MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 22-02-03, 23:05
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Remote Email Clients

I'd like to know who uses what to get access to their home email while away from home. I've used Webbox for a few years now, but it's limited in terms of presentation and even reliability. It DOES allow me to access my various email accounts (associated with my various domains) and it DOES allow me to send under those email addresses, and it DOES allow me to zap stuff off the server and retain what I want for my archives once I get to my home machine. The trouble is, it's unreliable and its interface is way outdated.

What do you use, how does it work and would you recommend it?

While we're on the subject, I use Netscape - Nutscrape - Mail because it's impervious to 99% of the viruses floating around... but has anyone a solid recommendation for an alternate (non-Microsoft) product?
Old 28-02-03, 01:29
T-16, C15A

Default I use this one

Geoff,

While on the road ( and even at work ) I have had real good luck with " mail2web.com "

It allows me to look at, and delete messages while away from the home address. I cannot look at old messages, which is a drag sometimes, but it is better than waiting a week or so to return an e-mail message.

Stewart
Beachville
Old 01-03-03, 17:53
In Vino Veritas

Default Email

Geoff , my internet supplier has virtual email through its homepage. I can access my account ,save,del,reply,compose,ans store addresses through this medium. When I log on from home then it will download to my PC and clear off any saved emails at the server.
ALSO , I tried to post the scanned pics diagram of the piat /vickers mount to no avail. I then tried to email you the same but your server kicked it for being too large. I can reduce it but then you can't read the text. What would you like done?
Sean