MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 20-07-06, 00:54
RIP

Default Hi Karmen-are you out there tonight??

I just want to let you know that the Shad Golden is still alive.But our black and white feral tabby that Deb adopted,because she hung around on our deck till winter came five years ago ,with the big yellow eyes and very pink nose by the name of "Little Girl" was put down tonight when Deb got home from work.She had a tumor .bleeding under her left forepaw.I'm still hearing her purring in the middle of the night as she wrapped herself around my head.Just before we put her in the cat cage at 5;05 EDT,she looked up at Deb , meowed as usual for her supper,before we trapped her and put her in the damn cage.How is it that when we humans have no remorse taking out Al'Quida terrorists,but melt when we put a pet down? Not a dry eye ib this house tonight.Little Christine doesn't know,so Debbie Baby went to pick her up at work.Can't cry anymore.No tears left to shed.

Your friemd
Old 20-07-06, 01:05
Vets Dottir

Yes, Little Mama Karmen is here ... ah, so sorry to hear about having to put down "Little Girl" ... our animals are family and it's so damned hard to say goodbye to them when they leave us, and especially hard when we have to intervene and help them along their way before they are ready naturally, or we are ready to say goodbye. That's hard. I know I always get extremely attached to animals, and them to me. I feel for you folks tonight. They aren't "just animals" to me, never were, they're "alive creatures" who communicate and get attached with us, just like people, we have unique :love: bonds and relationships.

I can only imagine how much you all will miss her

Karmen.