MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-04-12, 12:41

Default TULIP FESTIVAL 4th MAY 2012 VIP CONVOY

I am have been asked to act as the link person between the MV community and the Festival.

The Tulip Festival is having a convoy around downtown Ottawa on Friday 4th May. Linked with this is the unveiling of a memorial in the downtown area.

They are looking to transport a number of VIPs and sponsors of the event.

The approximate timings are from 1600 hrs to 1900 hrs with a static display in a courtyard in Byward Market for the last hour or so.

This is trying to link the starting of the Festival with its roots in the heritage from WW2 with the Dutch Royal Family and their giving thanks to Canada for hosting the Dutch Royal Family and the Canadian involvement in the Liberation of Holland.

So far we have two vehicles that have committed to attend.

Anyone with a vehicle big or small who would be prepared to drive and transport VIPs and sponsors is asked to contact myself as soon as possible.

All vehicles need to be street legal.

While there is a desire to have WW2 vehicles the availability is understood and all eras of vehicles are welcome. It is also well understood that this is a weekday afternoon / early evening.

I am continuing discussions with the Festival organisers on subject such as tax receipts for providing your vehicle and feeding during the static part.

It is well recognised that this is a late call and that the weather may not be favourable as it is early in the season.

Please email me your vehicle details and post here that you are willing to commit to the event. I will continue to liaise with the festival organisers.

Rgards

Robin Craig