MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-09, 04:11

Default M3A1 White Scout Cars

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on buying Scout Cars in Canada. I'm able to locate them in the US by the dozen. Did Canada ever have any in service or are they just nearly impossible to find?

To bring one up from the states would cost a pretty penny, money that I would rather spend on restoration and not just acquisition.

Thanks,
Dakota
Old 05-03-09, 12:08
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Canada used M3 series Scout Cars in a wide variety of applications both in NW Europe and Italy, but I've seen very few in Canada - I suspect they were originally issued from local motor pools in England rather than taken overseas from here. If you want one that badly, you're probably better off buying one down south - at least you'll start with a good unit, albeit you'll pay more up front... but having said that, there are a few around up here which might be had for the right price, so good luck one way or the other and keep us posted!
Old 06-03-09, 03:41

Thanks a lot for the heads up. I have a couple of contacts in the states which were very helpful. They want anywhere in between 7-10 000USD for a unit with original wind shield, cab, but refabed or refurbed side, back, and floor plating.

Still seems worth it, but being amateur I don't want to get ripped off. Could you provide any insight?

Thanks,
Dakota