401 exit at Guelph Line North. Turn at 25 Sideroad (east). Follow to 6th Line Milton (Nassagaweya). Turn left. John's first on the left at 13026 6th Line.

Alternatively, exit at Milton North on Regional Road 25 (formerly hwy 25). Look for Regional Road 12 On the left, just South of Acton. Turn left and proceed to 6th Line Milton (Nassagaweya).
Turn right, John's first on the left at 13026 6th Line.

Please note NEW TIME 10am to 3pm

Last edited by chris vickery; 27-08-03 at 01:41.
Old 04-10-03, 04:05
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Hope to see you guys there!
Old 04-10-03, 23:07
T-16, C15A

Default Oh boy!

Wow!

I just got back from the fall swap - everybody who is anybody was at John Adamiaks place. All of the famous CMPers were there. What a collection of pleasant fellows.

There were lots of bits for sale, some hamburgs - everything except nice weather. It was OK tho'. Plenty of work to be done over the winter to get ready for another summer of CMPing. Plenty of plans made for fun things next year, before a cold winter sets in.

I am off for work again, or I would have seen Dirk Leekwater too, who comes to Canada for a vacation - I hope he brought a sweater!. I finally got to meet the often talked about , but seldom seen, Barry Churcher.

All in all, a super good day even with the cold, wet weather.

Thanks John and Chris.

Stewart
Old 05-10-03, 01:25
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default HEAR HEAR!

Thanks, Chris & John. You guys did well.

We seem to have a grass-roots thing happening here, and I state here and now that we in southwestern Ontario not only support your efforts but will build upon them in OUR part of the world next year... back to basics, boys, lets get together WHERE we can, WHEN we can! Look ahead to 2004 for much MORE of the same!

Well done all! Hope to see you all for a pre-Christmas "do", if not shortly thereafter.

You're a great crew, all of you.

Geoff
Old 05-10-03, 01:53
M38A1 CDN3

Default Swap meet

Great meet, great folks, lousy weather. Mother Nature is a bitch!

Good to see many of the MLUers again...and, as already noted, good to meet Barry Churcher for the first time.

The only guy who can't collect accolades for this event is John Adamiak, who's home this thing happened at. He apparently hasn't got internet access, so, Chris Vickery...pass along many thanks from all of us to him...and, BTW, the Bags, Aerial Gear looks real nifty beside my WS N0 19 set!
Old 05-10-03, 15:53
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default Yesterdays meet

Thank you guys for your words of praise and encouragement. I will surely pass it on to John. He tells me he's going to be online before year end so we'll have another member to chat with on a regular basis. The show was a great success, although mother nature tried her best to put a damper on things. The diehards were here and I was most pleased, especially after worrying about the potential turnout. I know I went home with an empty wallet! Anyhow, I think it's great that we are getting some action going in this part of the province, kinda funny how a "non-club" can organize and sanction activities such as these while "organizations" with executives cannot. Oh well. I hope everyone had a good time, we are looking forward to the summer meet and another round of swap next fall. Maybe as Geoff suggests, we'll put together a pre-Christmas get together- any interest? BTW, Jon, I'm glad you're happy- P**S Off!