MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 19-01-14, 02:35

Default CF MLVW photo reference gallery

Here are some pictures of some common and not so oft seen variants.

The first is a picture I love and have always wanted to use somewhere, so here we go. 59003 in the ice in 1998 in Ottawa.

The cover or canvas as I call them came in two colours mostly. Here is 60971 taken in Ottawa in 1994 at 450 Squadrons lines with the plain canvas.

58999 again in Ottawa sports the camouflaged canvas in 1996.

The sight of an MLVW with the hood up and daily checks going on may look romantic to some but it is a long way up and awkward. Here is one in Carp on exercise in 1998.

The last one in this batch is 60845 and has th optional winch and the later added cab basket on to of the roof.
Attached Thumbnails
mlvw ice.jpg   mlvw plain cover.jpg   mlvw cam cover.jpg   mlvw hood up.jpg   mlvw winch cab basket.jpg  

Old 19-01-14, 02:45

There are more than a few flavours of the MLVW that were produced, chassis length was changed as well.

There were some deployments that called for an overall white pain scheme. the canvas in its plastic like material wasn't painted as far as I saw in 1994.

There were a variety of shelter bodies and other kit that were carried by the MLVW. sometimes there was no canvas like this one in Ottawa in 1998.

And on other half a canvas was left on like this one taken at the Walkley rail yard on a flat car in 1995.

This one carrying the EME stores was spied in 1998 in Carp on a pre deployment exercise. the sharp eyed ones of you will notice it has the later wheels and tyres fitted as a result of the 105 + MILVW tyre issue and the replacement program was underway.
Attached Thumbnails
mlvw white.jpg   mlvw big shelter.jpg   mlvw shelter canvas.jpg   mlvw stores.jpg  
Old 19-01-14, 02:54

The first one here is deceiving as it is actually an artillery SEV and has a locker that runs under the seats down either side and is accesible from outside the vehicle and was taken in Ottawa in 1995 and im fairly sure that 58675 belonged to 30th Field.

The crane equipped flatbed was odd in that it had an expanded metal mesh deck. This was 6623 again in Ottawa in 1994. From seeing another one at Trenton a few years later I think that there was an Air Force need for this special crane truck.
Attached Thumbnails
mlvw arty sev.jpg   PICT0003 (2).jpg   mlvw flatbed crane.jpg   mlvw flatbed crane rear.jpg  
Old 19-01-14, 03:00

Finally for today, two different vehicles again rarely seen.

61195 was an odd sight in Ottawa and I think was from the Engineer militia squadron but i'm not sure. I never did see it again. It was a water purification body and I think the HLVW took over that role with the ROWPU system.

62076 was again a militia vehicle from Walkley Road and was fitted with the E sev for the engineers with the route denial auger to allow cratering of routs or putting in T stakes on exercise in hard ground. The second role was what they go tasked for alot in summer. Under the canvas was a caged stores lock up as they carried explosives. The auger was the same kind as fitted to the M113 E sev i'm told
Attached Thumbnails
mlvw purification rear.jpg   mlvw water purification.jpg   mlvw e sev.jpg