MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 26-07-05, 23:33
Graeme Jamieson

Default Dodges on Epay

This guy appears to have a pile of Dodges that he is going to sell on Epay. This is the first of them.

Epay item # 4563812250
Attached Images

Old 27-07-05, 11:50
MLU Administrator

More interestingly, there's a Dodge T236 APT on eBay as well - see 1945 DODGE ¾ TON WEAPONS CARRIER (Fully Restored) Item number: 4564862849
Quote:
Description
1945 DODGE ¾ TON WEAPONS CARRIER (Fully Restored)
Model 236 - APT (Air Portable Truck)
o Built by Chrysler Corporation in Windsor, Ontario, Canada in July 1945, for the British and Canadian Armies
o Total miles since new: 10,525 miles
o Nevertheless rebored with new pistons
o New bearings (main and cam)
o New wheel bearings
o Electrical system 12V
o Instruments: all original (added turn signals)
o Brakes & lines: all new (note brake fluid is of the silicone type)
o Tires: 5 new Michelin with directional thread
o Gun-rack: vertical on driver’s side
o Winch: Braden MU-2
o All dash-tags are original
o Original motor-crank
o Original wheel-nut wrench
o Original jack and crank
o Matching paint
o Less than 1,000 miles since rebuild
Please note that before reboring the cubic inch displacement of the model 236 was 236.6 while the U.S. model T-214 has 230.2

HISTORY
This vehicle was sold in 1946 in Winchester, Ontario, Canada by the local Chrysler dealer to the District Fire Department. I have a contemporary photograph of the vehicle in use as a fire truck. This photo appeared in the Winchester Press.

Later on the truck was sold to a small group of outdoorsmen for fishing and hunting, where it obviously did little service.

I took the vehicle apart, totally. For four years I worked on it (on and off, of course). All parts were individually sandblasted, primed and painted. I replaced the whole wooden part of the box with treated hardwood (maple) and, in doing so, I built in (over the gas tank), a small access cover, easily removable so that one has no difficulty in getting at the wiring and the float.

I live in the country (about 20 minutes south of the Ottawa International Airport) and I do not belong to any club, so you must not be surprised that I drove the finished vehicle just a few hundred miles. I want to sell this gem strictly because my advanced age and because my wife and I are both afflicted with some health problems.

TRANSPORT
The Purchaser will be solely responsible for pick-up (yes, it is eminently drivable with the necessary documents) or for transport. All risk and expense will be purchaser’s sole responsibility). Due to my condition, a professional driver friend of mine will do any test driving you may require with the proviso that HE ALONE may drive on public roads due to insurance limitations. He has a small yard, within which you may “take the wheel”.

DOCUMENTS
· maintenance manual (photocopy)
· parts manual (photocopy)
· U.S. technical TM 9-1808-A (for 6 x 6)
· U.S. technical manual TM-1808-A (for 4 x 4)
· Braden Winch Manual
· detailed illustration and literature on Braden MU-2 Winch

FREE PARTS TO PURCHASER (model DT 214)
· engine (serial # DT-326307)
· transmission attached to engine
· front axle housing with parts
· rear axle complete with rims and tires
· various smaller parts

NOTES:
If necessary I will provide you with a “fitness certificate” which is mandatory in Ontario before you can obtain a license plate (called tag in U.S.)

For U.S. customers
There is no such thing in Ontario as “Title to a Vehicle”. The “ownership” is all you need.
Attached Images