MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 20-07-07, 03:39

Default Inflation......

Tracking a recent sale on Ebay showed a 2 gal POW going for the measly sum of $89 US dollars......

for sale from a "La Belle Province seller"......

I will soon need armed guards to watch over the barn and the back forty........Grant are you available for the night shift????

Where will it end....???

I am thinking of finger printing all attendees of the BB 2.... and maybe photos as well.... and I am not sure I can trust myself...

Going for another beer

Boob
Canada
Old 20-07-07, 03:59

Default Re: Inflation......protectionism etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere
Grant are you available for the night shift????

Going for another beer

Boob
The gin palace still needs work to be comfortable, but if it;s too comfortable I might sleep through the invasion. On the other hand, if I end up sleeping in the CMP cabs over yonder I'll be in a really nasty mood if an intruder shows up.

Unless all of your target practice has been done with equal amounts of beer in the system, your aim may go wonky with the splatter gun. You will miss the intended target but scare his accomplice half stupid.

Grant
Old 21-07-07, 20:55
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Inflation......

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere
Tracking a recent sale on Ebay showed a 2 gal POW going for the measly sum of $89 US dollars......

for sale from a "La Belle Province seller"......

I will soon need armed guards to watch over the barn and the back forty........Grant are you available for the night shift????

Where will it end....???

I am thinking of finger printing all attendees of the BB 2.... and maybe photos as well.... and I am not sure I can trust myself...

Going for another beer

Boob
Bob, did you see the P37 Map case made by Jones Tent and Awning (a famous though now defunct Vancouver company)? It was recently on Eplay. I dropped out at what I thought was an insane $42.00 while others fought it out into the $70 range! Insanity! Saving Private Ryan is doing to militaria collectors what Bambi did to hunters...destroying our hobby.
Old 22-07-07, 00:24

Default Insane yes, but makes you think.

Makes you stop and think though before you throw or give away any of that old surplus stuff you played with as a kid. Think of all those 1941 date canteens you had, or maybe that rucksack.

But why is that I can never find those people who will pay insane prices for stuff I'm tired of storing?

Cheers
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 22-07-07, 06:41
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Insane yes, but makes you think.

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Waterman
Makes you stop and think though before you throw or give away any of that old surplus stuff

Cheers
Truer words were never spoke. When moving to the U.S. from Canada I distilled my life down to one truck load, quite a feat when you consider I had 1 1/2 garages and a house full of militaria. I used Ebay to sell much of my collection. I went through my stuff deciding what I was to keep, what to sell and what to chuck or give away. One item in my chuck pile was a pilot's handbook for the IN3 inertial navigation system for the F-104 Starfighter. Not a technical manual, mind you, but a short introduction to the unit. Something twigged when I threw it into the pile...maybe I should put in on ebay...you never know. Well, I did and ended getting over a $100.00 for it from a buyer in Florida! Oy vey! Now there is very little I throw out without first presenting it to the ebay universe.
Old 22-07-07, 15:58

Talking Ridiculous Money - Epay

If you really want to see ridiculous prices attained by epay you don't have to look any further than the manual sold only a couple of days ago. It's not that rare, It wasn't perfect at all and definately wasn't worth the $700 AUD that it made.

http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/sh...&threadid=9078

But just to prove that someone will buy anything...and another cliche....."a fool and their money will soon be parted", well known Australian military vehicle collector; Hugh Davis' son Robert was told by his teacher he had too much self asteem ( he was being a pain in the behind in class ), so he decided to sell some on Epay ( yeah, you heard right ). He advertised " A twelve hour supply of self asteem " held within a shoebox, and made $25 AUD for it. Unbelievable, but true.

Pedr
Old 22-07-07, 16:31
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Ridiculous Money - Epay

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedr
.... Hugh Davis' son Robert was told by his teacher he had too much self esteem ( he was being a pain in the behind in class ),
That makes me see RED. If that was his/her true phraseology, that "teacher" should be fired.
Old 22-07-07, 19:56
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Ridiculous Money - Epay

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedr
Robert was told by his teacher he had too much self esteem

Pedr
Dang! and I thought that was all the school system today was worried about...self esteem for the little Droogs. Never mind Reading, 'Riting, and 'Rithmetic so long as little Billy was self-actualizing well in a supportive environment of non-discriminating social interplay where self expression takes precedence over an artificial system of grading which is hierarchical and demeaning to the learning-challenged.
Old 22-07-07, 20:03
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: Re: Ridiculous Money - Epay

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Dang! and I thought that was all the school system today was worried about...self esteem for the little Droogs. Never mind Reading, 'Riting, and 'Rithmetic so long as little Billy was self-actualizing well in a supportive environment of non-discriminating social interplay where self expression takes precedence over an artificial system of grading which is hierarchical and demeaning to the learning-challenged.
says Ma Yappy
Old 22-07-07, 22:26

Default Inflation

There is a somebody selling individual links of track off bren carriers on e-bay. They have been selling them for awhile now, at first the price was $9.95 and now the starting bid is $12.95 or buy now price is $19.95. That works out to be a far better price then the price of scrap metal which here now i think is running about $150.00 a ton. I could make a small fortune for that price on the track I have .

Eric