MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 22-08-05, 01:27
RIP

Default Talk about barbarism!!

Standing out on the sidewalk in front of the house today, talking to a buddy on his new 18 Speed bicycle,which I was bugging him about(Canadian $ 800.00),the thing has both front & rear shocks!!Anyway, around the corner comes a red jeep, sporting those large dune buggy tires plus roll bar.The entire interior well was also painted red.I wave him down,wheh I spotted the old grill.Sure enough,he stops,pulls over,backs up to where we're standing.On the rear lid I see Willys.It's a 1952.He shows me the original motor.You could eat off of it>He confirms it's ex military.I asked him what the color was when he bought it.He says"that dark army green"I could have cried.The windscreen was the original,the only original tire,the spare, was original.When are people buying these old vets not going to appreciate them??Meanwhile,this jerk,prouder than hell,throws up the windscreen,and disappears.Whaat aa waste
Old 22-08-05, 03:30
Dave Demorrow

we run into the same problem down here where you can find MB and GPWs in the fields. all ya need to do is cut a hole in the rear for a tail gate, get rid of them silly army seats, cut a hole for a proper gas tank, redo the tires and wheels, and drop a V6 in it then you have a good deer hunting vehicle.

yea i see it all the time, the last one i saw the owner told me that it still had the original hood numbers and star on it when he "fixed it up". then i get offered $500.00 for both my restored jeeps all the time from experts that are wanting to do me a favor cus you can buy NEW jeeps from the government for onlu 3-400.00 each. riiiiiiiight.
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 13-09-05, 03:40
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by alleramilitaria
we run into the same problem down here where you can find MB and GPWs in the fields. all ya need to do is cut a hole in the rear for a tail gate, get rid of them silly army seats, cut a hole for a proper gas tank, redo the tires and wheels, and drop a V6 in it then you have a good deer hunting vehicle.

yea i see it all the time, the last one i saw the owner told me that it still had the original hood numbers and star on it when he "fixed it up". then i get offered $500.00 for both my restored jeeps all the time from experts that are wanting to do me a favor cus you can buy NEW jeeps from the government for onlu 3-400.00 each. riiiiiiiight.
I know what you mean Dave! Flat fenders are plentiful down here, 'cept they've all been "Bubba-ized!" and taken out to the deer lease where they're left to rot! Try to buy one for parts and Bubba goin' tell you all 'bout the Beeyooick Vee 6 he and Goober shew horned into the dern thang! An' how 'bout the 10 foot high seat welded inna back fer shootin' deer outa! Heck, it ain't ruin't 'cause the gubberment gots all sortsa bran' noo Jeeps still in the crate fer 50 bucks! Yoo jest better be quick or you gonna get dip jooce spit all o'er yer fancy shoos!
Old 13-09-05, 03:52
Dave Demorrow

hey sapper ya want a CCKW?
i found 2 more and may get them for a great price.

bren carrier #3 is at home and has a temp desert paint job on it now so the city wont throw a fit. the other carrier i have will have a italian stomovite body on it (wood) to keep the inside clean after i derust it. again that way the city wont have a fit.
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL