MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 05-07-06, 03:21

Default DeLisle Carbine

Don't know how I did it, but I have some extra funds that just might allow me to buy a repop DeLisle carbine from Valkyrie Arms. I am checking to see if there is anyone out there at MLU who has any experience and/or knowledge of the weapon they are building. Good? Bad? Whatever?

Supposedly, their reproduction is built directly from the original blueprints but I have heard such claims before. And, considering they want $2K plus the $200 for a Federal tax stamp for a silenced weapon, we aren't talking chicken feed here!

Can anyone out there help me? If so, email me directly at sgtbrown103@earthlink.net as I get little chance to come here to MLU.

Tom Brown

P.S. Like I said, I get little chance to get here. This video may be old stuff to all of you, but I just found it last week and it is OUTSTANDING!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...36808847347302
Old 05-07-06, 15:49
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

There are also very good repro DeLisle Carbines being produced in New Zealand for substantially less than US$2000, even for the silenced version. These can be made as a straight barrelled .45ACP rifle, or where laws permit as a silenced .45ACP, just like the original. The silencer works!!! No more noise than the VERY quiet snick of the buffered cocking piece closing. Mmmmmm. This one is nearly complete, but have a look at http://www.replicaweapons.web-nz.com...ng_models.html
Attached Thumbnails
woods delisle.jpg  
Old 06-07-06, 01:20
Derek Heuring

Default Re: DeLisle Carbine

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtbrown
Don't know how I did it, but I have some extra funds that just might allow me to buy a repop DeLisle carbine from Valkyrie Arms. I am checking to see if there is anyone out there at MLU who has any experience and/or knowledge of the weapon they are building. Good? Bad? Whatever?

At the Battle of Bellmead in May of last year there was a reenactor doing a British impression. He had a Repop DeLisle for which he said he paid 1,500.00. I don't remember the name of the company from which he purchased the carbine but he did mention that the gunsmith was a woman. So it makes sense that she may sell her firearms under the name Valkyrie. In any event, it was an excellent repop DeLisle Carbine and drew lots of attention.
Old 06-07-06, 04:37

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
There are also very good repro DeLisle Carbines being produced in New Zealand for substantially less than US$2000, even for the silenced version. These can be made as a straight barrelled .45ACP rifle, or where laws permit as a silenced .45ACP, just like the original. The silencer works!!! No more noise than the VERY quiet snick of the buffered cocking piece closing. Mmmmmm. This one is nearly complete, but have a look at http://www.replicaweapons.web-nz.com...ng_models.html

Tony,

Thanks for the head's up on that maker but the thought of trying to deal with importing a silenced weapon leaves me with chills! I have been through the "Class 3" process before many years ago and would hate to think what would be involved with an international transfer!

Tom
Old 06-07-06, 13:49

Default Re: Re: DeLisle Carbine

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
At the Battle of Bellmead in May of last year there was a reenactor doing a British impression. He had a Repop DeLisle for which he said he paid 1,500.00. I don't remember the name of the company from which he purchased the carbine but he did mention that the gunsmith was a woman. So it makes sense that she may sell her firearms under the name Valkyrie. In any event, it was an excellent repop DeLisle Carbine and drew lots of attention.
Just did some checking and, sure enough, the president of Valkyrie is a woman. Probably the same manufacturer then.

Rifle looks nice but do you remember the guy making any comment on how it works?

Tom
Old 06-07-06, 23:07
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Re: DeLisle Carbine

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtbrown
Just did some checking and, sure enough, the president of Valkyrie is a woman. Probably the same manufacturer then.

Rifle looks nice but do you remember the guy making any comment on how it works?

Tom

Functionality never came up in the short discussion I had with him. I did see him fire several blank rounds, which cycled flawlessly, and of course, were very quiet. If the general fit and finish of the firearm is any measure, then it's a shooter.