Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-04, 00:21
Vets Dottir

Quote:
By Bill Murray:

Evening Karmen:

Thanks for your post too. I believe I have probably read almost every one of your posts but do not remember responding to one.
Then I'm honoured to receive your FIRST RESPONSE Master Bill Murray ... (do you dance? rlated to Athur? )

Quote:
I have always considered you to be one of the most important contributors here with not only your wit but also your insight. You pose questions and make statements that many of us big tough guys are to timid to ask or bring up. You got a big set, girl and I would hate to meet you in a dark alley with your frying pan. We need a "nanner" icon for this board (the dancing banana that is all the rage for a "kudos" message.
Yikes ... I thank you for telling me your thoughts. Funny, I usually feel like a complete idiot out of my element. As for statements others would fear to make, I suppose that being out of my element I'm not beholden to the same rules of conduct ... and the territory is quite new to me in general ...so I tend to just "say stuff" from the heart usually ... and I know I've inadvertantly offended some at times (I'm sorry ) People in here don't let others get away with anything too out of line or context though. Frying pans abound What I lack for in knowledge and experience ... I somehow feel an affinity for the values and interests that the MLU site and membership is all about. Maybe also I'm just a frustrated soldier who needs to learn how to allow my inner soldier OUT for a change. To stand ground and fight for whats meaningful and feels "right" if I must.

Quote:
2. Karmen did you mean a monument to vets or dodgers?
Oops ... sorry, that was a typo ... DODGERS it was. Nelson ... hmmmm... rarely think of the place anymore ... but am glad the monument idea raised outrage and caused rejection of the idea.

Quote:
Since I am rarely serious for any length of time, let me close out this one by telling you Karmen that in addition to all that I have learned from your posts, some of them have a second value to me. When I am over tired and cannot go to sleep, I sometimes pull up one of your longer threads to read and before too long I am dozing
off at the desk.

Bill
Oh??? my my my my my my my

OH... MASTER Bill, how you DO giveth and then taketh away (flirting with my frying pan me thinks. We'll ... "talk" ... again me thinks?)

Karmeen says nay ho ma (sleep well!)