MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 11-12-06, 07:20
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Field Surgury

OK, I have a front tooth which needs to take a permament vacation (when it goes wandering about my mouth you just know)...

Here's the drill... I can pay hundreds to a dentist to grab his vice-grips and yank... or I can take my own vice-grips, and suitably reinforced, carry on m'self. An interesting conundrum, must say. VDPW, where are you when I need you? Natasha does NOT understand "Git the bloody vice-grips you furry little moggy witch, give them to me and and what part of 'stand to attention!' did you not understand? Cats, oi vey.".

Yes, I AM losing it. No I'm not. Yes I am. Not I'm not. Report to your nearest Reducation Centre. Yes Ma'am, er... sir.

Some days I feel like Paul Gross. Well, maybe if I had his money. No, you would. No, you wouldn't. Yes, I might. With all due respect to your rank and station in life, PISS OFF, but thank you kindly.

Oh my, methinks SUNRAY needs a vacation. NOTE TO SELF: Make it so, No 1. SAH!
Old 11-12-06, 07:30
Vets Dottir

Oh no, not the abcess again??? That could explain you not feeling so well lately.

I don't want to hear about self-surgery so I will avoid this thread from now on but first will ask, "Ever hear of the old string and the door knob trick ... IF its just a loose tooth?"

Karmen.
Old 11-12-06, 14:07

It may well be, K... I called in sick today, feel like crap. I really am coming to hate our climate. The tooth thing has to be dealt with as well, though... it's dead and needs a suitable burial. Damn. Going to sleep now.

Will respond to your thread and various PMs in due course.
Old 11-12-06, 16:37
Addicted to Drab

Default self inflicted ....

Kinda reminds me of the old western....bite the bullet.
Old 11-12-06, 16:47
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Deal with it....

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
It may well be, K... I called in sick today, feel like crap. I really am coming to hate our climate. The tooth thing has to be dealt with as well, though... it's dead and needs a suitable burial. Damn. Going to sleep now.

Will respond to your thread and various PMs in due course.
Jif...

Deal with it and stop whineing about it..

Here is a training aid to help you out..
Your buddy..
Al

http://www.sikvid.com/vids/2254.html
Old 11-12-06, 17:11
Dave Demorrow

I don’t understand according to the democrats down here you guys have free medical services up there where everyone has free coverage and it works great and no one has to pay anything???? Could they be wrong?
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 11-12-06, 20:02

Dave, it's a lie. There's a lot of stuff we pay up front for still, and some of it makes no sense... if you get beat up and some teeth knocked out, you get carted off to hospital and taken care of without a worry or a dime (except for the ecnalubma trip, which they bill you for)... if you walk into a dentist's office, you're buggered. There's a reason dentists in their 30's drive Porsches...

Don't let those democRATS lead you down the garden path here.

@ Alex... you are a truly evil man. EVIL. Don't EVER send me a video like that again, verstehen? Especially if it has anything to do with Australian spiders.
Old 11-12-06, 20:52
Dave Demorrow

no problem, its funny how some people down here are experts on canadian and EU medical care, and have never left the US. well got to go, its in the 70s so im getting my new motor ready for the carrier.
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 11-12-06, 21:40
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Helpfull..

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
[@ Alex... you are a truly evil man. EVIL. Don't EVER send me a video like that again, verstehen? Especially if it has anything to do with Australian spiders. [/B]
Just trying to be helpfull...

I agree that spiders suck .Especially this abortion on Sussex Drive in our nations capital,that our tax $$$$$$$$$$ went to purchace...I forget how many millions..and it has upkeep costs that will never end..
http://www.gallery.ca/english/default_webcam.htm
Old 12-12-06, 03:40

geoff

save yourself some money, get a tube of ambesol, and rub copious ammounts all around the sore area...let stand for ten minutes and yank tooth out. ambesol is like novacaine...if done properly, you won't feel a thing

:idea: mike
Old 12-12-06, 04:00
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by alleramilitaria
I don’t understand according to the democrats down here you guys have free medical services up there where everyone has free coverage and it works great and no one has to pay anything???? Could they be wrong?
FYI ... I'm newly started on a medication I used to be on that requires appointments with an opthamologist and visits with the optometrist for monitoring eyes and field of vision due to rare but potential side effects (loss of central vision biggest worry in this case), both of who used to be fully covered on my enhanced medical coverage. I'm on FULLY ENHANCED coverage. The rules have since changed and the opthamologist is fully covered, but I have to get to him through the optometrist referring me, who is now only partially covered. I have to cough up $40 ... and will have to cough that up every visit I have to have my eyes and field of vision tested. Tough when its not in the budget and the pills are needed. GP is trying to directly refer me to Opthamologist ... but ... may tell doc to forget those pills (prescribed by rheumatologist) as it still requires optometrist monitoring. ARGH

So ... many things are covered on normal basic coverage, more on enhanced like I've FORTUNATELY got, but in many cases I think its "okay, you get so much and can't have the rest. Find it yourself." Which works of you have the income to be able to do that. Lots of clinics etc also have extra FEES, and any paper work required by docs are usually not covered.

I think about elderly on small pensions or disability especially. People do without what they need, more often than not, because of the "extra" costs not covered to get what they're prescribed for treatment/meds/etc.

Strange. TYo have it covered because its recognized a person NEEDS a certain drug or something but that the monitoring it needs to go with it is NOT covered, or only partly covered when a person can't even do the "partly" part..

Did I shave my legs for this?